PDA

View Full Version : Special package deals?

Norious
09-28-2013, 01:18 PM
You think Hex would have special package deals upon launch? Maybe not like kickstarter, but something similar? Or you think there will be packs you can buy and starter decks only?

jetah
09-28-2013, 01:25 PM
I dont see any deals come launch. I've never heard of a game going on sale before it is released.

I only know of booster packs (2$ for 15 cards) that you can buy. There could be more but CZE hasn't fully stated what they will be selling.

Maybe once set 2 or 4 hits, we might see some type of sale. However, CZE said that 2$ for boosters is as cheap as they can go.

Kami
09-28-2013, 01:27 PM
I could see them doing a small discount packages at the beginning like:

$10 Starter Kit:

1 Starter Deck
3 Boosters
Draft Ticket

$20 Premium Kit:

1 Starter Deck
3 Boosters
Draft Ticket
1 Month VIP

I think it'd be a good idea to encourage new users who didn't back the game to any degree. :)

jetah
09-28-2013, 01:31 PM
I thought they were giving starting decks to everyone who created an account.

Kami
09-28-2013, 01:33 PM
I thought they were giving starting decks to everyone who created an account.

The free starter decks are account-bound. The benefit of purchasing a starter deck is that they are fully tradable.

jetah
09-28-2013, 01:35 PM
The free starter decks are account-bound. The benefit of purchasing a starter deck is that they are fully tradable.

OH!!!! Didn't realize there was a difference!

Gulbech
09-28-2013, 01:56 PM
OH!!!! Didn't realize there was a difference!

There has to be, else the market will get flooded with cards from the starter deck.

MoikPEI
09-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Path of Exile keeps offering changing kickstarter-style tiered deals.
It would make sense to me to do one a set or one a year.

mudkip
09-28-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm sure there would be. There won't be anything as good as Kickstarter, but CZE would be crazy not to have specials or events.

My prediction is nothing until a launch/pre-launch special to pull in new users. After that it would be related to sets - maybe when Set 2 is about to launch there will be a special on Set 1 Starter Packs?

iscariotrex
09-28-2013, 07:18 PM
I won't be surprised to see occasional deals on purchasing platinum. It is a fairly common practice with most games with alternative currencies. So common, I may be waiting for such a sale before I buy any platinum, but we shall see. I agree with the rest though, nothing nuts like kickstarter, and probably not much before launch.