PDA

View Full Version : [HexTCGPro] Deck Garage - Swarming with Shin'hare

jtatta
09-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Today on HexTCGPro, John continues his deck garage series with a Shin'hare aggro deck. Check it out!

http://hextcgpro.com/?p=1212

Thanks for reading and we hope that you're as excited as we are for alpha access in just a few weeks!

Kroan
09-16-2013, 10:57 AM
What I was wondering; does it feel weird to talk about yourself in the third person? :P

If you do, replacing a two power (or more) Troop with another two power troop is pretty awesome and what we want. Battle Hopper is a 0/1, so it's not really replacing a troop with another troop with the same stats. (not sure if I read into something here that you didn't mean tho)

I'm personally not a huge fan of the Rune Ear Commander, which can be blocked and killed by pretty much anything Other than that the deck looks decent, but def. needs some more cards to help it push through to become viable. I love the idea behind the deck, so hopefully we'll see some more support in the cards that are yet unspoiled.

Thanks for the article!

Icepick
09-16-2013, 12:12 PM
I was going to say this was a good article, but you badmouthed the Mushwocky, so I'm forced to label it the worst article ever :P
Seriously though, it's good stuff, but I agree with Kroan that you might want something to strike the finishing blow, so to speak.

tilde
09-16-2013, 12:45 PM
I think you dismissed wild growth too quickly. It's either 1 resource and one card for 4 dmg to the opposing champion or 1 resource removal for anything up to 5 toughness.

However, the final composition of your deck seems pretty solid. Is there a link to it on the tcgbrowser builder?

jtatta
09-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Not sure if you noticed but nearly all of our Troops have one toughness. Using the argument "can be blocked and killed by anything" can be said for every single Troop in the deck. The fact still remains that we're an aggressive deck and should act like so. Another option at the 1-cost spot could be just playing 4x Blood Bearer and then 3 of something else but I personally prefer the six one-drop approach.

As for a finisher in the deck, yeah, it'd be nice to have one. If the deck ends up having issues closing out an opponent, it might be worth it to play the 2x Blood Aura / 1x Wild Aura package. That said, the deck has a lot of inevitability in the form of Command Tower with Wretched Brood.

The third person thing is just a habit. I like to assume that we're building the deck together so I use "we" and "us" a lot. :p

jtatta
09-16-2013, 12:50 PM
I think you dismissed wild growth too quickly. It's either 1 resource and one card for 4 dmg to the opposing champion or 1 resource removal for anything up to 5 toughness.

However, the final composition of your deck seems pretty solid. Is there a link to it on the tcgbrowser builder?

No, I didn't build it in any of the deck builders from the various fan sites. Shouldn't be too hard to do though. :)

I don't really care for cards that are just one-shot effects for a turn. In a deck like this, a lava axe type card (just free damage to the face, essentially) isn't really what I'm looking for. I probably should've explained better than simply dismissing it but I don't care for it much; I'd rather just play Blood Aura.

Kroan
09-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Not sure if you noticed but nearly all of our Troops have one toughness. Using the argument "can be blocked and killed by anything" can be said for every single Troop in the deck. The fact still remains that we're an aggressive deck and should act like so. Another option at the 1-cost spot could be just playing 4x Blood Bearer and then 3 of something else but I personally prefer the six one-drop approach. I'm not sure that the fact that the rest of the troop are x/1 makes a strong case to include Rune Ear Commander. I agree he's the best we have right now, I just wanted to point out that I don't like the card at all and would love to replace it with something else as soon as possible

When it comes to finisher. I didn't mean a finisher as in a big creature, but more in the sense of the deck def. needs some cards to replace the "fillers" to become a viable choice. Which is basically in agreement with your conclusion in the article itself :)

jtatta
09-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Well sure I don't want to write victory songs about the guy. I'd really just like a 2/1 that does something a little relevant instead of him but the point remains that we want X number of 1-cost cards and I played X of the best ones available. I certainly agree that something better would be ideal.

Thanks for the feedback!

HyenaNipples
09-16-2013, 03:05 PM
I assumed it was the royal "we."

;p

Slish
09-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Good read. I agree with most.
But I think it was rather funny, you badmouthed mushwocky, main reason being it has no evasion (which is a good reason).
Then a little further you write in Blood Aura description that there are not really any troops to use it on...

I think blood aura mushwocky combo can be very good used as a (finisher) combo?
Or is that a bad thought?

Kroan
09-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Cards that are bad on their own are most of the time not a good choice.

tilde
09-17-2013, 07:24 AM
I don't really care for cards that are just one-shot effects for a turn. In a deck like this, a lava axe type card (just free damage to the face, essentially) isn't really what I'm looking for. I probably should've explained better than simply dismissing it but I don't care for it much; I'd rather just play Blood Aura.

In this deck 4 damage to the face is a worst case scenario, it's more important as removal(which Lava Axe can't do). You only have 2 murders in the deck which become useless against a no troop style deck. Regardless, I'm not really trying to convince you to main board it. You didn't explicitly define a sideboard and only mentioned more murders as something you'd put in your sideboard. I think murder is right mainboard choice if you're only running one removal spell. But I would also put wild growth in there,