PDA

View Full Version : PvE Merc/Champion idea

Vibraxus
10-02-2013, 09:33 AM
I havent seen it suggested or mentioned, but what happens to your merc/champ when they lose a battle? This will be unpopular, but I think it would be cool if there were some kind of penalty. Ideas would be:

Lose permanent health point(s) that could be "healed" for gold (Gold sink)
Lose some XP
Equipment being worn at the time gets damaged that can be repaired (gold sink)
Have to play with 1 less card in deck next battle (picked at random by the system)

Just some ideas, and Id not expect every death to have a penalty, but maybe like 1 of 3...just an idea that I think would be fun to add. What say my Hex buddies?

Shadowelf
10-02-2013, 09:40 AM
This is what we know so far;

Whenever you fail to win a battle or are caught in a trap you gain a Death Mark. Death Marks only persist for any given attempt at a dungeon, and once you get three, you’re out, and you will have to start the dungeon again from the beginning. Part of the dungeon’s strategy is deciding when to keep pushing and when to merely sprint for the finish line.

(http://hextcg.com/game/dungeons-raids/)

Vibraxus
10-02-2013, 09:42 AM
This is what we know so far;

Whenever you fail to win a battle or are caught in a trap you gain a Death Mark. Death Marks only persist for any given attempt at a dungeon, and once you get three, you’re out, and you will have to start the dungeon again from the beginning. Part of the dungeon’s strategy is deciding when to keep pushing and when to merely sprint for the finish line.

(http://hextcg.com/game/dungeons-raids/)

Yeah I remember that one. But those are dungeon specific and not a "damage" or whatever to the champion itself. I do like the death mark 3 strikes and your out deal though.

Scammanator
10-02-2013, 09:55 AM
It's not a bad idea, Vibraxus, but I think it goes against the idea of encouraging experimentation. If players get penalties for failing, then they'll be less likely to try new things, and there are WAY too many options available in PvE to do anything but encourage risk-taking.

I'd like to see something like that in a specific dungeon though. Maybe not when you lose (since we already have the three stirke system), but when your opponent accomplishes some sort of secondary objective before you can beat them.

Example: If the shin'hare warlock blocking your path manages to sacrifice five troops to the blood ritual taking place in the dungeon, then your starting health is reduced in future encounters in that dungeon.

houjix
10-02-2013, 10:01 AM
The old Magic PVE game Shandalar had life losses carry over in some of its dungeons. Even if you won, but took damage, the next match in that dungeon would see you start with the health total you ended the last match with. That theme could easily be incoporated into a specific dungeon, meaning a deck with life gain would be important there.

jetah
10-02-2013, 06:09 PM
I'd like this idea for Keeps! Keeps could have different levels, which could be purchased with Gold--more levels your Keeps has the better chance you stand of no one winning, with a max of 4 or 5 levels. (ie you are teleported into the lowest depth of the keep and you fight your way to the top). I'm kind of thinking like Sword Art Online here but 51 levels would be overkill*.

@houjix - I like that too. It would give much needed thought into Health Regeneration.

*Would be awesome of Keeps were a side scroller (aka Contra, Mega Man) and the boss of said level would be your card match.