PDA

View Full Version : Draft/Sealed Simulator

bogycoins
09-16-2013, 06:27 AM
Hello,

Today a new feature was introduced on hex.tcgbrowser.com (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com). As the title says, it is a brand new draft/sealed simulator!
The tool allows you to draft against bots as well as against other players.

Basically it works like this:
- Click on 'Draft Simulator (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/draft)' link to enter the draft lounge.
- Select 'New table' to create a new table. In the dialog that opens you have several options you can select: the type of game you want draft or sealed, show or hide picked cards during the draft, set the maximum time to wait for a player to pick his card.
- After the table is created, it becomes visible to all other players sitting in the lounge. You can click on a seat to add a Bot or some other players can click on the seat to join your table.
- After players joined the table or you added any number of bots, click on 'Start' to start the game.
- After the game is finished, you can export the cards you picked into a new deck that will be available in your Decks section. Also, you can click on other users seat to see the cards they've picked and export their cards as well.

There is also a chat section as well. It has a lounge room, for people waiting in the lounge, and each draft game has its own room with the chat available to people playing at the same table.

The bots might be a little 'stupid' in the start, but as games are played they will become smarter and smarter.

I hope you'll enjoy this little tool and please let me know if you encounter any problems or you have any suggestion.

Icepick
09-16-2013, 07:19 AM
I don't understand how it's supposed to work - clicking the Pick Card button doesn't seem to do anything.

bogycoins
09-16-2013, 07:47 AM
When you pick a card, the game waits for the other players to pick theirs, until their timer runs out, in which case a bot will pick a card. After that, the packs are rotated left/right, depending on the round, and the new cards are displayed.

It looks like it got stuck somehow in your case. You can try clicking the alert icon 1038 near 'Time left' text in the top right. That should unstuck the bots and force the game to move forward.

Icepick
09-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Yeah clicking that thing works, but the bots seem to get stuck every single time so I always have to click it to move forwards (all bots, no other people besides me.)

bogycoins
09-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Looks like you're not connected to the draft server. You can see by clicking Show online players if you're there. If that's the case, you should make sure you're browser is listed here (http://socket.io/#browser-support)in the first place. Another thing you can do is to re-enter the draft by clicking on the Draft Simulator link. You shouldn't worry about being in the middle of the draft though, the tool knows to pause the game and lets you resume it.

tilde
09-17-2013, 06:30 AM
I posted a bug to your site forums. Thanks for making this fun tool!

bogycoins
09-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah clicking that thing works, but the bots seem to get stuck every single time so I always have to click it to move forwards (all bots, no other people besides me.)

Got this reproduced, in Opera :) Fixed now.

Norious
09-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Nice job!

Icepick
09-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Awesome, working nicely now :)

EntropyBall
09-19-2013, 01:15 PM
It would be neat if the deck editor after the draft kept track of what you drafted. It will let me add 4 of a card, even if drafted 2, and if I drop a card out it I have to remember that I drafted it if I want to add it back in. I guess the normal deck construction interface doesn't make a ton of sense for draft, since all cards are either in your deck or sideboard.
Fun to play with though, thanks.

Edit: Also, it would be nice if the cards were arranged in decreasing rarity or some sort of set rarity pattern. It seemed like the rare was always in a random place in the pack.

bogycoins
09-19-2013, 03:25 PM
There is a draft history. That should help keeping track of your games. Just open two tabs, one with the draft and one with the deck and you pretty much achieve that :)

As for the rarity, you can always use the (new) sorting buttons to arrange cards as you wish, even during the draft.