PDA

View Full Version : Alpha and You

Shaqattaq
09-27-2013, 11:54 AM
We know many of you are downright giddy for the impending release of the HEX: Shards of Fate Alpha, and we are equally excited to have you all experience the world of HEX for the first time. Before you dive in, though, you have an important decision to make, one that will affect your entire HEX experience: the name of your Keep.

But before we get to that, letís talk about what you can expect when you first log in. Hereís the flow of what youíll see, and what you should be paying careful attention to as you create your in-game identity!

http://hextcg.com/alpha-and-you/

hammer
09-27-2013, 11:59 AM
WOW so exited - assume dragonlord and primal in that first wave?

Westane
09-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Regarding that last bit about pledges going out in waves. Does that mean that us slacker backers shouldn't be planning on playing on the 8th, or is that something else entirely? I'm not worried about not being able to play that day... just need to know when this cough I have building up needs to turn into the flu... or... something...

Malakili
09-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Is there information yet about how we can merge different Kickstarter pledges made under different e-mails?

DrakarT
09-27-2013, 12:02 PM
hmm.. what if i got some Slacker Backer for my friends?? are the SB bounded already with my e-mail??? D:

JimTheEternal
09-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Has anything been posted about computer specs? Is the alpha going to be PC only, or will there be a mac client?

Corpselocker
09-27-2013, 12:07 PM
My hero? Corpselocker of Corpselocker.

Chiany
09-27-2013, 12:09 PM
I like the information about the Keep, was hoping we would get to choose a name for our Keep and our Chatname seperately.

Example: I would like my Chat name to be Chiany, since that is the name I use here and on our Guild Forum. However, I'd prefer my Keepname to be something else, which now isn't possible.

Would like to get to see this changed, but for the rest, I really like this update!!!

Livewire
09-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Btw your image showing keep names "Blinkman of Celendor" and "how it looks in chat - 'Celindor'" are different.
CelEndor - CelIndor , may want to edit that :P

Especially as its on the front page of the HEX site now :)

Daer
09-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Daer of Daer

DocX
09-27-2013, 12:18 PM
What, if any, restrictions are there on the composition of a Keep name? Can it contain spaces (eg. "The Northern Wastes")? Is there a character limit (eg. "This place around the way that you might know, but probably haven't been to before but would really like it if you went there")? Are CamelCase names allowed or MiXeDcApItAlIzAtIoN (eg. "TheNorthernWastes" or "LaNdOfNoD")? How about punctuation (eg. "SURPRISELAND!!!!")? Or "leet" speak (eg. "1@nd0F1337")?

Just curious what the constraints will be on the creativity behind making Keep Names.

Jugan
09-27-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't quite understand the following line:

For those of you with multiple pledges all tied to the same email, you’ll receive invites something like “YOURNAME@EMAIL.COM” and then “YOURNAME1@EMAIL.COM.” Our plan for releasing pledges has the Grand Kings and Producers hitting the servers first, and we’ll plan our waves around how the servers handle that load and steps we need to take in order to prepare for the next wave.

Our main email will randomly receive an invite? Will we merge after alpha? Can you talk more about that process? I have a Grand King tier and a few other tiers I want to combine, and I don't quite understand what's going on here.

Malakili
09-27-2013, 12:22 PM
I don't love the way Keep names are displayed. X of Malakili is lame. I could like with X of House Malakili or something though. Given that the Keep name is your chat name, it strikes me that a lot of names people want for chat are going to sound supremely silly with presented as X of Y.

Chiany
09-27-2013, 12:22 PM

Our main email will randomly receive an invite? Will we merge after alpha? Can you talk more about that process? I have a Grand King tier and a few other tiers I want to combine, and I don't quite understand what's going on here.

I don't understand this part either, I was blaming myself because English isn't my native language.
I probably doesn't apply to me, since I used different mailaddresses for each pledge.

Kami
09-27-2013, 12:23 PM
For those of us with multi-pledges, should we not create multiple keeps?
For those that multi-pledged and received multiple invites, will this affect mergers?
So if our online alias is known as XYZ, we should name our keep XYZ instead of naming the champion XYZ, yes? (But wouldn't it be awkward to have XYZ of XYZ as a champion?)
I'm a bit lost as to what name they see in chat. Do they see the Keep name or the Champion name?
Will the friends and/or guild list reference the Keep name or the Champion of Keep name? (i.e. depth of contact, will I need to add each Champion or just a Keep?)
Will there be an option to change Keep names in the future provided the name is still available?
Will there be a cycle period for inactive Keep names?
What are the character restrictions on Keep and Champion names? (i.e. length, alphanumeric, symbols, etc.)
What are the system requirements (including bandwidth usage and hard drive space usage)?
Are there graphical and audio options built-in to the game currently? (i.e. fullscreen, windowed, borderless windowed-fullscreen, resolution, AA, AF, music volume, SFX volume, etc.)

MoikPEI
Second for needing to know about spaces. Single name keep names are challenging, and feel kinda boring to me.

Daer

It seems as though our login names are automatically set to the email our pledges were tied to. So in the case of having multiple pledges going to the same email the login names would be:

yourname@email.com
yourname1@email.com
yourname2@email.com
etc.

Livewire
09-27-2013, 12:26 PM

Yea this is confusing because if say your email was "JohnDoe@fakemail.com" and you sent an email to "JohnDoe1@fakemail.com" That isn't going to get to me...thats some other person. I can only assume that you mean multiple pledged people will have to make multiple accounts, then tie/merge them all to a Master account (say the forum account) at some point?

But it sounds like your account name is already created (its your email) and that you are just adding numbers to it when people have multiple pledges, which brings me back to my first point, that you are going to hit someone else's real e-mail address doing that.

This worries me because it creates potential accidental 'i got hacked' situations. Example being that if you requested a password reset on your JohnDoe1@fakemail.com, who gets the reset email, JohnDoe@fakemail.com (me?) or a random stranger who owns JohnDoe1@fakemail.com (and subsequently now has access to my account).

Svenn
09-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Are the account names the email addresses? Can these be changed? I pledged 3 times with 2 different email addresses, and 2 of those accounts are going to other people (my girlfriend and a good friend) and the one I am going to use is tied to a different email than my normal one. I don't want other people logging in with my email address. I want these to be fully under their control once they are set up, and tied to their email addresses.

Also, is there any way to change the display name in chat/friends list or something? I am known as Svenn to a lot of people I'll be playing with, but "Lord of Svenn" just isn't right... and picking another display name just seems wrong. :(

Malakili
09-27-2013, 12:27 PM
It seems as though our login names are automatically set to the email our pledges were tied to. So in the case of having multiple pledges going to the same email the login names would be:

yourname@email.com
yourname1@email.com
yourname2@email.com
etc.

But it was stated long ago that we will have the opportunity to merge multiple kickstarter pledge levels into one account so we can keep everything in one place. This is what I, and others, are asking about. I want everything under one login in the end, and they said it would be possible.

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Should try to have it where you can't name yourself after champions so we don't see silly things like:

Dimmid of Dimmid, etc.

Xenavire
09-27-2013, 12:29 PM
I would make backup plans for keep names just in case there are no spaces - all of the examples shown were a single name, no spaces, so sadly it seems, for now, to be limited.

Hopefully that was only an oversight though.

Malakili
09-27-2013, 12:29 PM
Oh, another question. The game is supposedly for Mac, PC and tablet. I understand that tablet is a release feature, but will we be able to alpha test on OSX and/or Windows?

luluthegreat
09-27-2013, 12:32 PM
How many characters are we allowed for our keep name?

Nargash
09-27-2013, 12:32 PM
hello all i will be happy to play the 8 october !!! i'm ready to fight :D

Zuflus
09-27-2013, 12:34 PM
found the answer to my question. Happy Hexing

Hibbert
09-27-2013, 12:38 PM
I multi-pledged with the intention of merging my tiers except for one, which is going to a friend. Will each set of login information I receive be clearly labeled with the tier it corresponds to?

In general, some account merging information would be handy, even if CZE still intends to do that later on down the road.

OP_Kyle
09-27-2013, 12:40 PM
But it was stated long ago that we will have the opportunity to merge multiple kickstarter pledge levels into one account so we can keep everything in one place. This is what I, and others, are asking about. I want everything under one login in the end, and they said it would be possible.

This is just for Alpha (when you can't buy things and don't get your KS rewards other than the Alpha invite), when we get to Beta the merging of accounts will be available.

Hope this helps

Malakili
09-27-2013, 12:41 PM
This is just for Alpha (when you can't buy things and don't get your KS rewards other than the Alpha invite), when we get to Beta the merging of accounts will be available.

Hope this helps

Ok, that's fine. Thanks for the response.

Shaqattaq
09-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Sorry about any confusion. When creating your account name, you should think of it as naming your Lord or Lady. Like a surname. Not necessarily naming a building.

As far as Kickstarter rewards and merging accounts, that'll happen when we go open Beta. The current system is only for alpha, and we are using the emails provided to us by Kickstarter.

In PVP, if your Lord or Lady is named "ERIC" it'll be CHAMPION NAME of ERIC. So, Gozzog of Eric will appear if you choose the Necrotic Warrior PVP Champion.

For those of you with multiple pledges, this is just for alpha, but you should use one of those pledges to create the Lord or Lady name you desire.

For Chat, you'll see the Lord or Lady name.

hammer
09-27-2013, 12:42 PM

Hope this helps

Do we keep the keepname though alpha, beta and relase then??

Hibbert
09-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Whoops, I forgot another important question. How will my friend change the email associated with the account to his email address? Will he just be logging in with myaddresss3@myemail.com for the duration of the alpha, until a more complete account management system is put into place?

hammer
Sorry about any confusion. When creating your account name, you should think of it as naming your Lord or Lady. Like a surname. Not necessarily naming a building.

As far as Kickstarter rewards and merging accounts, that'll happen when we go open Beta. The current system is only for alpha, and we are using the emails provided to us by Kickstarter.

In PVP, if your Lord or Lady is named "ERIC" it'll be CHAMPION NAME of ERIC. So, Gozzog of Eric will appear if you choose the Necrotic Warrior PVP Champion.

For those of you with multiple pledges, this is just for alpha, but you should use one of those pledges to create the Lord or Lady name you desire.

If I have two account but do not want to merge them can I go ahead and register both pledges and create two separate Lord of Lady names of my desire?

Svenn

That's just... awkward. Either we have to go by a last name so it makes sense or we end up with "Gozzog of Eric" which just sounds weird. :-/

Rycajo
09-27-2013, 12:45 PM

Hope this helps

This is kind and generous. Am I correct in thinking this means multi-pledgers may setup multiple accounts (possibly to give friends a chance to try before buying), but when in-game rewards are divvied out the rewards may still be combined?

Jbizzi
09-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Please allow spaces for your Keep name: "Old Kingsshire" for example

Thanks that is all.

RCDv57
09-27-2013, 12:50 PM
I really Like the naming scheme.
But yeah spaces would very cool, it would allow for some really cool and creative names to show up.

Gwaer
09-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Can our keep names be multiple words?

Daer
09-27-2013, 01:01 PM
They answered in the Kickstarter Update comments that spaces aren't allowed.

Ogodei
09-27-2013, 01:04 PM
That's just... awkward. Either we have to go by a last name so it makes sense or we end up with "Gozzog of Eric" which just sounds weird. :-/

At first the whole keep name idea sounded new and interesting, but the more I think of it the less I like it to be honest. I want my chat and PvP-handle to be "Ogodei", that's it.

But I don't want to call my keep "Ogodei", because that would be stupid. Maybe "Ogodei's Stronghold" or something. At least let us create a seperate handle for our account/chat/PvP name. So maybe my keep would be called "Brimstone" and my account ID would be "Ogodei", so I would be "Lord Ogodei of Brimstone" and show as "Ogodei" in chat, PvP matches etc. (who cares about Ozzog, really)

Concerning PvE characters/champions, they could be "Fred of Brimstone", "Gundula of Brimstone" or whatever. But I want to be known in my guild and the community as "Ogodei" and not "Brimstone". (Then again I would also like to see guild membership by account and not character, to me those champions/characters are really secondary, especially in PvP)

I don't know really, I'm confused. But I know I don't like it, that's for sure Ė although I'm usually really open for new ideas.

RCDv57
09-27-2013, 01:05 PM
They answered in the Kickstarter Update comments that spaces aren't allowed.

RIP: Gozzog of The Old One

Svenn
09-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Any chance at surveys being sent out to gather emails rather than using the ones tied to the accounts we pledged with? That would solve my problem of wanting to gift these accounts to friends by just letting me put their info in from the start.

scyphrre
09-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Just throwing my vote in for a display name of some sort - Blizzard's battle tag is an ideal implementation. The chat handle I've always used would be a silly name for a keep.

Avignon
09-27-2013, 01:11 PM
If I have 2 pledges, can I get a friend to use the second to play alpha, and then still merge them come alpha?

The_Wine_Gnat
09-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Second for needing to know about spaces. Single name keep names are challenging, and feel kinda boring to me.

No spaces. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/611776#comments

DarkShoal
09-27-2013, 01:20 PM
I have two major concerns with this update:

Keep Names vs Public Names

The use of your keep name as your public name in chat strikes me as a really bad idea because you're mixing names that would be good for a place with names that make sense for an online alias. For instance 'Brokenrock Castle' is a rather cool place for a Warrior champion call Sir Ashworth to be from. Now imagine playing a standard game of MtGO or meeting someone in WoW called 'Brokenrock Castle' or 'the Broken Castle', you automatically make judgements based on that and, as it doesn't really make sense for a person to have that name, they're probably not favorable.

This means that the only real 'names' we can have that make sense both in pvp and lorewise in pve that I can think of are the names resembling countries (like in the article) or surnames. This doesn't leave us many names to use.

The problem will become particularly prevalent if this is still the case when new players start coming in. 'Name your Keep', no matter how much warning text you put after it will still have people naming their account as though it were a thing, not a person. I can see it becoming the case that people with place-based names are assumed to just be PvEers and/or newbies resulting in smack talk/ assumptions being made based on account names in PvP and discouraging people from continuing to play.

In light of this I cannot see why we can't have a separate chat name from our keep name and have our keep name appear in a tooltip when our name is hovered over in chat. ie.

DarkShoal
Lord of Rivenrock Tower (Underworld)
Lord of Shadowbrook Cavern (Ardent)

After all it's much more pleasant to be DarkShoal in a chatroom than Rivenrock Tower. At least in my opinion.

Single Keep == One faction per account? (Can I not have bunnies and elves?)

It's heavily implied in the update that we will have a single keep and that we will have to choose a faction for that keep in future. As someone mostly interested in this game for the PvE content this is really quite concerning as there's an implication there that I am going to be locked out of a set of content (as it has been stated multiple times that the dungeons are different for each side). And not only that but a new player post release is going to be making this decision at account creation with no idea of what the difference is with the inability to alter it on that account.

Having two keeps make much more sense if they're faction bound, especially as the 'Keep' and faction choice should have absolutely no bearing on PvP and most paid content. WoW would be a lot worse if creating a Alliance character locked you out of ever playing a Horde one.

This may all be alpha specific as the systems behind them haven't been fully implemented but I wanted to bring this up in case it was going to carry on to PvE launch/release as.

EDIT: Integrating stuff posted whilst I was writing this

Twztyd
09-27-2013, 01:44 PM
The use of your keep name as your public name in chat strikes me as a really bad idea because you're mixing names that would be good for a place with names that make sense for an online alias.

This.

RCDv57
09-27-2013, 01:44 PM
The last part of the name can be pretty much anything and still be cool.
It all depends on how you use the first name.

Lord Tandem_the_Spoony of Lord_Brittish
Darkmaw_the_Terrible of Sour_Gravy
Dirty_Dan of Squarepants
James of TeamRocket
billygoat of oOiUiOo
Black_Knight of Gwyn
Warrior of DarkShoal
Unknown of Anon
Great_Sword of Artorias
Spellbook of Sif_Muna
WarMachine of RCDv57
Whip of Indiana
Apprentice of Darth_Vader
Minion of Corey_Jones
Employee of Cryptozoic

Not all of these are amazing but Knight, Minion, and weapons are some of my favorite character names.

Svenn
09-27-2013, 01:54 PM
The use of your keep name as your public name in chat strikes me as a really bad idea because you're mixing names that would be good for a place with names that make sense for an online alias.This.
So much this.

DrakarT
09-27-2013, 02:08 PM
As been said before... It would be better choosing an ID for your chat name and then your keep name.. Both being globally unique
One for chatting and the other when your are choosing who attack and champions titles

Aradon
09-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Since we'll be choosing a Keep name, but not factions at this point, does this mean that the concept of separate Ardent & Underworld keeps has been changed since we last heard? Will we have two keeps, or just one, when PvE hits?

Rapierian
09-27-2013, 03:08 PM
What, if any, restrictions are there on the composition of a Keep name? Can it contain spaces (eg. "The Northern Wastes")? Is there a character limit (eg. "This place around the way that you might know, but probably haven't been to before but would really like it if you went there")? Are CamelCase names allowed or MiXeDcApItAlIzAtIoN (eg. "TheNorthernWastes" or "LaNdOfNoD")? How about punctuation (eg. "SURPRISELAND!!!!")? Or "leet" speak (eg. "1@nd0F1337")?

Just curious what the constraints will be on the creativity behind making Keep Names.

Also, copyrighted names: Say, Lord of the Rings countries: Mordor, etc.

Shaqattaq
09-27-2013, 03:43 PM
If I have 2 pledges, can I get a friend to use the second to play alpha, and then still merge them come alpha?

Yeah, that's the plan.

As far as keep/character names, clearly the community feels strongly about this and we'll be going through the different opinions, discussions on this throughout the weekend.

Any chance at surveys being sent out to gather emails rather than using the ones tied to the accounts we pledged with? That would solve my problem of wanting to gift these accounts to friends by just letting me put their info in from the start.

That's around 20,000 surveys to process at this point. I don't see that happening, but we'll have to provide an option so they're not logging in with YOUREMAIL3 for the rest of eternity.

RCDv57
09-27-2013, 04:24 PM
On a slightly different note, has anyone found any of the Card previews sent out to fan sites yet?

MoikPEI
09-27-2013, 04:25 PM
CZE, I'm in awe of how committed you guys are to this game and really, really want to convey an appreciation of this.
Like, seriously, there's what, 30 people out here arguing over the naming system? 50 max? And that pulls the trigger on weekend work?
That's way beyond any standard I think anyone else would hold you to. Don't burn yourselves out.

I'll start saving for a trip to HexCon now. Awkward hugs all round.

Svenn
09-27-2013, 05:27 PM
As far as keep/character names, clearly the community feels strongly about this and we'll be going through the different opinions, discussions on this throughout the weekend.
Thank you! I really love the keep name idea but having my name be the name of a place just feels weird and doesn't fit with my usual online identity.

That's around 20,000 surveys to process at this point. I don't see that happening, but we'll have to provide an option so they're not logging in with YOUREMAIL3 for the rest of eternity.
Any simple way to change the login/email should work, just an option through the website or something. I figured a survey would import into whatever database you are using for generating accounts just as easy as pulling the emails from Kickstarter/paypal so it wouldn't be too much extra work for you guys.

And just because I've done a bit too much complaining today... I appreciate what you guys are doing and how much you listen to the community! I am super excited for the alpha! Keep up the awesome work. :)

GreyGriffin
09-27-2013, 07:01 PM
I really do like having a placename that unites all the characters, but yeah, that's very different from my personal identity.

IN an ideal universe?

GreyGriffin is my handle, my OOC name, and the name my friends across multiple mediums identify me.
Grei von Griffon or Havendell is the name I associate with my character or avatar.
Clifftop or Clifftop Tower is the place that they would reside. So GreyGriffin (Account)) represents the character Grei von Griffon (Lord) of Clifftop Tower

Tsukichiri, the Shin'Hare champion I control, would be Tsukichiri of Clifftop, further investigation could reveal that he is a vassal/mercenary/knight/courtier/castellan/etc. (Champion titles, new treasure chest loot?) of Grei von Griffon. Al of which would be umbrella'd under my OOC moniker of GreyGriffin.

Being able to switch among these names in chat display would be sweet for the RP purposes, but I can understand the technical hurdles and vast confusion.

So...

Username
Lord/Character Name (Of [keep])
Keep name (Placename), [title: Tower/Castle/Fort/Domain] of [Lord Name]
Champion name (of [keep] or [title: Champion/Vassal/Knight] of [Lord Name or Keep])

But really, most any sort of association scheme is better than Lancelot of King_Arthur

Chiany
09-27-2013, 07:21 PM

This is why Cryptozoic has such awesome employees!!
I hope you will take our concerns seriously, but I'm not doubting that for a second.

Pseudoradius
09-27-2013, 08:22 PM
I also agree that your handle and the name of the keep should not be the same. It just creates an unneccessary conflict between using the username you normally use and having a cool surname for your characters.
Mostly because most usernames are not supposed to be a surname, but rather to take the place of the first name.

Also please allow spaces to be used. Being limited to one word is also an unneccessary restriction and rules out some really interesting and cool stuff like "of the Silver Order", "of the Forgotten Tomb" or "of Dreamweaver Plane".
I can't think of a good reason for disallowing spaces, so if you decide to keep the restriction, could you at least tell us why it is there?

Jugan
09-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah, that's the plan.

I have a grand king pledge that I pledged via paypal. Will I have to worry about being missed since I didn't actually go through kickstarter, and instead went directly through paypal?

Gridian
09-27-2013, 10:25 PM
I have a grand king pledge that I pledged via paypal. Will I have to worry about being missed since I didn't actually go through kickstarter, and instead went directly through paypal?

No, since all the paypal pledges counted towards the kickstarter goals and also the kickstarter max-es. There were 1000 Grand King spots in total, and the kickstarter reads 959 backers and "ALL GONE!" which means that 41 people bought a Grand King pledge via paypal. All 1000 are equal Grand Kings, only the source of their money is different.

I hope that was understandable... I just got up after a restful night of sleep and am not yet fully awake xD

Jugan
09-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Are they going to send an invite to my email account associated with my paypal?

Aaric
09-28-2013, 12:44 AM
I shall name my keep Bob, and all my champions Bob to avoid confusion in this matter.

WoundedTrooper
09-28-2013, 01:22 AM
How many words can you use in your keep name.

FeelNFine
09-28-2013, 02:07 AM

Why not both? CHAMPION NAME of ERIC still sounds awkward, since in that sense, the keep is obviously a building not the lord. So why not at creation have Lord/Lady ______ of ________, your chat name will be your Lord/Lady name, and your champions can be of Keep name.

NaryaDL0re
09-28-2013, 02:47 AM
^

just that. I havent seen this pointed out often but its seems the most obvious and elegant solution.

Make people name their Lord (chat name) and their keep. And than either let them choose their
champions to be named "Champion of Lord" or "Champion of Keep"... or just pick one for us.

Anyhow, just naming the Lord/Lady of the Keep and the Keep itselfs seems to be the most elegant solution.

Also, has anyone asked what signs/numbers/etc we can use as Keepname?
For Example so far I would need to name my keep NaryaDL0re ... is the 0 ok? Will the caps be distinguishable?
In the screenshot Keepnames are all caps... does it mean this will be the norm?

Axxion
09-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Actually i would really like to know the answers to 9 and 10??

Aradon
09-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Yeah, that's the plan.

Thanks for listening to us. I am among those who would prefer a separate keep and account name, but I'd like to encourage CZE to follow their own design. If you guys end up deciding that separate names actually are a better system, great, but if you talk it over and still like the original system, I don't want to be bullying you guys into changing your vision :)

Maphalux
09-28-2013, 09:52 AM
All of your questions are brainless... why do you have blue text? Shouldn't that be reserved for those that can operate doorknobs?

He was consolidating questions other people were asking for ease of reference to CZE which is kind of what forum mods do. That is why he has blue text.

There was definitely something brainless posted here but it wasn't by Kami.

WhytePanther
09-28-2013, 04:49 PM
I too would like to see separate keep names and chat names, but in absence of this possibility, how about the ability to customize the champion titles a bit? So for example, instead of having to name my character Everett of WhytePanther, I could have him labelled as Everett, servant of WhytePanther. Other titles could be used as well, thins like "general of", "vassal of", "knight of", "jester of", etc. I also feel this makes it more clear that you are representing a person, since the plan is for your keep to be named after, well, you. Perhaps these could even be titles earnable in the game through keep modes or other reward methods.

Bloodx
09-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Don't think I saw it answered here - Will slacker backers get to play on the same day as kick starters?

Also will the unique login/password get sent to the email that I used with paypal?

Shadowelf
09-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Don't think I saw it answered here - Will slacker backers get to play on the same day as kick starters?

Only with a few days difference; reason server load

As to the roll out, clearly we cannot simple dump the entire base into an untested server platform; players will have to trickle in. My hope is we do relatively small batches the first couple of days and based on that info we throttle it as high as we can reasonably go to get everyone in as quickly as possible. As an example: if we let in 500 people day one, 1000 day two, and the server is handling it no problem, we could go 5000 day three and the rest day four, but this is all based on server performance. (update #47 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

Our plan for releasing pledges has the Grand Kings and Producers hitting the servers first, and we'll plan our waves around how the servers handle that load and steps we need to take in order to prepare for the next wave. (update #48 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

Also will the unique login/password get sent to the email that I used with paypal?

The answer is yes

Step 3: Alpha participants will be e-mailed a unique login and password to access the game. Input those details and hit the “Login” button.
(update #48 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

Check also the Alpha Q&A here http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27721

OutlandishMatt
09-29-2013, 09:49 AM
My biggest concern: Will Slacker Backer disappear once we start Alpha?

SeaOfInsanity
09-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Wow, my name is actually suited for that naming system.
Having said that I would rather be identified in-game as my fullname rather than Sea (PvP) or Insanity(PvE).

Shadowelf
10-01-2013, 04:56 AM
My biggest concern: Will Slacker Backer disappear once we start Alpha?

Haven't been confirmed anywhere Matt, but i feel that slacker backer will be available as long as Alpha access is relevant, aka up until Beta

Jugan
10-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Still wondering what system they'll be using to send out invites since my kickstarter pledge of $250 overlaps with my paypal pledge of $500. And if they're giving out the $500 pledges invites first, am I going to be skipped over?

Shadowelf
10-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Still wondering what system they'll be using to send out invites since my kickstarter pledge of $250 overlaps with my paypal pledge of $500. And if they're giving out the $500 pledges invites first, am I going to be skipped over?

What will most probably be happening is this ;

You will be sent 2 emails one at your KS email and one with your paypal email with your unique login and password. Your login and password that is tied to a GK pledge will have access day one , the other when they allow the $250 tiers to get in.

sources :

Are the account names the email addresses? Can these be changed? I pledged 3 times with 2 different email addresses, and 2 of those accounts are going to other people (my girlfriend and a good friend) and the one I am going to use is tied to a different email than my normal one. I don't want other people logging in with my email address. I want these to be fully under their control once they are set up, and tied to their email addresses.

Also, is there any way to change the display name in chat/friends list or something? I am known as Svenn to a lot of people I'll be playing with, but "Lord of Svenn" just isn't right... and picking another display name just seems wrong. :(

I see us giving players an option to change those things to their liking for a short period of time, but I don't have any specifics for that.

(http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27721)

Alpha participants will be e-mailed a unique login and password to access the game. Input those details and hit the “Login”
button. (update #48 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

Yeah, that's the plan

Also Alpha Q&A http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27721

Batman
10-01-2013, 08:20 PM
I made a Donation, the slacker backer one... 50 USD.

But i dont know how do i get the actualy acc.

Is it bound to the paypal email?

How do I be sure that I will play the alpha?

hammer
10-02-2013, 12:13 AM

Welcome - This thread in the New Player Sub Forum has the answers: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26901

Shadowelf
10-02-2013, 06:52 AM

In addition to what hammer linked you will be a sent a unique login and password prior Alpha's release (8th of October), which you will use to access the game

update #48 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts

Jaxal1965
10-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Have the invites been sent out yet? I donated on 5-15 for the Knight Tier and have not heard anything since then.

Shadowelf
10-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Have the invites been sent out yet? I donated on 5-15 for the Knight Tier and have not heard anything since then.

Nope, nothing yet; check my reply above

Jugan
10-02-2013, 02:05 PM
What will most probably be happening is this ;

You will be sent 2 emails one at your KS email and one with your paypal email with your unique login and password. Your login and password that is tied to a GK pledge will have access day one , the other when they allow the $250 tiers to get in.

What I'm saying is that both emails are the same though.

Shadowelf
10-02-2013, 02:12 PM
What I'm saying is that both emails are the same though.

Well in this case;

For those of you with multiple pledges all tied to the same email, you'll receive invites something like "YOURNAME@EMAIL.COM" and then "YOURNAME1@EMAIL.COM."

(update #48 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

GreyGriffin
10-03-2013, 04:24 PM
If we sign up for Alpha and the naming display conventions change, will we be able to rename ourselves?

Shadowelf
10-03-2013, 04:31 PM
If we sign up for Alpha and the naming display conventions change, will we be able to rename ourselves?

I bet that they would have made up their mind till Alpha is released; but in the case they haven't and decide on it later, it is only reasonable that they allow us to do so

Chiany
10-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Let's wait and see what today's update tell us.

Jugan
10-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Well in this case;

For those of you with multiple pledges all tied to the same email, you'll receive invites something like "YOURNAME@EMAIL.COM" and then "YOURNAME1@EMAIL.COM."

Ahhh, I understand now. Thanks!

Nathan
10-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Sorry this may have been answered >< But went through this thread and didn't see it.

"Our plan for releasing pledges has the Grand Kings and Producers hitting the servers first, and we'll plan our waves around how the servers handle that load and steps we need to take in order to prepare for the next wave."

Does this mean everything from Grand King to Producer? Or just Grand Kings AND Producers, meaning everything in between (Dragon Lord, Primal, Immortal) will have to wait? It's only an additional 76 people so im assuming its everything in between the two but I could be wrong? If not it's fine(I'm DL + Pro so if its just GK and Producer im right before and after lol, missing the mark!)

Once again sorry if it was answered already.

Shadowelf
10-04-2013, 02:54 PM
"Our plan for releasing pledges has the Grand Kings and Producers hitting the servers first, and we'll plan our waves around how the servers handle that load and steps we need to take in order to prepare for the next wave."

Does this mean everything from Grand King to Producer? Or just Grand Kings AND Producers, meaning everything in between (Dragon Lord, Primal, Immortal) will have to wait? It's only an additional 76 people so im assuming its everything in between the two but I could be wrong? If not it's fine(I'm DL + Pro so if its just GK and Producer im right before and after lol, missing the mark!)

Once again sorry if it was answered already.

The way it is worded, the easiest thing to assume is only GKs and Producers will be eligible; but just like you said 76 more people won't make a difference and that is what appears to be confusing;this and the fact that normally DL and primals should be ahead of GKs since they are choosing based on KS tiers

Nathan
10-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Is there an answer out there or is it unknown though?

Edit: nevermind, just found this.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/618987#comments
"All backers will receive alpha access. Producers down to Grand Kings get in first, then we'll progressively bring in more people as the engineers give us the greenlight."

Orastes
10-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Have they given out the Email Address they will be sending invites from so we can insure that it won't get caught in our spam Filters?

Jaxal1965
10-09-2013, 07:13 AM
I thought invites were going out on 10-8. Still nothing :(

EmraldArcher
10-09-2013, 07:17 AM
I thought invites were going out on 10-8. Still nothing :(

The posted an update in the forums yesterday saying it wasn't happening. Should be an update around 2 PM eastern today.

Pooterpants
10-09-2013, 01:26 PM
okay so it is 4:20 EST and i don't see an email. are they being sent out in a certain order? Like are the tiers above knight getting the code first and then on down? Or is there a delay again, or is my email being really stupid? is anyone else having a problem?

Commoble
10-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Yeah, they're sending the invites out in waves. First wave is grand king and higher, which happened today. They're having issues with the download servers. The biggest one is that anyone -- not just the people who were allowed into the alpha -- who found the link was able to download the client even if they weren't able to use it yet, so the download servers got clogged to hell and back by people who won't be able to play for a while anyway.

So yeah, the rest of the invite waves are gonna get delayed a bit.

Jaxal1965
10-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Is each tier going out in waves? I bought into the Knight Tier which is further down the order.

Aradon
10-09-2013, 07:48 PM
The plan is to ramp up the size of the waves as possible. They sent out ~1000 in the first wave, and there are 17,700 KS backers, so depending on how much they can increase the size of the waves, you'll get in somewhere along the line. We'll have better estimates once the second wave goes out, since we'd be able to see the time between waves, and the size difference between waves.

Jaxal1965
10-10-2013, 04:58 AM
Totally understand. I was so excited about this game, as were 17,700 other people, that I donated immediately. Hope an invite comes soon.

Jaxal1965
10-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Invites still going out?

Commoble
10-15-2013, 12:28 PM
The second wave hasn't started yet, they'll have an announcement on something tomorrow.

Speedknob
10-16-2013, 05:35 AM
I have been out of touch, but am catching up on my kickstarter emails. Am looking forward to getting involved, whenever that may happen! Will be downloading the game tonight and will await my opportunity to check it out.

Jaxal1965
10-18-2013, 05:08 AM
Is there any place besides this thread to find out the status of the invites?

Aradon
10-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Jaxal- keep an eye on the Alpha Notes thread in the Alpha Discussion forum. Shaqattaq updates it with any and all news regarding the Alpha. This includes patches and waves of invites.

redfenix
01-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Hey, i'm having a hard time finding where to ask, but i never recieved by alpha invite, and i'm a backer. Help?

Yoss
01-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Probably the Alpha forum or New Player forum would be better, but they might see it here if you're lucky. The best is to submit a support ticket to Customer Service, which isn't on these forums.