PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Update is out!

The_Wine_Gnat
09-27-2013, 12:06 PM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts

Steps:

Step 1: Download the game! The first step is an easy one, once you get access, download the game and install it on your computer.

Step 2: Click the desktop icon to launch the game.

Step 3: Alpha participants will be e-mailed a unique login and password to access the game. Input those details and hit the “Login” button.

Step 4: Create a Keep name The first time you ever log in on your account you’ll need to create your in-game persona: Your Keep name.

Before you dive in, though, you have an important decision to make, one that will affect your entire HEX experience: the name of your Keep.

What is a Keep? Most importantly, it is your primary identity within the game. Your Keep name will be completely unique. Your entire card and equipment collection will be bound to your Keep, as well as your identity within your guild and friends list. So, it would be a good idea to put some thought into your Keep name before you create your HEX account for the first time.

havocattack
09-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Dang, now I gotta think of a keep name :/

Also, I'm assuming, those of us with multiple pledge, if we give out the additional invites, that won't actually be tied to anything kickstarter related?

Clortbags
09-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Starting to get super excited about this now, not long to go!

Hope everyone manages to get their desired Keep names before someone else sneaks in their and grabs it.

Goodluck all!!!

The_Wine_Gnat
09-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Dang, now I gotta think of a keep name :/

I'm in the same boat. Do I go with WineGnat, Napa, Cellar Master, or something totally different like Arnold Schwarzenegger's Love Nest. So many options!

Oh! WineGnat of The Empty Bottle. I love it!

MoikPEI
09-27-2013, 12:13 PM
It'll be a race for Jotenheim.

sprmario2k3
ok... so roughly 1,100 people in Grand King and above ($500+) will be the first wave. Think they will confirm that they will go in descending order from there? there are 3,800 people in the $250 tiers and then roughly 3,500 in King and EB King.

Gwaer
I've had a list of keep names since they first mentioned keeps. =P

Vibraxus
09-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Time to think of a name...and this means my GF might be upset at me for taking the laptop to Disney with me to ensure I get to make my Keep name before somebody snatches up what i want.

Daer
09-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Are the login name/password and the account we create tied to the KS rewards? Or will we just be emailed codes for our Kickerstarter tiers that can be entered into any account?

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Really disappointed that they are ranking invites in order of what pledge you had. Producer tier I get, it's a small number of people anyway, and they really did invest A LOT into this game.

If GK had been available when I saw the KS I'd have gotten that.

If I had 10,000 to spend on Producer I'd have gotten that.

Now I'm being told because of my tardiness, and lack of expendable income, I'm not "VIP" enough and need to wait in line to get into the club because it's at capacity.

In the big scheme of things, it's not a huge deal, but it still stings. Random invites across all pledge tiers would have been the most fair/politcal way to go. People don't win lotteries based off which tickets they bought and how much they spent on them. Just sayin'

Thank goodness I'm not excited about this game for how they handle PR :p

Edit: Also....ERMAGHERD!!! ERLPHA!!!!!!!

The short/long/brief/whateveryouthought it was wait is almost over!

mudkip
09-27-2013, 12:24 PM
I for one am immature enough to try and see the limits of the profanity filter!

Umaro
09-27-2013, 12:29 PM
My question:

The first time you ever log in on your account you’ll need to create your in-game persona: Your Keep name.

Let’s say when I log into HEX for the first time and I name my Keep “Celendor”. From that point onward, “Celendor” serves as my HEX identity. My friends and guildmates will know me as “Celendor”, and the champions I create to venture into the chaotic world of Entrath in search of glory and treasure will all be called “_______ of Celendor”

So then this means that the name displayed in PVP matches will be that of our Keep, correct? So if I were to name my keep "Black Blade" then pvp opponents would see me as "Black Blade", correct? If that's the case, whatever name I want to show up in matches should be my keep name.

Barkam
09-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Yes, Umaro

Soul-of-Void
09-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Like all i hope will get mine keep name ^^

I assume if in first wave they inv GK and up , second will be all 250$ then rest ( by looking in numbers ) .

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 12:36 PM
My question:

So then this means that the name displayed in PVP matches will be that of our Keep, correct? So if I were to name my keep "Black Blade" then pvp opponents would see me as "Black Blade", correct? If that's the case, whatever name I want to show up in matches should be my keep name.

Exactly.

So, Umaro (assuming of course) would need to be YOUR Keep Name so then you'll show up as (Your champions name) of Umaro.

I wouldn't do Black Blade unless you intended on joining a different guild for the lulz ;)

Umaro
09-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Exactly.

So, Umaro (assuming of course) would need to be YOUR Keep Name so then you'll show up as (Your champions name) of Umaro.

I wouldn't do Black Blade unless you intended on joining a different guild for the lulz ;)

I wasn't planning on it, just used it as an example.

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Like all i hope will get mine keep name ^^

I assume if in first wave they inv GK and up , second will be all 250$ then rest ( by looking in numbers ) .

Post was a little vague on that, I'm assuming they meant Producer THROUGH GK, but it says Producer AND GK...Meaning only 2 tier's get in, so Immortal's and Dragon Lords would probably be wave 2?

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 12:38 PM
I wasn't planning on it, just used it as an example.

Oh I know you weren't.

I only added that for the lulz part for the lulz. And I typed this that way for the lulz too.

hex_colin
09-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Post was a little vague on that, I'm assuming they meant Producer THROUGH GK, but it says Producer AND GK...Meaning only 2 tier's get in, so Immortal's and Dragon Lords would probably be wave 2?

I'm sure that the intent was "through". Will clearly needs to be flogged for such a monumental error ;)

Umaro
http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Chat.jpg

What's a Shellsafe Sure Shot?

Cotton
I have multiple pledges, am I able to give an Alpha key away to a friend without him having access to my KS account?

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm sure that the intent was "through". Will clearly needs to be flogged for such a monumental error ;)

Maybe, they may just marriage a High $ Tier to a Lower dollar tier to evenly spread out the numbers in waves.

Soul-of-Void
09-27-2013, 12:41 PM
immortal,primals and DL are too little in numbers too make it second wave instead going with GK and Producer

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 12:42 PM
I have multiple pledges, am I able to give an Alpha key away to a friend without him having access to my KS account?

Yes. They said the UN/PW will be generated intraco at CZE. So that means this is temporary until the beta wipe, and THEN everything will be tied to YOUR email address and you'll be the one making the UN/PW.

I'm assuming this all of course, but I'm fairly certain since CZE is creating your log in and pw, IF it ends up being the same UN/PW as your KS account, you'll need to go buy a lottery ticket because today is your lucky day!

Gorgol
09-27-2013, 12:43 PM
http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Chat.jpg

What's a Shellsafe Sure Shot?
I'm more concerned that Celendor is Celindor in that screenshot? Someone impersonating someone already? :P

Umaro
09-27-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm more concerned that Celendor is Celindor in that screenshot? Someone impersonating someone already? :P

I saw that, too. I figured it was just a typo. Like,
Cory - "Hey Ben, make an account named Celendor and type something in chat."
Ben - "Can do, Cory. Celindor, coming right up!"

Zophie
09-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Maybe I'm just overthinking this, but isn't it a little weird to have your Keep name represent you in chat and in the community? I hope we can at least pick our favorite champion name to use as an avatar of sorts, to "lead the Keep" if you will, and use that in chat instead of just the keep name.

I dunno, slightly conflicted, but I'm sure I'll get used to it either way.

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 12:47 PM
I saw that, too. I figured it was just a typo. Like,
Cory - "Hey Ben, make an account named Celendor and type something in chat."
Ben - "Can do, Cory. Celindor, coming right up!"

That or Will just didn't get the memo on how Celindor was spelt and in his haste to post up the update didn't bother to look at the screenshot :D

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Maybe I'm just overthinking this, but isn't it a little weird to have your Keep name represent you in chat and in the community? I hope we can at least pick our favorite champion name to use as an avatar of sorts, to "lead the Keep" if you will, and use that in chat instead of just the keep name.

I dunno, slightly conflicted, but I'm sure I'll get used to it either way.

That's a little odd. Why would you want to use an "NPC" name as your "gamer tag"?

Everyone could run around using the same Champion in name in chat, and it would make people completely anonymous which doesn't really breed a strong community which is the effort we're all trying to make happen.

I think it's odd that your keep name will also be your gamer tag, I would love to Hemotherapy of Hemotherapia or something like that. But their way isn't the worst either, it just means that some keep names will just really be odd.

Like if I use my name in my gamertag, ex: Blank of "Chrisissocool" :/

I would prefer to have your main persona be created first, and your keep name be a sub category from that, that you could name something else.

From a role playing standpoint, I guess you could see it as 1 collective kingdom talking to another collective kingdom in chat, not an individual of the kingdom itself.

So the player IS the kingdom, and the champions we play with are people from that kingdom.

Vibraxus
09-27-2013, 12:48 PM
So I think Ill be Cryptozoic.

I wonder how many people will try to get Master Of The Universe or Greyskull...Mordor will be taken first right?

Norious
09-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Wonder how they will manage guild names

Daer
09-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes. They said the UN/PW will be generated intraco at CZE. So that means this is temporary until the beta wipe, and THEN everything will be tied to YOUR email address and you'll be the one making the UN/PW.

I'm assuming this all of course, but I'm fairly certain since CZE is creating your log in and pw, IF it ends up being the same UN/PW as your KS account, you'll need to go buy a lottery ticket because today is your lucky day!

Your username is your kickstarter email so I'm guessing that will last right through alpha/beta/launch.

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 12:55 PM
You're freaking out over 2 days of alpha access?

Did I type that in a way that convey's freaking out? I didn't think I did but if that's how you read it I can assure you're wrong.

That's a post written by someone disappointed, not freaked out.

Also, can you get CZE to confirm that it will only be 2 days? Or could we take a bet that it's only 2 days? Because if you can't you really shouldn't be so cavalier about saying I'm freaking out over 2 days of access.

hex_colin
09-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Did I type that in a way that convey's freaking out? I didn't think I did but if that's how you read it I can assure you're wrong.

That's a post written by someone disappointed, not freaked out.

Also, can you get CZE to confirm that it will only be 2 days? Or could we take a bet that it's only 2 days? Because if you can't you really shouldn't be so cavalier about saying I'm freaking out over 2 days of access.

If they feel like the game/servers can handle the load, everyone could have access in the first day. Likewise, if they encounter issues, it could be 3, 4, 5 days... Either way, it's likely to be a really short timeframe in the overall scheme of things.

Hemotherapy
Your username is your kickstarter email so I'm guessing that will last right through alpha/beta/launch.

Where did it say that? Said it would be a "Unique" log in, but the email you get would be from yourname@email.com or youremail1@email.com, etc.

I'm assuming they'll be using the same type of random UN/PW's we saw during their pre-alpha play streams that they hosted, but once beta is launched, they'll let the players create everything.

Shadowspawn
We've been told it will be a staggered Alpha access for many weeks now. This is not a surprise, so I don't know why you are just now bringing it up. Yes, we will have to wait just a little longer as lower level tiers, but this is ALPHA. Servers are not battle tested. Shizzle ain't perfect.

Zophie
09-27-2013, 01:00 PM
I think it's odd that your keep name will also be your gamer tag, I would love to Hemotherapy of Hemotherapia or something like that. But their way isn't the worst either, it just means that some keep names will just really be odd.

Like if I use my name in my gamertag, ex: Blank of "Chrisissocool" :/

I would prefer to have your main persona be created first, and your keep name be a sub category from that, that you could name something else.

From a role playing standpoint, I guess you could see it as 1 collective kingdom talking to another collective kingdom in chat, not an individual of the kingdom itself.

So the player IS the kingdom, and the champions we play with are people from that kingdom.

This is what I meant. I would prefer our chat handles have an actual "Name of Keepname" format instead of just "Keepname". Maybe that will add too much clutter to chat, but it makes more sense to me from a roleplaying standpoint then the idea of the entire collective kingdom speaking to everyone.

Granted, it's a minor point and I'm sure I could get used to it, it's just a little different than what I'm used to in an "MMO" social setting.

katkillad
09-27-2013, 01:02 PM
I hope Gokusephirothstark isn't taken :rolleyes:

Umaro
09-27-2013, 01:05 PM

I hope you pledged at Squire tier so I can take this.

Daer
09-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Gokusephirothstark of xXxSiLeNtKiLleR69xXx

MoikPEI
09-27-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm thinking of taking Canada. "Gozzog of Canada." People would sit there expecting maple syrup and apologies rather than zombie plagues and Uruunaz. Could work out.

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 01:09 PM
I hope you pledged at Squire tier so I can take this.

lol.

I'm thinking of taking Canada. "Gozzog of Canada." People would sit there expecting maple syrup and apologies rather than zombie plagues and Uruunaz. Could work out.

Petition: Create Alt Art Zombie cards with them wearing flanel for Moik.

Umaro
09-27-2013, 01:11 PM

Pact of Jelly Donuts. Also, If ever you reach 12 Zombies on the board, they immediately break out into a game of Hockey and your opponent gets hit in the head by a puck.

Vorpal
09-27-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm glad to hear the Keep will be in there.

I really wanted to see how the keep attack/defense stuff worked.

Hemotherapy
09-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Pact of Jelly Donuts. Also, If ever you reach 12 Zombies on the board, they immediately break out into a game of Hockey and your opponent gets hit in the head by a puck.

Or when they deal damage a sound effect of "Sorry eh!" plays everytime ;)

MoikPEI
09-27-2013, 01:21 PM
But then your opponent could just yell "CAR!" and all the zombies exhaust that turn.

MaxtionHero
09-27-2013, 01:23 PM

I see a whole new snipe campaign forming on the horizon....

BossHoss
09-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Theme song "It`s a good `ol Hexy game"

ossuary
09-27-2013, 01:38 PM
The toque was invented to keep the brains warm until us Canadian zombies could get around to eating them.

Clortbags
09-27-2013, 04:27 PM
inb4 "Potter of Gryffindor"