PDA

View Full Version : Control Their Every Move (Sapphire/Ruby Deck)

DAkoDread
09-25-2013, 04:22 AM
Sapphire:
Creatures:
Thunderbird x4
Cerulean Mirror Knight x4
Buccaneer x4
Phoenix Guard Trainer x2
Cloud Titan x2

Spells:
Oracle Song x2

Ruby:
Creatures:
Lord Alexander The Courageous x1
Ruby Pyromancer x4

Spells:
Burn x4
Burn to the Ground x4

Artifacts:
Charge Bot x4

14 Sapphire Resources
11 Ruby Resources

The point of this deck is to control every move of the game starting from the beginning. All of the cards have great synergy and work and correspond to each other making it a very controlled, and fast rush deck.

Daer
09-25-2013, 07:32 AM
What about the other 10 cards?

DAkoDread
09-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Wasnt sure if it was 60 cards for a deck. Yeah I had backups for it gimme a moment

Daer
09-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah constructed decks are 60 cards minimum.

Karokoram
09-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Nothing wrong with the deck, but I would encourage you to refrain from using the word Control, since it is a long established type of deck that is in fact very different from what you have here, which would probably be considered somewhere between aggro and mid range.

Armies
09-29-2013, 04:34 AM
I am not sure cloud titan is very good for your deck, It would seem to me that something like menacing gralk while a smaller body it fits the play of your deck better.

SuperPueppi
09-30-2013, 02:09 AM
I think it's doing a bit too many things - you're mixing card advantage with rush elements and also direct damage, with the main focus however being about inspiring (assuming you will rather use the burn to the ground on your opponent than on his creatures?)

This deck will probably be enjoyable to play (even though not necessarily winning too much against more focussed decks) as each of your games will turn out a bit different. Which might be after all what you want.

If you want to get a more competitive deck, wait for the final card list and decide on one or two ways to win and then focus on them, adding a second colour only for overwhelmingly powerful synergies or to nullify your main colour's weakness. The primary focus of the deck is currently about pumping up creatures to do direct damage. You could think about using blood as a secondary colour as it is also having creature removal, but better creature pumping and evasion creatures than red. Or you could of course go for wild, the mother of pumping up creatures, although creature removal is more about connecting with creatures then. Or Diamond too really make a point about inspiring.

Just from the decklist I would mention:
Cerulean Mirror Knight might not turn out to be as effective as you have a lot of creatures that don't have built-in evade. actually only 6 and the 4 Falcons will always be easy to be shot down.

Also you might want to drop card advantage altogether and rather add ways to protect your fighting creatures (most of your creatures are rather aiding others than being your front line in combat), e.g. counterspells.

Charge bot really depends on the champion you chose, Feather drifting downriver might actually be a good choice for this deck - and he would even make the phoenix guard trainer irrelevant to give you room for another card.

Buccaneer - this card is mostly for a rush deck, as it effectively delays your opponent by one turn. The rest of the deck isn't strong enough on rushing, so you might actually rather want a card that is getting rid of a threat for good, instead of seeing it back on the table the next turn.

bangari
10-09-2013, 06:15 AM
How does this deck remotely control anything in any sense of the word? What part of the game are you controlling?

It looks to be just a bunch of creatures without an actual focused synergy. It kinda works as an aggro, except there are a bunch of non aggro elements slowing it down. The card draw mechanics and charge bot is pretty much entirely irrelevant and just makes the deck less focused.