PDA

View Full Version : Alpha/Beta Keys

Lidralyn
09-17-2013, 07:51 AM
I was reading another post and this brought up an interesting question to me. I used multiple kick starter accounts to get multiple pledges, also I used PayPal to get multiple pledges. So I have 5 total pledges and 3 different emails, plus 2 more PayPal payments using one of the previous addresses.

Will I get 5 different alpha/beta keys to make accounts with? The bigger issue is, if I make separate accounts then will I not be able to merge them later? Or do people speculate they will merge the accounts now? One of the accounts I will for sure be giving to a friend since I can only merge 4 accounts, but I would gladly let a couple of other friends use those extra keys if I could then merge them before Beta.

Any ideas? official word? Shadowelf?

Kami
09-17-2013, 07:53 AM
If you make separate accounts and use the keys provided, with the current information we have, you will not be able to merge them.

The keys are likely to be single-use for a single account.

Also note that there will be more Alpha details to come this Friday.

Lidralyn
09-17-2013, 08:06 AM
What is the official word on multiple accounts now? If I gave one account to a friend and we didn't have hardly any interaction, but then I kept one account with 3 accounts merged onto it, and then gave my wife an account that she basically just played once or twice a week to draft, then gave me all the cards as she won't ever play constructed or PvP. Would that be against the current rules we are expecting? I would NOT setup a VIP for her just to be safe...but I don't want to risk losing anything, so I want to be clear.

Thanks,

jimbeem
09-17-2013, 08:09 AM
pretty sure he just said you aren't merging any of your accounts based on what we know now.

Maphalux
09-17-2013, 08:17 AM
What is the official word on multiple accounts now? If I gave one account to a friend and we didn't have hardly any interaction, but then I kept one account with 3 accounts merged onto it, and then gave my wife an account that she basically just played once or twice a week to draft, then gave me all the cards as she won't ever play constructed or PvP. Would that be against the current rules we are expecting? I would NOT setup a VIP for her just to be safe...but I don't want to risk losing anything, so I want to be clear.

Thanks,

The way I understand it is that if you want to give a KS code to someone else to create an account for alpha/beta, you can. The account is not created until they register one and input the code. But, once they do this, that account is now theirs and they can't give it back to you because that would be account sharing which is against TOS. They can, however, give you all the KS goodies that came with the code besides the account bound stuff. They just can't create the account in their name and then give it back to you later.

The only trading situation that CZE will probably be watching closely for is VIP packs exchanging accounts on a regular basis to the same person. But as long as you aren't doing that, you should be fine.

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-17-2013, 08:38 AM
To clear things up, they've said that when the beta is approaching they'll let us know how we can merge some of our accounts, and that we certainly can merge our accounts. But if I remember correctly, that will be the only chance to do so.

Also keep in mind that it won't be beneficial to merge every account. For example, tiers like Pro Player and Collector are better left unmerged, in order to get extra free drafts. But a tiers like Raid Leader and Dungeon Crawler are good candidates for merging (to use myself as an example, I'm merging DC + RL, and keeping my Slacker Backer and Collector unmerged for 3 accounts total).

In regards to multiple accounts, they have no issue with multiple accounts, but you have to have a different credit card tied to each, and they don't want players getting VIP programs on multiple accounts even if they're using different CCs. I asked them during the KS if I could frequently trade items between accounts (at that point I was considering not merging DC and RL, so would need to trade between them a lot depending on what content I was running), and they told me it was fine, as long as I didn't have them both subbed to VIP.

Showsni
09-17-2013, 09:17 AM
All this account merging and not merging is going to be a real headache for Crypto at some point down the line, I'm sure... Thousands of e-mails saying stuff like "I want to keep these two accounts I backed seperate, but they both have VIP on them so could you merge the VIP programme to just one of them?" and so on...

Maphalux
09-17-2013, 09:22 AM
If someone has VIP programs on multiple accounts, such as the free 3 months for KS tiers, all they would have to do is not sign up for paid VIP after the free period on all but one account. No need to merge anything in that regard.

Tinuvas
09-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Also keep in mind that it won't be beneficial to merge every account. For example, tiers like Pro Player and Collector are better left unmerged, in order to get extra free drafts.

That's not exactly true. The 3 free drafts from the stretch goals won't merge, but Pro Player and Collector permanent bonus' will merge quite well. The free drafts are why CZE set up the 4 pledge-per-account limit in the first place.

ol4ever
09-17-2013, 09:49 AM
If someone has VIP programs on multiple accounts, such as the free 3 months for KS tiers, all they would have to do is not sign up for paid VIP after the free period on all but one account. No need to merge anything in that regard.

So I can keep like 3 slacker backer accounts separated and give all boosters from the 2 months VIP to one account? But after that I can only pay for the VIP program in 1 account?

Namiriel
09-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Wasn't the multiple VIPs something that would result in bans?

The_Wine_Gnat
09-17-2013, 10:01 AM
If anyone has too many accounts to handle, I'll gladly take one to help out my little old Slacker Backer. :D

Shadowelf
09-17-2013, 11:05 AM
1)Merging will only be allowed in a short window at the beginning of the game. There will be no merging allowed later on.
(http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26901)

2)Vip will stack in the case of KS

We will give you three VIP months per qualifying tier, so if you have 3 sets you will get 9 months
(http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=7)

3)But not in the case of Slacker backers

Thank you for your patience. We apologize for the length in response time.

1) You can combine the accounts, but the extra VIP membership does not stack.
2) There is no limit on the number of Slacker Backers you want to purchase.
3) See answer #1… the VIP membership does not stack. Meaning you would still only get 2 months of VIP membership if you purchased 3x Slacker Backer

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your continued support!

-Cryptozoic Team

Reason

We've also received a lot of questions from backers worried that players will game the system, opening multiple accounts to stack VIP Program booster packs. This program is intended to be one-per-player as a cool way to let our community access some packs at a discount and get some sweet bonus stuff. But, we do understand that there will always be a small percentage of players who are always looking to game the system. Members on our team have dealt with this within digital TCGs for years, tracking this specific type of activity. So, we're aware of this issue and have team members, as well as powerful analytical tools to determine when this is occurring. (update #7 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=8)

Thanks,

Accounts cannot be transferred! Against TOS.

Gwaer
09-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Backers will get redeemable codes that you can enter into the hex client for your rewards, so to merge your accounts you would enter in all your codes on one account. Voila merged.