PDA

View Full Version : [HexTCGPro] Exclusive Preview card 1 of 2: Gearsmith

jtatta
10-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Hello everyone!

Today, John shares with everyone Gearsmith, an exclusive preview card. You see the card and what John thinks of it right below!

http://hextcgpro.com/?p=1246

houjix
10-01-2013, 12:58 PM
I love it. The Dwarf/Artifact deck they had at NACC was pretty fun. Vulcannon comboing out for the win was cool. First deck I'm building when Alpha hits.

jtatta
10-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Have to agree with you. Absolutely love this card and the potential for Artifact decks that it creates. Can't wait to assemble the Volcannon!

Shadowelf
10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Good job on the preview

Definately a nice and much needed addition to artifact heavy decks

Kroan
10-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Very nice addition to the dwarf/artifact deck. I love these kind of cards :D

Aradon
10-01-2013, 01:23 PM
I need to playtest it some, but I think this will find a slot in my raid deck. With Ebonrock, he'll be able to pull up any troop, and acting as a free artifact himself (since he'll reduce the cost of the next troop) has some pretty potent play going for it. I wish either of his pieces were helmet, though. Still looking for some good equipment to fill the head slot.

Anyways, I loved Faerie Mechanist (2/2 flier for 4 that did the same effect, looking at top 4) and I think this makes a pretty sweet comparison.

ShadHex
10-01-2013, 01:31 PM
I love this card and I plan to put it in my dwarf artifact deck. Think about this:

Turn 1: Play Gearsmith (find Droo’s Unstoppable Walker – reduces cost to 4) and reveal Princess Victoria to reduce her cost to 0
Turn 2: Play Tech Genius (reduces Droo’s cost to 3) and any 1 cost artifacts for 0
Turn 3: Play Princess Victoria for 0 then Play Droo (8/8 Crush now with Lifelink) and any 1 cost artifacts for 0
Turn 4: Use charges on Champion to give all my troops Steadfast and attack with Droo (8/8 with Lifelink)

Seems like a really good card at this point in time but only time will tell.

bogycoins
10-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Nice card this one! It's up on http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards&cardid=337 as well ;)

Rycajo
10-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Nice. I loove CZE allowing fansites the opportunity to preview cards like this. Perhaps the daily drip of content can sustain us.

Armies
10-01-2013, 04:58 PM
nice looking card, REALLY Looking forward to the eye of oblivion sounds menacing

funktion
10-01-2013, 06:42 PM
This guy is pretty great. One resource card filtering that also has a body AND an effect to the card you drew... pretty strong.

Sure it's a build around, but it's one that I think many of us will be very happy to build around.

hex_colin
10-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Nice card this one! It's up on http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards&cardid=337 as well ;)

Small detour for this thread...

bogycoins - any chance you can enlighten us as to how to find out the appropriate text string to use with the WordPress plugin for cards such as "Poca, The Conflagrator" and "Te'talca, Orc Gladiator" to get good mouseover links?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming! Also, I love Gearsmith!

Falaris
10-01-2013, 11:12 PM
This is one of my favorite cards previewed so far. An absolute staple in artifact decks

bogycoins
10-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Small detour for this thread...

bogycoins - any chance you can enlighten us as to how to find out the appropriate text string to use with the WordPress plugin for cards such as "Poca, The Conflagrator" and "Te'talca, Orc Gladiator" to get good mouseover links?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming! Also, I love Gearsmith!

You should use the exact name that is displayed in tcgbrowser and make sure you have the updated plugin (1.1). Other than that there should be no problem with names containing commas or quotes.