PDA

View Full Version : [Fan-fic+card] A Shin'hare Friendship

Cazychel
09-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi folks,

I had a nice idea for a short story and wrote that down. Additionally I have made a card that encapsules the story (hopefully) - though I do not know how well balanced it is; just some ideas, that HEX has not shown yet. Okay, multi-sharded cards are a no-brainer that will be featured in the future for sure. Another interesting thing is to have cards that are cheaper than their threshold requirements; a way to allow cheap (mana-wise), yet powerful cards with a very strict shard limitation.

Have fun,

Cazy

A Shin'hare Friendship

There is a Shin'hare saying that goes: "We are all born to the same litter"; meaning that we all start out the same and all will go through the trials of war to earn our name. But WE were born to the actual same litter. And this is important, because we were the only two who survived. Our mother died, as well as seventeen of our siblings during childbirth.

He was the strongest of us. I barely survived.

We had a rough start into our lives, often the last ones to get food and more than once the target of harassment by the larger litters. Though everyone is essentially equal, still there is separation between groups depending on who is their mother and how favorable they are within the Concubunnies. Political affairs and bickering are mirrored in the lowest ranks of the armies. Fortunately, we were not only weak and outnumbered, but also uninteresting. Our mother had no high ambitions and no important role but to produce litter. Perhaps the only reason we survived until the first actual battle.

I had taught him, how to survive from scrap food and how to hide in the blind spot of the more menacing people; he toughened me up with methods of fighting stronger enemies. Endless sessions of endurance training and the constant fear of the others kept us on our toes.

But war changes everything. In battle there is nothing left but the barging bodies of your comrades, death saturating the air and the ground soaking up the blood until it just gives up.
In a raid against a Coyotl settlement, which was aided by a visiting band of Human riders, we and a small troop got separated and tried to backtrack to our main army. The riders were on our tail and their archer took the others down one by one. We plunged into shrubs, but the Humans set fire to it and drove us out. Yet instead of running over the open field and being shot down just like the others, he turned back and took me and three surviving and completely irritated 'hares into a reckless charge. With two burning branches in hand he rushed the horses and we dived through them, cutting their knees and burying the riders under their mounts. Quickly we ran past them, not looking, not turning. But I did, with my heart drumming on my temples I saw two wings of fire fiercely thrashing the air. And it dawned on me: He blinded them! The archers could not see us.

I could not see his eyes, yet I could feel them burning brighter than the flames. He did not save our group, he saved me!
The rest of the battle was over in a rush of blood and tears. I fought without even thinking, wild and unbound like never before. It was as if were still fighting side by side.
He never got his name, but I took on one to honor us both: Hitonisha (meaning: One that is two). Most of them do not even realize, what it means; to most Shin'hare I am only known as Grand Battle Master Hito.

The card:

Unnamed Litter - Shin'hare troop

Cost: 2
Threshold: [W,W,B]

When ~ comes into play, if it is not a copy, put a copy of ~ into play.
When another card named Unnamed Litter dies, transform this card into Grand Battle Master Hitonisha.

~ cannot block.

"Heroes are born, when their bodies bear more than one soul."

1/1

Grand Battle Master Hitonisha - Unique Shin'hare troop

As long as Grand Battle Master Hitonisha attacks, all other Shin'hare troops you control have Rage 1.

Swiftstrike. Rage 2.

"To inspire the souls of many, to incite the spark of rage within them, is the true power of leadership."

0/2

keroko
09-30-2013, 02:53 AM
yay! you gotta see the map, so we can guess places these things could happen.

you've quite the imagination.

funktion
10-06-2013, 12:10 AM
I can dig it! Not a big person on lore, but I like what you did here.

RCDv57
10-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Thats a cute story.
But you forgot the part where shin'hare sacrifice babies in blood magic rituals.
They're just as bad as this guy (http://www.lfgcomic.com/page/1/)

WhiteBubbles7
10-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Great story! Keep it going.

Lockon
10-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Thats a cute story.
But you forgot the part where shin'hare sacrifice babies in blood magic rituals.
They're just as bad as this guy (http://www.lfgcomic.com/page/1/)

Not every Shin'hare has to a horrible monster of a person, nor are they all heroes. The idea that just because as a whole their race tends to be depraved sickos, doesn't mean there aren't a few white sheep. Frankly the idea that your race will decide your morality sickens me to the core.

HyenaNipples
10-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Not every Shin'hare has to a horrible monster of a person, nor are they all heroes. The idea that just because as a whole their race tends to be depraved sickos, doesn't mean there aren't a few white sheep. Frankly the idea that your race will decide your morality sickens me to the core.

The race doesn't determine morality, but culture does. Shin'hare, being of one culture, share similar values. The need to project your own morality to them is somewhat flawed in principle.

HyenaNipples
10-15-2013, 02:49 PM

The race doesn't determine morality, but culture does. Shin'hare, being of one culture, share similar values. Sacrifice is simply regarded differently, as is the value of individual life. The need to project our morality onto them is somewhat flawed in principle.

RCDv57
10-15-2013, 09:58 PM
The race doesn't determine morality, but culture does. Shin'hare, being of one culture, share similar values. Sacrifice is simply regarded differently, as is the value of individual life. The need to project our morality onto them is somewhat flawed in principle.

Thanks for backing me up. I was worried that I might be alone in my opinion here.
That said, I was far from being contructive with my critisims, and I regret that.
It is a nice story, I just don't see anything like that happening all known shin'hare cultures.
Cory has hinted that there might be other less savage shinhares in the world.
However, at this point in time the story seems to fit into the orcs theme a bit better.

As for the card specs, I'm no expert, but it seems a bit too powerful for the cost.