PDA

View Full Version : Beta testing Set 2

Soldack
09-20-2013, 09:05 AM
How do I apply to the test shard, or beta program for set 2?

Kami
09-20-2013, 09:06 AM
There's no information for this currently. There may not even be a test shard or beta program after the game is launched.

Test shards and beta programs would be a bit awkward as well since it would basically allow players to play paid components for free.

Xenavire
09-20-2013, 09:08 AM
I think there might be a chance that they will extend invitations to high level players from previous sets, to help test the balance of the upcoming sets. We are a long way off from that however.

zadies
09-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Given their track record with the wowtcg and needing to ban less then 10 cards for the life of the game I'm not really sure if they are going to be looking for outside balance help regardless.

Xenavire
09-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Given their track record with the wowtcg and needing to ban less then 10 cards for the life of the game I'm not really sure if they are going to be looking for outside balance help regardless.

Well, failing that, they might have sneak peek weekends, and if a broken combo emerges in that time they might just tweak it before the official release. But just because they didn't have to ban much in WoWTCG doesn't mean much - the systems are fairly different, and Hex might just end up with the odd degenerate combo now and then. Especially with whole PvE sets and AI cards to deal with... A lot of moving parts. They might just ask for help if they get to the point they are being overwhelmed.

Fleckenwhatever
09-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Well, failing that, they might have sneak peek weekends, and if a broken combo emerges in that time they might just tweak it before the official release. But just because they didn't have to ban much in WoWTCG doesn't mean much - the systems are fairly different, and Hex might just end up with the odd degenerate combo now and then. Especially with whole PvE sets and AI cards to deal with... A lot of moving parts. They might just ask for help if they get to the point they are being overwhelmed.

Didn't happen during the life of the WoW TCG. Doubt it'll happen here either.

Xenavire
09-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Didn't happen during the life of the WoW TCG. Doubt it'll happen here either.

Hex is a different animal. They may allow testing, not for the cards themselves, but for finding bugs in the client or in new game modes. Don't discount the possibility based on WoWTCG, as they are not the same, despite being from the same creators.

Daer
09-20-2013, 09:35 AM
I doubt we will be testing sets beyond Set 1. And I doubt we are really testing Set 1 anyway, mostly just the client.

Rendakor
09-20-2013, 09:41 AM
I could see them beta testing PVE content, but I don't expext any PVP testing after set 1.

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-20-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they wouldn't beta test future sets. But I'm no Shadowelf, so I don't keep my references tucked away in my back pocket.

Rieper
09-20-2013, 10:23 AM
No testing for normal players. Why do people always wanna ruin the fun part, so what if a powerful/OP card is release, some times that kinda fun of TCG´s. These test also gives a general unfair advantage if only for small amount of people.(exprience with new sets will always give a huge advantage in any pvp type, yes advantage will fade over time. But still)

Remeber when skullclamp hit in magic. I loved it.

ALSO even PvE should not be tested by users. This singlehandly has killed all the fun about raiding on wow and games onwards. Tactics was found before release, where the hell is fun in that. Blackwing lair is still my best memory of a raid, because we had some strange, yet amazing tactics only we used.

jetah
09-21-2013, 07:53 AM
R&D is both working on Set 2 development (a lot of late night pizza party booster drafts here at the office) and the PVE dungeon experience.

I assume all new Sets will be done in house.