PDA

View Full Version : Just curious: why most people dont want anymore (common) cards spoiled?

Slish
09-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Hello,

Since my other post clearly showed nobody wanted more spoilers (cards).
And since most people also said they dont have to explain their reasons, since 'its a poll/petition'.

Maybe I have stated my post wrong.

Anyways, I'm sincerely interested why most people don't want any more cards spoiled. :)

1 argument has been given often already; "let them focus on more important things".
I do not really understand that reason, since spoiling cards takes like 30min tops (since it's just creating an article), or am I wrong here?

jetah
09-21-2013, 09:21 AM
I dont care either way. i guess people dont want to know what the cards are before playing the alpha.

Grumph
09-21-2013, 09:35 AM
I think use of the word petition was probably a turn off. People usually petition for important causes, not for getting something a few weeks ahead of schedule. I personally dont care about cards being spoiled, would much rather have some pve info, more class tree previewa or maybe a few of the mercenaries

ol4ever
09-21-2013, 09:40 AM
I think spoiling cards is not good because:
I prefer to see them in game
Even if its just 30 minutes, it's better to invest those 30 min working in the game
And also, once they spoil a card they can't make changes to it anymore, so if they are still testing the set 1 they could make balance changes before release to later have to ban less cards

Xenavire
09-21-2013, 09:56 AM
I think spoiling cards is not good because:
I prefer to see them in game
Even if its just 30 minutes, it's better to invest those 30 min working in the game
And also, once they spoil a card they can't make changes to it anymore, so if they are still testing the set 1 they could make balance changes before release to later have to ban less cards

I think a few spoiled cards have seen changes, so I doubt that is a good reason. But spoiled cards are very hard to move between sets, so any they are unsure of are likely best to keep under wraps.

Mr.Funsocks
09-21-2013, 10:02 AM
I think use of the word petition was probably a turn off.

Basically that. Anyone who starts a thread on a video game forum that is titled "Petition: " immediately goes on my list of "People it's not very important to listen to."

SuperPueppi
09-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, I didn't see/follow that other thread, but actually I would like more cards spoiled. In fact I would actually like to have the full card list, even if some of them are going to change - cause that would give me a valid basis to create decks from, and then with Alpha starting, directly jump into actually playing rather then going through the whole deck construction process first.

Admittedly with the step-by-step inflow to Alpha we will have full card lists before getting into alpha, but in lieu of anything else to do until then (i.e. hex-related) I would like to start with coming up with deck ideas now.

malloc31
09-21-2013, 11:39 AM
I agree I would love to see the rest of the cards spoiled so at least while I am waiting I can make decks. I understand the cards can change and I am fine with that. I do not even need any kind of article written or even care about the art. Just a text list with the cards and each card's text would be fine; and I can't believe that would take too long to do.

Shadowelf
09-21-2013, 11:53 AM
And they wanted nothing more than revealing them; but they had other plans for their spoilers

Creator Cryptozoic Entertainment about 22 hours ago
Tyler - Thank you. We as a team really wanted the entire set to be available to our backers-- our biggest and earliest supporters-- and I think it's awesome that we were able to focus our efforts make that happen.
Eric - I'm planning to give a handful of exclusive previews to fan-run HEX websites and introduce them to the process of previewing new sets to their community, so no full spoiler yet.
Andy - Thank you!

keldrin
09-22-2013, 03:40 AM
AS for me, I have enjoyed the cards they have shown. It helps getting a idea of things and how they work.
What floored me, was people complaining that they wanted something more than card spoiling in the updates. I mean... a TCG. How much more to the point can you get than showing one of the up coming cards?

RanaDunes
09-23-2013, 03:13 AM
AS for me, I have enjoyed the cards they have shown. It helps getting a idea of things and how they work.
What floored me, was people complaining that they wanted something more than card spoiling in the updates. I mean... a TCG. How much more to the point can you get than showing one of the up coming cards?

More information about PvE campaigns?
More information about Guild Tools?
More information about the AH?
More information about Deck Builder?

Just to name a few.

Ogodei
09-23-2013, 05:33 AM
More information about PvE campaigns?
More information about Guild Tools?
More information about the AH?
More information about Deck Builder?

Just to name a few.

Exactly. For months we have mostly seen cards and 1v1 matches and by coincidence that's basically all that we will get in Alpha.

I know that it's the heart of the game, but would find it kinda reassuring if they would show off some of all the other features they have promised. I am beginning to get a little worried if they can actually pull this off and if they made much progress since the kickstarter.

zadies
09-23-2013, 07:01 AM
I really think the deck builder is finished just that no one bothered to ask about it at the dragoncon panels afterward the ai guy talked about it for like 15 mins.

As to guild functions the fact is given the response on the forums they are probably going through multiple iterations given they originally weren't going to have pve guilds and PvP teams. Seems that was due to people saying they wanted to subset their PvP experience so guild rank 1 people couldn't see their decks.

Given the amount of discussion on the ah I personally wouldn't say anything about it just leads to theory crafting on how/why it should be changed. Sure once we see it operational there will still be comments but they will be I wish they had done x instead of well it isn't done yet listen to me and do x because its better then anything you thought of.

They spoiled a lot about the pve campaign at dragoncon not sure what else you could want other then to see the ai in action.

keldrin
09-26-2013, 12:39 AM
They could give us more, on the various stuff they are working on. But stuff that is still in a state of change, telling us about it, then it being different causes a backlash.
So, they primarily are presenting the content that is further along in development, and close to final stage, and will likely see little change moving forward.

Skirovik
09-26-2013, 02:03 AM
To put it simply, I just want to see more cards.

I really enjoy looking at the spoiled cards and their equipment. Makes it all that much easier to swallow a delayed Alpha/Beta/Release when I get to check out new things. It's like getting my Hex kick without even playing. :)

keldrin
09-26-2013, 02:20 AM
To put it simply, I just want to see more cards.

I really enjoy looking at the spoiled cards and their equipment. Makes it all that much easier to swallow a delayed Alpha/Beta/Release when I get to check out new things. It's like getting my Hex kick without even playing. :)
That's a valid point, and each new card spoiled, makes the next more interesting, as we get to reexamine the existing spoiled card to look for synergies.