PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in doing a streamers starter deck tournament?

MalleusIrato
09-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey I was sitting here contemplating what I'm gonna do on stream for day one of the Alpha besides press the play button more times then my body has room for. And I came up with the idea that a nice kinda way to show off all the streamers would be to have a tournament, and to keep it interesting / fair / silly. Each person can only enter with a starter deck, besides most of use walking into the thing probably have each and ever starter deck at launch of the game or if not honestly it's an excuse to play with them.

If people are interested feel free to post here and as we know more about the date the Alpha launches we can set up a time and bracket, and prize if we wanna have one. Either way can't wait for the alpha and hope everyone else is gonna have as much fun playing it as I intend to.

HyenaNipples
09-17-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't currently have the tech to stream, but I would love to be involved with the tournament!

Kami
09-17-2013, 02:42 PM
I don't mind trying if I can but no idea how you intend to do this. :)

Icepick
09-17-2013, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't mind taking part but I also lack any setup for streaming here. Also, are we even sure that there are going to be Starter decks in the alpha? Since we're just getting 4 copies of every card my assumption had been that there would just be a pile of cards with no specific premade decks.

Miyordon
09-17-2013, 03:48 PM
If we can get this going, count me in.

MythicFishmom
09-17-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm Down

Armies
09-17-2013, 05:25 PM
i'm down will be streaming this every day when it is available and might pick up some followers

MalleusIrato
09-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Two answer the two questions, firstly I also have little to no idea how I am going to swing this but I figure I'll work at it and hopefully figure it out.

Secondary answer I was under the impression there are going to be packs and what not for the alpha, they have said they are not wiping our data. Besides if there are not starter decks and we really have four copies of everything, then we just do a constructed tournament. Still logistics of this is going to be interesting, hopefully they have a spectate option, and if not it's just a cool little tournament we do using a website for brackets.

And if there are a bunch of people, or ever just a few people who wanna play and don't stream well I'm fine with letting them in anyways. Especially since I'm not sure what is going to be the prize outside of bragging rights.

funktion
09-17-2013, 07:38 PM
These types of wacky things are what I am all about, if it is organized and others promote it count me in.

funktion
09-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Another fun streamer idea would be a sealed deck dungeon race. Each person starts with x number of packs, everyone opens them and then race to complete a specific dungeon. I think there's some fun potential in stuff like this.

MythicFishmom
09-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Unless we do a streamer Gauntlet and have everyone build decks and do a tourney around that.
We'd have to limit the amount of types like 2 mono Ruby so that we don't have everyone playing one deck.
Just a thought

DisOrd3r
09-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Im in! :D can stream ^^

HyenaNipples
09-18-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't think there is any need to place a limit on mono-Ruby. The predicted popularity will spawn an equal number of decks designed to specifically counter mono-Ruby decks. Strangely enough, when Alpha hits, I think we will already be in a Metagame that has, or will be on the verge of evolving past simplistic aggro decks. This is because enough people believe it now, the theoretical metagame is having a tangible effect even before the release of the game.

MythicFishmom
09-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Mono ruby was an example but if everyone is cool with just running whatever they want then thats fine. I was just throwing it out here as an option

Kroan
09-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Tbh, everyone and their mother will be streaming alpha. This could just aswell be a "Hex Community" tournament :P

Alzorath
09-19-2013, 06:40 AM
I'll be streaming it, dunno about "day 1", but yea... if there's an event, throw me the dates/times and I'll try to come in and give a hand (While Hex will be a flagship series, I still have a responsibility to my non-flagships :P)

MalleusIrato
09-20-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm totally up for that as well, it was more an idea, got the Alpha information which is extremely interesting. We get essentially all the cards to play with which will be quite a bit of fun, so then a constructed tournament sounds just as good to me. Since the tentative release date for this is oct 8th I figure lets have the tentative tournament date be that weekend which works out to be the 11-13th. And how ever many people wanna jump in on it sounds good to me just figured there was only so many streamers might as well get some event going to help stir up some interest and some viewers.

PragmaticG
09-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Count me in I am up and running to stream so hit me up with more info as it is available. tnx and good Hexing!

Umaro
09-30-2013, 06:31 PM
I would happily research streaming to get in on this. This would be a lot of fun.

Nlarge
10-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Okay, so I don't mean to hijack this or anything but I was already working on a hex competitive team thing so I figured helping set this thing up would be a nice way to brush up on my "hosting" skills. I just made an extra page on my current website about it. Let me know what you guys think. Anything is available to be changed I just wanted to get a base line thing going and then work off of feedback from the community.

Link to the signups/Tournament information
http://hexteamleague.com/alpha-tournament.html

edit: Also, If anyone is trying to help out with this please don't hesitate to let me know. I could always use a hand!

HyenaNipples
10-04-2013, 04:46 AM
Hey, that website is a cool idea! I'm sure going to register once I for-sure have my in-game name.

MrSeriousBsns
10-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Yeah, that website is definitely a great idea! Can't wait for Alpha!

Nlarge
10-04-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm really glad to hear that you guys like the idea! Like I said it still a work in progress, obviously, but hopefully as the game develops I'll be able to grow it more and add more functionality.

As for having to wait for your user name, If you just register with the user name that you think you're going to get and it ends up being different you can just let me know and I can change your submission before it matters.

Icepick
10-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Cool idea - just one minor issue I have with it; a significant chunk of the playerbase is going to be outside of the US, and the only 3 timezones you have on there are US ones. Might be cool to replace it with a global timezone drop down.

MythicFishmom
10-04-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm really glad to hear that you guys like the idea! Like I said it still a work in progress, obviously, but hopefully as the game develops I'll be able to grow it more and add more functionality.

As for having to wait for your user name, If you just register with the user name that you think you're going to get and it ends up being different you can just let me know and I can change your submission before it matters.

Already Registered. So Pumped Man Awesome Job!

Nlarge
10-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Cool idea - just one minor issue I have with it; a significant chunk of the playerbase is going to be outside of the US, and the only 3 timezones you have on there are US ones. Might be cool to replace it with a global timezone drop down.

I will change this now, Originally I wasn't sure how scheduling would work with radically different time zones but I imagine that there is a way to get it done. Thanks for the advice!

funktion
10-05-2013, 05:20 PM
edit: Sorry mods, meant to post this in the other thread.