PDA

View Full Version : Question: Chronic Madness & Vampire King

The_Wine_Gnat
09-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Vampire King: Flight. When an opposing troop dies, if this troop is in play, transform that troop into a Vampire and put it into play under your control.

Chronic Madness: Target champion buries the top three cards of their deck. Escalation, etc etc etc.

My question is this. If I have a Vampire King in play, then I play Chronic Madness and some of the cards the opposing champion has to bury are troops, does that count them as dying since they do go to the "graveyard"? If it does, I'm assuming those troops then transform into Vampires and come do my bidding. Correct?

Malakili
09-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Unlikely. Dies usually means was in play, and then.. died.

houjix
09-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Dies will probably have the specific meaning of going from play to graveyard. Anything buried from the top of deck or dscarded from hand would not qualify.

chromus
09-26-2013, 01:42 PM
In MTG, dying means going from PLAY to graveyard. I can only assume the same applies to this game. If so, the answer is No, those cards will not come into play as Vampires under your control.

houjix
09-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Additionally, unless the wording gets changed, dies and destroyed may have two different meanings as well. The vampire says" Dies" which may involve fatal damage. A card like Murder uses the term "destroy".

MoikPEI
09-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Sounds like something to test in Alpha.

HyenaNipples
09-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Convention asserts that "destroy" causes "dies".

They are not technically synonyms within Magic: The Gathering.