PDA

View Full Version : What are your Alpha Supplies?

MoikPEI
09-29-2013, 10:05 AM
everyone is out stocking up on redbull and pizza pockets for alpha..... they will be back

So, what food and drink will people be gathering up in preparation for not leaving the computer let alone the house once Alpha is out? I'm wondering if stuff like that even exists in the EU.

Personally, I have a backlog of Canada Dry Cranberry Ginger Ale I picked up on sale for three bux a 12-case, and a cupboard full of Uncle Ben's Bistro Express Entrees I picked up 75% off, a dollar a pouch basically (some Basmati Rice, some Chicken & Long Grain Wild Rice, some Quinoa & Garlic Rice, some Vegetable Medley Rice, etc).

Oct 14th is Thanksgiving in Canada, so I'll probably end up with a week's worth of turkey and potato leftovers to toss in the microwave around then.

HyenaNipples
09-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Yum. Sodium.

mudkip
09-29-2013, 10:29 AM
I have plenty of booze ready. There's a lot of information to be taking in; I need my brain to be spongy!

MoikPEI
09-29-2013, 10:30 AM
The Sodium in the Bistro Expresses ranges from about 22% (Basmati) to 64% (Roast Chicken) of daily maximum per pouch. Not too horrible.

Truhls
09-29-2013, 10:35 AM
I Posted in another thread, monsters, philly pockets, and pot pies. On actual release days for AAA titles i ALWAYS make 9 layer dip ( Like 7 layer but i add guac and hot sauce as a layer lol ), and i make it on the biggest baking sheet pan i own. This way you have all of the nutrients you need in one easy to eat dip. Plus if you get the right chips your hands dont get greasy.

HyenaNipples
09-29-2013, 10:37 AM
22-64% of your daily value? Good god, man! You wont be able to walk through a stable without all the horses wanting to lick you!

Chiany
09-29-2013, 10:40 AM
I am going on prison rations (water + bread) during the 4 weeks of.
all blinders will be shut tight too.

MoikPEI
09-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Dude, that's one gram of sodium. It's equivalent in scope to a quarter of a packet of sugar.

Gwaer
09-29-2013, 10:43 AM
I like the 9 layer dip idea. I'll just have vnc setup on my pc and go out to eat playing hex on my iPad.

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-29-2013, 11:38 AM
I'll be having my normal diet and partaking my normal activities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the Hex alpha, but it's a couple months of virtually unlimited playtesting. No rush to accomplish anything special; no need to burn myself out too quickly. ^^

felmare
09-29-2013, 11:53 AM
love how I inspired this thread :D
my wifes going out of town the 10th of oct. so ill be stocking up on cup of noodles and pizza pockets. its gonna be a fun 10 days :D

Xenavire
09-29-2013, 12:32 PM
I am not going to have a stockpile left for when I get around to Hex, as all of it will be used up when I get my hands on the new Pokemon game. But I will be having nachos, noodles, and whatever other random crap I get a craving for in the days leading up to release.

Truhls
09-29-2013, 12:34 PM
I am not going to have a stockpile left for when I get around to Hex, as all of it will be used up when I get my hands on the new Pokemon game. But I will be having nachos, noodles, and whatever other random crap I get a craving for in the days leading up to release.

i have over 700 hours logged on my pokemon black :(

Xenavire
09-29-2013, 01:00 PM
i have over 700 hours logged on my pokemon black :(

I reached the limits of recorded time on several of my pokemon games. And I fully expect to end up with just as much time spent on Hex. But Pokemon comes first! Any suggestions for snacks for a days-long pokemon marathon? Was thinking sour candy for an energy kick, and maybe some packs of pasta that I can heat as meals.

MoikPEI
09-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Poffins.

Zygon
09-29-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm with Jax on this one.

Alpha is going to be long, why burn out your vacation days and your life when it's going to be around for a long time?

Just take it slow, and enjoy yourself.

I personally am going to be using Alpha time teaching my friends how to be better at TCGs, since I got a few interested enough in it to play, but hardly know anything about them.

Truhls
09-29-2013, 01:28 PM
I reached the limits of recorded time on several of my pokemon games. And I fully expect to end up with just as much time spent on Hex. But Pokemon comes first! Any suggestions for snacks for a days-long pokemon marathon? Was thinking sour candy for an energy kick, and maybe some packs of pasta that I can heat as meals.

i get hungry too quick with pasta, i try to stick to stuff more filling like pot pies, and sub sandwiches. Maybe even rice :)

Xintia
09-29-2013, 01:44 PM
I'll be "saving" any endurance play sessions for after drafting gets implemented. Constructed never has been my cup of tea. I'll play it for certain, especially with an automatic 4x of every card. But what will really glue me to my chair will be when drafts come online. At that point I may need a coffee infused IV drip and a bed pan. ;)

The_Wine_Gnat
09-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Oct 14th is Thanksgiving in Canada, so I'll probably end up with a week's worth of turkey and potato leftovers to toss in the microwave around then.

Ha, I'll be visiting the wineries in the Okanagan then. Where are you in Canada?

MoikPEI
09-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Charlottetown, PEI.

keldrin
09-29-2013, 03:37 PM
well...microwaveable cheese sticks.
Nachos. And take out pizza.
Also some kind of wet-naps, so I don't have to wash my hands constantly.

Uhm. and Beer. Belhaven, Guiness, Spaten, and Bittburger

Shadowelf
09-29-2013, 04:50 PM
I'll be having my normal diet and partaking my normal activities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the Hex alpha, but it's a couple months of virtually unlimited playtesting. No rush to accomplish anything special; no need to burn myself out too quickly. ^^

I'm with Jax on this; no reason to do anything unsual since dedicating more of my spare time or altering my daily routine, won't effect my process within the game. Alpha will be around for months; so i'll relax and enjoy it piece by piece (the way it most probably will be offered)

jetah
09-29-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm with Jax on this; no reason to do anything unsual since dedicating more of my spare time or altering my daily routine, won't effect my process within the game. Alpha will be around for months; so i'll relax and enjoy it piece by piece (the way it most probably will be offered)

but we need links...
;D

dredcrow
09-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Ha, I'll be visiting the wineries in the Okanagan then.

Make sure you hit Summerhill in Kelowna, that's my favourite.

As far as supplies go I'm partial to Fujian Jasmine green tea and brownies.

katkillad
09-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Ketchup sandwiches because I spent all my monies on Hex.

Truhls
09-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Make sure you hit Summerhill in Kelowna, that's my favourite.

As far as supplies go I'm partial to Fujian Jasmine green tea and brownies.

i had jasmine green tea a few times, dont think it was Fujian though. I Personally like Jasmine rice XD

chansen005
09-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Simple, you get like 5 red baron pizzas to fill up the fridge, and then you go to bevmo and get like 3-12 packs of shock top honeywheat apple crisp. then proceed to... enjoy!

keroko
09-29-2013, 10:02 PM
(Kami: Pictures removed)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b229/trixymcnasty/IMG_20130916_121218_zps924ef50e.jpg

Truhls
09-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Those fries look burnt XD

Taurentipper
09-30-2013, 02:03 AM
I have 24 cans on monster a butt load of snak type food. I fridge in the PC room to store it all in. Most importantly i have a GF who will be my slave for the week and bring me normal food and meals. Shes good like that it only cost me a new pair of shoes and some days out HAHA

ossuary
09-30-2013, 04:21 AM
My downstairs pantry is filled to the brim with canned lentils, black beans, red kidney beans, whole tomatoes, and several dozen 2 litres of caffeine free diet pepsi. Also about a dozen one-pound bags of very expensive and rare whole coffee beans.

... this has nothing to do with Hex. :p

Athravan
09-30-2013, 04:26 AM
I feel a little ill reading some of the posts but each to their own :P

If I'm going on a marathon gaming session I make sure I've got lots of fresh fruit and fruit juice - that gives me plenty of energy, but honesty I won't be doing anything different for Hex alpha to my normal food/drink routine. I always keep loads of fresh food in the house anyway. If I need something to perk me up at the end of the day.. hot chocolate :D

blakegrandon
09-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Delivery. No need to waste time on a microwave, shopping, or any such time consuming activities.

I already eat out 3 times a day... That's normal right?

MoikPEI
09-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Also about a dozen one-pound bags of very expensive and rare whole coffee beans.

Wait, do you mean with the weird cherry grape thing still on them?
I've always wanted to try those. Never looked around to where to get them though.

ossuary
09-30-2013, 07:55 PM
No, I just meant whole as in not ground up yet. They're ready to use, not still in un-roasted whole plant form. :)

Vibraxus
10-01-2013, 08:44 AM
My downstairs pantry is filled to the brim with canned lentils, black beans, red kidney beans, whole tomatoes, and several dozen 2 litres of caffeine free diet pepsi. Also about a dozen one-pound bags of very expensive and rare whole coffee beans.

... this has nothing to do with Hex. :p

Nowak coffee? LMAO

ossuary
10-01-2013, 09:26 AM
I assume you mean kopi luwak? That name actually refers to the method of processing, not the species of coffee berries used. And no, it's not that... it's highly unethical, because for the most part it's not collected in the wild anymore, but heavily farmed (higher yield). It's also extremely over-rated.

beepharoni
10-01-2013, 11:45 AM
I feel a little ill reading some of the posts but each to their own :P

If I'm going on a marathon gaming session I make sure I've got lots of fresh fruit and fruit juice - that gives me plenty of energy, but honesty I won't be doing anything different for Hex alpha to my normal food/drink routine. I always keep loads of fresh food in the house anyway. If I need something to perk me up at the end of the day.. hot chocolate :D

I totally agree.. healthy eating provides far more energy and nutrition than hotpockets and brownies. It's a bit silly to eat junk food just to save 20 minutes of cooking and cleaning, especially considering the toll it takes on your body.

I'll be eating healthy stuff. Fish/chicken and veggies... when I feel like eating poorly, i'll switch to a burger with fries or some other carb filled meal.

ossuary
10-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Ah, the internet. Come for the insults, stay for the judgement. :)

MoikPEI
10-01-2013, 11:53 AM
OATZ N SQUATZ
I'm waiting for someone to say they'll only be eating kale.

Umaro
10-01-2013, 03:16 PM
I'll only be eating kale.

There, now you can stop waiting, Moik :)

djlowballer
10-01-2013, 08:51 PM
I assume you mean kopi luwak? That name actually refers to the method of processing, not the species of coffee berries used. And no, it's not that... it's highly unethical, because for the most part it's not collected in the wild anymore, but heavily farmed (higher yield). It's also extremely over-rated.

Truth. Kopi Luwak is literally "Mongoose Coffee" because it is collected from the leavings of some animal in Indonesia. I drink it quite often and don't really taste a difference which justifies the ridiculous price.

blakegrandon
10-01-2013, 09:14 PM
I totally agree.. healthy eating provides far more energy and nutrition than hotpockets and brownies. It's a bit silly to eat junk food just to save 20 minutes of cooking and cleaning, especially considering the toll it takes on your body.

I'll be eating healthy stuff. Fish/chicken and veggies... when I feel like eating poorly, i'll switch to a burger with fries or some other carb filled meal.

Fish and the mercury(wild) or hormones(farm raised) is now healthy?

Also those veggies are almost certainly containing GMO's which are terrible for you, while those chickens were probably slaughtered en masse and processed.

Hey if you want to be judgmental you need to go all the way, but go ahead and blast others for their eating choices while you type away on a computer made via modern day slavery.

Mmm slavery and unhealthy lifestyle choices never tasted so delicious.

Now I'm going to stock up on hotpockets and brownies to complement my diet which is probably as healthy as your "healthy eating"

Lots of things take a toll on your body, Hex included, if you don't use this thing called moderation.

Reminds me of all the people taking protein shakes 2-3 times a day, totally unnecessary, just like eating only fish/chicken and veggies is...

mudkip
10-01-2013, 09:26 PM
I want someone to say "adult" cookies/brownies. That would be an awesome night!

djlowballer
10-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Fish and the mercury(wild) or hormones(farm raised) is now healthy?

Also those veggies are almost certainly containing GMO's which are terrible for you, while those chickens were probably slaughtered en masse and processed.

Hey if you want to be judgmental you need to go all the way, but go ahead and blast others for their eating choices while you type away on a computer made via modern day slavery.

Mmm slavery and unhealthy lifestyle choices never tasted so delicious.

Now I'm going to stock up on hotpockets and brownies to complement my diet which is probably as healthy as your "healthy eating"

Lots of things take a toll on your body, Hex included, if you don't use this thing called moderation.

Reminds me of all the people taking protein shakes 2-3 times a day, totally unnecessary, just like eating only fish/chicken and veggies is...

You can't honestly believe what you typed.

Gwaer
10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Never question what people on the internet can believe. Down that road lay madness.

RCDv57
10-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Lets see... I've got some potato chips, three bags of cheetos, way too much soda, a bottle of superglue, gatorade, Doritos, a large box of nails, leafblowers, a whole stack of pancakes, ramen noodles, twelve cans of pizza, a notebook, my journal, a good amount of rope, a bucket, some chainmail, all ten seasons of stargate on blueray, kazoozles, Reece's pieces, a motorcycle helmet, an unhealthy amount of chocolate, a second bucket, my cell phone, hot glue gun, an empty toolbox, a trashbag full of leaves, leather spandex, two and a half rubber bands, a set of Japanese cooking knifes, five pounds of bacon, shaving cream, a lego death star, a breifcase full of angry bee's, a roll of ld45 plastazote, a scouter from Dragonball Z, headphones, three extension cords, pvc pipe, this rock that kinda looks like christopher walken, a portable table, a high powered sniper rifle, a third bucket, and three dozen raw eggs.

Xtopher
10-02-2013, 01:28 AM
Caffeine. No-doze. Pizza. Then probably Ambien. Repeat.

ossuary
10-02-2013, 04:32 AM
Lets see... I've got some potato chips, three bags of cheetos, way too much soda, a bottle of superglue, gatorade, Doritos, a large box of nails, leafblowers, a whole stack of pancakes, ramen noodles, twelve cans of pizza, a notebook, my journal, a good amount of rope, a bucket, some chainmail, all ten seasons of stargate on blueray, kazoozles, Reece's pieces, a motorcycle helmet, an unhealthy amount of chocolate, a second bucket, my cell phone, hot glue gun, an empty toolbox, a trashbag full of leaves, leather spandex, two and a half rubber bands, a set of Japanese cooking knifes, five pounds of bacon, shaving cream, a lego death star, a breifcase full of angry bee's, a roll of ld45 plastazote, a scouter from Dragonball Z, headphones, three extension cords, pvc pipe, this rock that kinda looks like christopher walken, a portable table, a high powered sniper rifle, a third bucket, and three dozen raw eggs.

Wait, is this for Hex, or the start of the zombie apocalypse? :)

blakegrandon
10-02-2013, 05:14 AM
You can't honestly believe what you typed.

What part was unbelievable? There is so misinformation floating around the tubes that it's about as believable as anything else.

GMO vegetables possibly being bad?
http://www.organicauthority.com/foodie-buzz/eight-reasons-gmos-are-bad-for-you.html

Chickens bad for you and the environment?
http://www.boxingscene.com/nutrition/14279.php

Farm raised fish and runoff?
http://www.emagazine.com/earth-talk/concerns-about-farm-raised-fish

Mercury in fish?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_in_fish

Modern day slavery?
http://www.theworldcounts.com/counters/modern_day_slavery_facts

But hey, for the most part I don't worry about any of this and I was for the most part just pointing out how ridiculous it is someone jumping on a "healthy eating" bandwagon and implying their way is "better"

ericsche21
10-02-2013, 06:13 AM
You do realize that there is fairly broad scientific consensus (so actually experiments and stuff) showing that GMOs are no worse for you than other food? And this statement is backed the WHO, American Medical Association, the U.S Nation Academy of Sciences, the British Royal Society and other groups that have critically looked at the literature. If anything you are adding to the misinformation (at least regarding GMOs) by linking to websites that make fearmongering claims without any scientific basis.

MoikPEI
10-02-2013, 06:18 AM
Yeah, but people said that about people who deny global warming too, and it was almost freezing yesterday!

Intellectual Checkmate.

mudkip
10-02-2013, 06:40 AM
His "source" is Wikipedia and internet articles that do not reference any scientific studies.

Come on, guys, don't feed the trolls!

Xenavire
10-02-2013, 08:24 AM
His "source" is Wikipedia and internet articles that do not reference any scientific studies.

Come on, guys, don't feed the trolls!

Doesn't sound like he eats much anyway.

beepharoni
10-02-2013, 09:06 AM
You do realize that there is fairly broad scientific consensus (so actually experiments and stuff) showing that GMOs are no worse for you than other food? And this statement is backed the WHO, American Medical Association, the U.S Nation Academy of Sciences, the British Royal Society and other groups that have critically looked at the literature. If anything you are adding to the misinformation (at least regarding GMOs) by linking to websites that make fearmongering claims without any scientific basis.

Could not have said it better my self. +1

RCDv57
10-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Wait, is this for Hex, or the start of the zombie apocalypse? :)

Well with all the zombie cards we've seen, there's a good chance the two could be connected.

icetech
10-02-2013, 09:36 AM
No supplies.. will probably play for a few minutes then go back to something else... mainly waitin for pve.. since in pvp im gonna suck hard:)

RCDv57
10-02-2013, 09:42 AM
No supplies.. will probably play for a few minutes then go back to something else... mainly waitin for pve.. since in pvp im gonna suck hard:)

Listen to this a couple of times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLINdHoqC1Q

Xtopher
10-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Everything we eat is a GMO, for thousands of years, technically. Ever since the first person decided to breed a certain cow with a certain bull to take advantage of a genetic trait.

ossuary
10-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Everything we eat is a GMO, for thousands of years, technically. Ever since the first person decided to breed a certain cow with a certain bull to take advantage of a genetic trait.

Technically yes, but that's a pretty semantical truth.

The fact of the matter is that when people talk about GMOs and the potential health risks of such, they're talking about the results of genetic engineering moreso than simple selective breeding or even grafting (in the case of fruit). Yes, technically, selective breeding is a form of genetic modification, but it's no different than something that could potentially occur naturally through random chance given enough time (like a certain series of dogs breeding to result in a specific behaviour / trait).

Xtopher
10-02-2013, 10:47 AM
I did say "technically".

ossuary
10-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Yes, yes, and it's the best kind of correct, etc. :)

keldrin
10-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Genetically engineered food, is I'm afraid, necessary to feed a world population that continues to grow. Food grown has to produce more and more edible product to sustain our population.
Besides, genetically engineered food is nothing.
Think about this. We take tons of pharmaceuticals in our modern society. These drugs, are excreted out, processed, and eventually find their way back into our water supply. So, there are trace elements of multiple different drugs in our drinking water. Many of these drugs aren't compatible with each other. We have next to no idea what those drugs long term effects on us are going to be.

ossuary
10-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Or we could turn golf courses into farms. :)

Corpselocker
10-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I plan to binge during Beta when my choices are more permanent. Mainly, I am trying to figure out distractors for my wife and daughter. Screw food, drink, etc. I need massive blocks of time alone. Also, time with Hex.

RCDv57
10-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Or we could turn golf courses into farms. :)

The amount of land needed isn't an issue.
At one point in time the government paid farmowners to NOT produce a certain amount of crops.
That way the supply didn't skyrocket making their crops worth next to nothing.
I'm not 100% if this ever happened and I have no idea if it is a current practice.

Xtopher
10-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Yep. Still done in the U.S.

ossuary
10-03-2013, 04:58 AM
The amount of land needed isn't an issue.
At one point in time the government paid farmowners to NOT produce a certain amount of crops.
That way the supply didn't skyrocket making their crops worth next to nothing.
I'm not 100% if this ever happened and I have no idea if it is a current practice.

Yes, I understand all that. It was intentional hyperbole to demonstrate the point that there are massive amounts of unused or poorly used land which could (should?) be reappropriated. Daniel Suarez writes a lot of good stuff about Holons in his sci-fi novel Daemon; this kind of locally sourced, sustainable living and farming environment is completely viable for even double the current world population - it's just a matter of actually implementing it, which is pretty unlikely given the status quo.

It's hard to find good info on this kind of stuff online, unfortunately, because a lot of it is badly understood and angrily defended nonsense from the hyper-militant activist community... but the concept itself is solid.

I'm starting to feel a little MPD in this thread; we've gone to a lot of weird topics of conversation. ;)

Urimagination
10-03-2013, 09:30 PM
I plan to play from a friday night to sunday. Not in one hit but will be going to the gym (im a gym junkie) so my foods will be.

Red Bull Zero
Protein Shakes
Brown Rice/Tuna
Stake/Veg

MoikPEI
10-04-2013, 06:01 AM
>brown rice & tuna
*brofist*
Filet or canned tuna? I mainly stick with Clover Leaf canned tuna (it tastes a bit saltier than others). But every now and then I go down the street to a sushi place for some take-out tuna sashimi and then give it a quick butter grilling at home. Sooo good!

ericsche21
10-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Brown rice?!?!? Open your eyes sheeple and stop listening to the intellecto-fascist scientists. We all know that brown rice is melting our polar ice caps. Read more at www.geocities.com/brownriceisbad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)

To actually contribute to the thread, I'll probably spend the weekend cooking up some food to freeze so I don't have to cook during the week, so homemade pasta sauce and meatballs, chili, maybe throw a pork butt on the smoker and have pulled pork.

Showsni
10-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Brown rice?!?!? Open your eyes sheeple and stop listening to the intellecto-fascist scientists. We all know that brown rice is melting our polar ice caps. Read more at www.geocities.com/brownriceisbad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)

Been a while for me! Congrats. Would listen again. :)

MoikPEI
10-04-2013, 07:42 AM
maybe throw a pork butt on the smoker and have pulled pork.
http://www.peiporktoberfest.ca/

felmare
10-04-2013, 08:47 AM
moik those sandwiches look so dang good.

MoikPEI
10-04-2013, 08:55 AM
You want some good lookin' sandwiches?
http://www.peiburgerlove.ca/
If there's an upside to living in a rural area, it's every restaurant is using fresh food and stuff like these promotions.

Edit: Aw, it doesn't show the other burgers, just the winner... But yeah, anyways, around May or so, same deal as porktoberfest but with burgers.

Vibraxus
10-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Texas does a Beer, bourbon and brisket festival. I MUST go one of these years.

http://jackontheweb.cbslocal.com/beer-bourbon-brisket-festival-2013/

Halfgrin
10-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks MoikPEI. As a dane currently on PEI (stratford 5 mins from charlottetown). I now know what i'll spend the next few weeks eating :D

MoikPEI
10-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Welcome to PEI, and our apologies for being boooooring in the winter!

ossuary
10-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Ah, Halfgrin, you should make a stop at the Old Triangle in Charlottetown and have their curry & chips, if you haven't already. It's not to be missed. :)

Halfgrin
10-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Welcome to PEI, and our apologies for being boooooring in the winter!

Thank you. My gf lives here so didn't exactly come here for the weather ;) Were here in the summer too, wish summer had lasted a little longer. Will need to taste all of those pulled pork sandwiches, preferably while playing HEX!

Halfgrin
10-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Ah, Halfgrin, you should make a stop at the Old Triangle in Charlottetown and have their curry & chips, if you haven't already. It's not to be missed. :)

I'll put it on my list for sure, frankly not gotten around much in town. Though did have some deep-fried mars-bars and obviously plenty of poutin ;)

MoikPEI
10-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Oh man, the Old Triangle. Pan-fried Haddock & Chips is also epic good.
Pretty much anywhere in Charlottetown is good to eat at since we have the Culinary Institute feeding cordon bleu/rouge chefs into the workforce.

ursa23
10-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Moik, we went to PEI on our honeymoon and loved Charlottetown. As a beer fan, I had to get a growler from the only brewpub on the island. It has a place of prominence on my mantle.

MoikPEI
10-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Do you mean the Gahan?
Which kind did you get?
Everyone I know pretty much sticks to the Red Amber and the IPA.

ursa23
10-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Absolutely the Gahan. It was four years ago, but as I recall it was a raspberry beer. On the same trip we went to the racetrack at county fair time. Poutine and harness racing, it doesn't get any better. Ooh! Gotta get some poutine for alpha!

origosis
10-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Aldi's

-Fake Digorno Pizza $3.50 each
-Fake Rock Star $0.99 each
-Fake Doritos $1.39 each
-Nut Party Mix $6.99 (Nuts ain't cheap)
-and my buddies on Raidcall

MoikPEI
10-04-2013, 02:08 PM
-and my buddies on Raidcall
I feel bad that I've neglected to mention such an essential supply this whole time.

- Uncle Ben's Bistro Express
- Canada Dry Cranberry Ginger Ale
- The TUC Alpha Tests Spreadsheet
- The TUC Bug Squashing Team
- Maybe Some Brownies

Truhls
10-04-2013, 03:01 PM
I feel bad that I've neglected to mention such an essential supply this whole time.

- Uncle Ben's Bistro Express
- Canada Dry Cranberry Ginger Ale
- The TUC Alpha Tests Spreadsheet
- The TUC Bug Squashing Team
- Maybe Some Brownies
that ginger ale is awesome. Recently freddies came out with a really cheap lemon lime soda with cranberry in it, that has a very good sweet after taste like the ale.

Thrawn
10-04-2013, 07:52 PM
My computer and whatever I normally keep around it. It's an alpha, it's likely to be buggy, laggy, up and down and wiped repeatedly. Not even remotely worth poop-socking over.

katkillad
10-04-2013, 08:50 PM
>brown rice & tuna
*brofist*
Filet or canned tuna? I mainly stick with Clover Leaf canned tuna (it tastes a bit saltier than others). But every now and then I go down the street to a sushi place for some take-out tuna sashimi and then give it a quick butter grilling at home. Sooo good!

Wait...you specifically go to a sushi restaurant for take out tuna sashimi and then you take it home and cook it? This is the worst food travesty i've read in this thread on so many levels.

Gwaer
10-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Wait...you specifically go to a sushi restaurant for take out tuna sashimi and then you take it home and cook it? This is the worst food travesty i've read in this thread on so many levels.
Agreed.

Baigan
10-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Two bags of Craisins, a box popcorn, and some coconut milk.

I am stocked up.

MoikPEI
10-04-2013, 09:17 PM
What's weirdest about it, in my opinion, is that tuna is fished where I live... but I can't get fresh cuts any other way. Sushi shops and international buyers clear out the docks every time. The grocery store chains don't even bother sending people.

keroko
10-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Do any of you get calamari steaks where you are? I've only ever had them once and it was quite unlike the ultra-fried tentacle part (also yum and ever so much fun to eat a hydra.. I'll go to some cold hell for thinking that heh)

Zarien
10-06-2013, 09:09 AM
I'll likely partake of my typical diet with the addition of a few energy drinks and a chosen sweet. I'm always game for some chocolate covered gummy bears if I can find them in time.

MoikPEI
10-07-2013, 09:20 AM
>Go to grocery store to grab a lunch
>Coke products, tortilla chips, and shredded cheeses are 75% off
Gaw dammit, Sobeys. People were already making fun of my food choices and now I'm gonna spend a week on Mountain Dew and Nachos. So cliché. They need to put hummus and carrots on sale.

YourOpponent
10-07-2013, 10:35 AM
I'll celebrate with a pizza, wings, and a cinnapie. Then when it goes lives THEN I will be taking a few days off and do the real celebrating...while teaching people to fear my name :)

cuscus
10-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Let's see... liquid plastic cement, flush cutters, x-acto knife and clamps.

Once I finish this company of 15mm shermans then I'll have the table space to drag out and dust off a windows laptop so I can download the thing, hope the servers are stable enough to make my account and then pack it all away until the weekend when I can actually leave the laptop out for more than an hour or two.

Oh and green tea. Lots of green tea.

mudkip
10-07-2013, 01:30 PM
>Go to grocery store to grab a lunch
>Coke products, tortilla chips, and shredded cheeses are 75% off
Gaw dammit, Sobeys. People were already making fun of my food choices and now I'm gonna spend a week on Mountain Dew and Nachos. So cliché. They need to put hummus and carrots on sale.
You should go to Whole Foods.

Madican
10-07-2013, 01:59 PM
You should go to Whole Foods.

Maybe when they drop their prices and carry something edible.

Also I'm not stocking up for Alpha because come on, it's Alpha. It's going to be here for a long time. The biggest thing to do when it drops is assemble decks and figure out the metagame, which is going to be changing extremely rapidly.

MoikPEI
10-07-2013, 02:37 PM
>Whole Foods
>Prince Edward Island, Canada
Nope. :/
The closest Whole Foods is in another country (Maine).

saffamike
10-07-2013, 02:48 PM
On a raw food vegan mission at the moment (for health reasons) so probably freshly pressed juice and dried fruit, berries and nuts. Boring I know!

Pick up some fresh Medjool dates at Whole Foods if you can. Well worth it.

Ashenor
10-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Crossfit when i get home after work, dinner then some Alpha tonight. No need for special snacks or energy drinks for me :).