PDA

View Full Version : Game Mode

Thaumasios
09-16-2013, 12:17 PM
There will be a random game mode that does not cost money or booster, only for play with friends or casual players?
To play just for fun or to test my decks.

Thank's in advance! :)

Aradon
09-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Casual games definitely will be free and unlimited. You'll always be able to play for fun. You'll only need platinum to play in tournaments, to compensate for their prize support.

Shadowelf
09-16-2013, 12:23 PM
There will be casual games where you can play with friends and you can even set the timer at any lenght or disable it if for example you want to teach a friend

You'll be able to set timer length (or not have one) in casual 1v1 games.

Thaumasios
09-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Wonderful!
Thank you guys!!!
See you in game! :)

Mindless
09-16-2013, 01:46 PM
I want a game mode that is sealed deck but for free :/ that would be awesome for me (no need to spare cards afterwards, just for the play). I realize that this might never see the day however :(. I would suggest that the game could have a minimum limit of say XX % of all cards and that it then creates temporary booster packs to simulate sealed deck play but I doubt that this will ever see the light.

On topic: Yes there will be modes that are free but as far as I know that is only constructed format and PVE.

ramseytheory
09-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Just to be clear: the casual mode still requires you to own the cards you're using in your deck! (They are implementing a sort of guild deck bank for games among guild-mates, though.)

jetah
09-16-2013, 05:21 PM
I want a game mode that is sealed deck but for free :/ that would be awesome for me (no need to spare cards afterwards, just for the play). I realize that this might never see the day however :(. I would suggest that the game could have a minimum limit of say XX % of all cards and that it then creates temporary booster packs to simulate sealed deck play but I doubt that this will ever see the light.

On topic: Yes there will be modes that are free but as far as I know that is only constructed format and PVE.

Join a guild! the guild bank (or w/e it'll be called) can have prebuilt decks by other guildies that you can 'borrow'. it'll still belong to the guild but you're free to use it.

also the slacker backer isnt a bad price for the stuff it gives.

TheKraken
09-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Alpha access from slacker backer is very valuable.

But yea - you'll be able to playtest your cards with others for free as well as use guild bank cards to playtest.

Mindless
09-17-2013, 12:39 AM
Join a guild! the guild bank (or w/e it'll be called) can have prebuilt decks by other guildies that you can 'borrow'. it'll still belong to the guild but you're free to use it.

also the slacker backer isnt a bad price for the stuff it gives.

Not the same :/ Also I've already joined a guild ;) I guess this is as close as I will get.

Ofiach
09-17-2013, 01:04 AM
@mindless are you talking about like in fallen worlds where you can play "sealed deck" games where the deck is a random one or two race deck? I guess in the case of HEX it would be 1-2 shard decks.

If so I haven't found any game type like this but I think it would be fun. Especially with 350 cards you can get some wonky combos that can lead you to thinking of new deck builds.

Mindless
09-17-2013, 05:04 AM
@mindless are you talking about like in fallen worlds where you can play "sealed deck" games where the deck is a random one or two race deck? I guess in the case of HEX it would be 1-2 shard decks.

If so I haven't found any game type like this but I think it would be fun. Especially with 350 cards you can get some wonky combos that can lead you to thinking of new deck builds.

I have not played fallen worlds. What I mean is simply that i want to play a random mode like you have in starcraft, warcraft and general strategy games. I want a mode that you have to make work rather than plan to make work ;) if you get my point.

vickrpg
09-17-2013, 07:11 AM
Phantom drafts and Phantom sealed would be awesome for casual, IMO, but a poor business model.

I hope they implement them anyway.

"Phantom" cards are cards that you don't get to keep after the game.
So it would be fake boosters, you make decks, use them and they go away after the game.

I suppose it could be neat to have a popup or something say "Hey, you just played with fake cards. wanna pay the price of the boosters to keep it?" or something.

wererat
09-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Couldn't you just get 3-4 packs, and your friend get 3-4 packs, then play each other with the decks made from those packs?

Shadowelf
09-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Phantom drafts and Phantom sealed would be awesome for casual, IMO, but a poor business model.

I hope they implement them anyway.

"Phantom" cards are cards that you don't get to keep after the game.
So it would be fake boosters, you make decks, use them and they go away after the game.

Phantom drafts will be in as a feature aiming to teach how to draft (http://www.twitch.tv/weekingeek/b/413067790 check 0:37:44)

Couldn't you just get 3-4 packs, and your friend get 3-4 packs, then play each other with the decks made from those packs?

Yeap i think this will be possible since they allow casual play; you both buy packs, make decks and play as much as you want

Thaumasios
09-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Phantom drafts will be in as a feature aiming to teach how to draft (http://www.twitch.tv/weekingeek/b/413067790 check 0:37:44)

Yeap i think this will be possible since they allow casual play; you both buy packs, make decks and play as much as you want

Good to know!

Mindless
09-18-2013, 01:09 AM

But that is only how to draft (pick cards i think they mean) and not any play with drafted?

Shadowelf
09-18-2013, 02:08 AM
But that is only how to draft (pick cards i think they mean) and not any play with drafted?

Hmm if you listen up to 0:38:50 it says 'play against the AI' and 'jump in to a free draft'. So i'm under the impression that you actually got to play. Also you won't learn anything by randomly picking cards out of boosters; you will learn by winning with the deck you drafted, so that you will know whether you made the right choices or not.

Motjida
09-18-2013, 03:41 AM
I suppose it could be neat to have a popup or something say "Hey, you just played with fake cards. wanna pay the price of the boosters to keep it?" or something.

Bad idea, by allowing that you're making it super easy to phantom draft until you get the cards you want and then pay.