PDA

View Full Version : Guild Name & Creation

Shadowspawn
09-30-2013, 12:51 PM
One of the Kickstarter rewards is (verbatim):

Early Alpha access with name reservation, guild creation.

I couldn't see where this had been asked/posted anywhere, but is there any insight into the "guid creation" aspect yet? I have seen no info on it, and if this is to be left out of Alpha, then we need some kind of clarification to align with the Kickstarter expectations.

Again, apologies if this has been asked previously.

Xenavire
09-30-2013, 12:54 PM
One of the Kickstarter rewards is (verbatim):

Early Alpha access with name reservation, guild creation.

I couldn't see where this had been asked/posted anywhere, but is there any insight into the "guid creation" aspect yet? I have seen no info on it, and if this is to be left out of Alpha, then we need some kind of clarification to align with the Kickstarter expectations.

Again, apologies if this has been asked previously.

From what we know we will get the guild name reservations when the feature rolls out. When is a big question, but they implied that it would be before Alpha was over (which fits.)

Don't know how robust things will be though.

Shadowelf
09-30-2013, 01:03 PM
This was answered by Cory last week

Guild names are later, that will be part of Beta / PVE launch

Shadowspawn
09-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Ok, I was starting to guess as much. It is starting to feel like the development of the game wasnt' as far along as the KS video led me to believe. Still a strong supporter, I just hope we get a full Beta launch within a reasonable time frame (Q1 2014).

Aradon
09-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Q1 2014 seems pretty reasonable and within their intentions, Shadowspawn. I think they said the new time frame for Alpha was 'a few months,' but I have no link. You are correct that development has been slower than they desired, hence the delays for the Alpha & Beta, but it's not exactly unusual among many companies at this point.

I'm glad guild creation is going to come in a later patch, since we'll have staggered entry to the Alpha. Would hate to see guild names get sniped by unfair advantage.

Shadowspawn
10-01-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm glad guild creation is going to come in a later patch, since we'll have staggered entry to the Alpha. Would hate to see guild names get sniped by unfair advantage.

That should have been one of the benefits of staggered entry - less competition on your guild name. Given the wording of the KS reward, it implied they were to be simultaneous with character name reservation. Again, just a bit disappointing. I know how development plans change and get rearranged in the thick of things.

Sholynyk
10-01-2013, 07:17 AM
I think their development track was based on the $300,000 budget they intended to gain from kickstarter. however they received the funding to do more. . .a lot more. . .while they gained the money to accomplish this they did not gain a mini pocket dimension outside of the time space continuum to do that extra work without adding in more time. Even with hiring more people extra stuff takes more time. . and they got a lot of extra stuff. . .