PDA

View Full Version : NO PVE in ALFA?

Taurentipper
09-21-2013, 02:45 AM
why is there going to be no testing of PVE in alfa? the only reason i want this game is for the PVE side i have MTG for pvp.

Chiany
09-21-2013, 02:54 AM
There will be PVE in the Alpha, just not at the start.
new things will be added to the Alpha every week.

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-21-2013, 02:57 AM
Actually, I've heard nothing about PvE in alpha. While it would be cool, it was my understanding that we might get the PvE arena in beta, but possibly not at the start.

As for why? It's my understanding from a lot of the Gen Con and Pax chatter that the PvP side of Hex is farther ahead than the PvE side, so it's actually in a position where it's able to get released (to a degree - that is, with the alpha).

Pentregarth
09-21-2013, 02:59 AM
First look at the Entrath interactive globe

This might be interpreted as PvE, but I'd agree with you that we'll most likely not see much of the PvE side of HEX in the alpha.

Shadowelf
09-21-2013, 03:01 AM
What we know of Alpha so far

Features in the Alpha
- Make an account
- Full play set (4) of PVP cards
- Full deck building interface
- Make and Save decks
- Play single matches with other Alpha gamers
- Chat!
- First look at the Entrath interactive globe

update #47 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts

As Chiany said they will be incorporating new features up until beta; pve however is not confirmed of being among them

http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel/ check 0:36:05

keldrin
09-21-2013, 03:02 AM
Looking at what Cory said in the update, he did not mention that being in Alpha.
I think the whole adding of PVE might have been conjecture on the hex forums.
and in another thread earlier tonight Corry said this:

Guild names are later, that will be part of Beta / PVE launch

So, no, no PVE planned for alpha it seems.

ossuary
09-21-2013, 03:18 AM
If you look at the original kickstarter info, the only PVE that was planned before launch at all was an arena battle mode where you pitted your deck against various NPC opponents, and that was listed as a feature for the end of beta. So no, PVE was never planned to be available during alpha. The bulk of it will be coming at launch. Besides, if we got access to all of the PVE content earlier, then there would be nothing for us to do in PVE once the game actually came out.

Shadowelf
09-21-2013, 04:08 AM
As for why? It's my understanding from a lot of the Gen Con and Pax chatter that the PvP side of Hex is farther ahead than the PvE side, so it's actually in a position where it's able to get released (to a degree - that is, with the alpha).

Jax got it right; this is most probably the reason why pve won't be in Alpha. It's not yet finalized up to a point they feel it will be satisfying for their standards

As for the rest of the team, we're still doing things like putting new location panoramas into the client, finishing up the PVE art (both creating and upgrading pieces), and booking Set 2 pieces. We have a few pieces that came in this week, and we're really trying to both improve the art from an artistic quality standpoint and a composition standpoint. That means cleaning up the internal artist database and project management website.

(update #47 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

In addition confirmation that there won't be pve in Alpha

the update included the date for Alpha (barring unforeseen circumstance) and what the actual Alpha will provide in terms of playable content,
-cory

What will be in Alpha ?

Features in the Alpha
- Make an account
- Full play set (4) of PVP cards
- Full deck building interface
- Make and Save decks
- Play single matches with other Alpha gamers
- Chat!
- First look at the Entrath interactive globe

update #47 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts

keldrin
09-21-2013, 04:39 AM
If you look at the original kickstarter info, the only PVE that was planned before launch at all was an arena battle mode where you pitted your deck against various NPC opponents, and that was listed as a feature for the end of beta. So no, PVE was never planned to be available during alpha. The bulk of it will be coming at launch. Besides, if we got access to all of the PVE content earlier, then there would be nothing for us to do in PVE once the game actually came out.
Well, I'm guessing, from Cory's comment about when guild names will be available, that some PVE will come out in beta. But it might be minor, compared to what will be available at release. At least a little testing needs to be done before dumping it all at general release.

ossuary
09-21-2013, 05:28 AM
Yes, features will start to go in towards the end of beta. I was talking more about the content, as it would be a bad idea to let us play through all of the dungeon / raid content before the game was even out (as there would then be nothing left to play through that was fresh). I'm sure there will be testing of PVE-type features as they are implemented, in limited amounts.

zadies
09-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Plus why would you want to pve when it will just be wiped? I never understood the fascination other then attempting to plot courses for world firsts which I pray they don't implement.

keldrin
09-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Plus why would you want to pve when it will just be wiped? I never understood the fascination other then attempting to plot courses for world firsts which I pray they don't implement.
You could argue the same thing about playing PVP.
All you accomplish in PVP will just get wiped.
I guess that just leaves, playing and having fun.

OK, now that I've got the sarcasm out of the way. The really valid side of what you're saying, comes down to the fact we will have to farm these dungeons and raids many times to get the drops we want. So, I guess already being tired of them, might make the farming post last wipe, more of a chore, than it should have been.
So, no, I don't want all PVE available for me to play, but I do want a bit, to get a good taste of how things work, as soon as is reasonable.

Yubar
09-21-2013, 07:14 AM
You won't accomplish anything in pvp because we already have 4x of everything. So I def agree with zadies

Taurentipper
09-21-2013, 11:46 AM
I see what your all saying but this is supposed to be MMO so far all i see is 1v1 PVP and 1v1 PVE none of the MMO raids have been shown and are still not being talked about.

Rieper
09-21-2013, 12:33 PM
You won't accomplish anything in pvp because we already have 4x of everything. So I def agree with zadies

But you wrong big time. Being able to play with all cards for free, is maybe biggest advantage there is for pvp, anybody going for winning a pvp tournaments can soak up alot of nice exprience with set, that he can use for when tournament starts paying rewards out. So any pvp player that hope for making name in pvp part, there is nothing better then a alpha with all cards. Since you get exprience with set and limited people(if you going for famous youtube channel).

jetah
09-21-2013, 01:52 PM
I see what your all saying but this is supposed to be MMO so far all i see is 1v1 PVP and 1v1 PVE none of the MMO raids have been shown and are still not being talked about.

Raids will be 3v1.

the reason for PvP to be tested first is because CZE said it was closer to being complete. We'll get PvE in Alpha, just not at the beginning of it. We'll have ~4 months (my guestimate based on CZE) for Alpha.

Shadowelf
09-21-2013, 02:43 PM
the reason for PvP to be tested first is because CZE said it was closer to being complete. We'll get PvE in Alpha, just not at the beginning of it. We'll have ~4 months (my guestimate based on CZE) for Alpha.

I don't think we will have pve in Alpha;

Guild names are later, that will be part of Beta / PVE launch

check also my post #8 for further explanation

Xtopher
09-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Plan on no PVE in alpha. If it does show up at some point, consider it a bonus.

Corpselocker
09-22-2013, 03:48 PM
I am truly excited about the game, but it seems that they are still providing early access way, way ahead of when they were talking about releasing the game. I want to see PvE, but I'll take what I can get. This is one of the few Kickstarters that hasn't gone off of the rails breaking every expected delivery date and I am super happy I backed in the financially damaging way that I did.