PDA

View Full Version : [Hex Gamepedia Wiki] Two Exclusive Spoilers.

Patrigan
10-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks to the mighty CZE, we at the Hex Gamepedia Wiki (http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/) have been given the gift of SPOILERS!

Because a wiki isn't very suited for a spoiler article, we've decided to launch the spoilers on gamepedia.com, giving the game another boost in publicity and in the hopes of attracting more players to our wonderful game. You can see the article with the spoilers here:
http://www.gamepedia.com/news/115-exclusive-peek-at-two-hex-tcg-cards

We have already added the two new cards to our evergrowing wiki:
Survival of the Fittest (http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Survival_of_the_Fittest)
Wind Whisperer (http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Wind_Whisperer)

This also gives us the chance to show of one of the strengths of the wiki: We're able to give you strategies and synergies straight from the page of the card itself. Even better, YOU can be an important factor in this. Just press that edit button at the top of the wiki page and start editing in what you think is a great combination with these cards. Or add your strategies to one of the other 328 cards (http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/List_of_all_cards) in the wiki!

Want to become more involved? Gve me a shout through these forums. There's plenty of work left to do to teach all the new and returning players everything that has happened in the past months. The wiki still needs many entries on all PvE information, any information released on sets and plenty of guides and strategies to get any new player going in the world of Entrath. So join us in getting the information out to the masses.

Enjoy the spoilers and more importantly, enjoy the alpha!

Rycajo
10-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the spoilers!

Survival of the Fittest is crazy good. Sure, it requires the player to have a troop, but it sure beats the alternative removal for Wild.

Quasari
10-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Survival of the Fittest dictates one target must be owned by you and the other can be any other target troop. It will synergize well with Genesis Hydra as you can always make it fight with a 1/x you own to grow another head. Depending on how the stack works if you would either end up with a 5/5 or a 6/6 if it's the first time it fought.

Rycajo
10-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Survival of the Fittest dictates one target must be owned by you and the other can be any other target troop. It will synergize well with Genesis Hydra as you can always make it fight with a 1/x you own to grow another head. Depending on how the stack works if you would either end up with a 5/5 or a 6/6 if it's the first time it fought.

Sounds like a good way to get 3-for-1'd.

But you are right, that is totally possible.

Icepick
10-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Survival of the Fittest is cool. Reminds me of Hunt the Weak from Magic, and I always found that pretty useful.

Aradon
10-02-2013, 04:19 PM
I can't believe Survival is a common. I don't want to see even two of those in a draft. It's incredibly complex, and exactly how it plays out is not clear at all. When complexity is the major factor in determining rarity, I would expect this to be a rare.

Big thanks for sharing these, but I can't say I'm really excited about either of these. That's how dem spoilers go, though.

Edit: Sorry, somehow I misread the card. Disregard that, seems legit!

dogmod
10-02-2013, 04:24 PM
I can't believe Survival is a common. I don't want to see even two of those in a draft. It's incredibly complex, and exactly how it plays out is not clear at all. When complexity is the major factor in determining rarity, I would expect this to be a rare.

Big thanks for sharing these, but I can't say I'm really excited about either of these. That's how dem spoilers go, though.

Ha... I had the exact opposite reaction and can't wait to be in wild and draft a few of these. Just goes to show.

Vengus
10-02-2013, 04:26 PM

Nah it makes sense. The removal cards from the other shards like Burn ( Ruby) and Murder (Blood) are common so it makes sense that the removal card for Wild is common aswell.

Aradon
10-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Oh hey, I totally misread the card. I thought it said, "Each troop you control battles a troop," not target troop battles target troop. Yeah, that makes much more sense, easily a reasonable common.

funktion
10-02-2013, 04:33 PM
I absolutely love the artwork on survival!

Rycajo
10-02-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm fairly surprised Survival doesn't require your troop to exhaust. At least it isn't a Quick Action.

funktion
10-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Kinda wonder... if your opponent plays this and tries to kill one of your troops, and in response you murder their guy... does your guy still get +1+1?

I would imagine that the spell would still resolve since it still has at least one legal target, but there are still multiple possibilities with this one. Guess this is one of those situations where having a set of rules would be nice, just so that we can test cards to confirm that they are working as intended by the rules.

Icepick
10-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Kinda wonder... if your opponent plays this and tries to kill one of your troops, and in response you murder their guy... does your guy still get +1+1?

I would imagine that the spell would still resolve since it still has at least one legal target, but there are still multiple possibilities with this one. Guess this is one of those situations where having a set of rules would be nice, just so that we can test cards to confirm that they are working as intended by the rules.

If you consider it exactly as it's written, both troops would get the +1/+1, since neither were dealt lethal damage by the combat. Of course, the Murdered troop would still end up in the graveyard. Though honestly, it seems pretty unlikely it would pan out that way.

Quasari
10-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Sounds like a good way to get 3-for-1'd.

But you are right, that is totally possible.

Well, that is true, but hey, if you can't grow it with any of your enemies troops, that turns your removal into an option for it. Basically it'd be last resort, but running this makes running a hydra easier.

Mokog
10-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Samurai Bunnies vs Lupine Spirit walkers. I am getting Hex flashes of Ninjas vs Pirates.

Aradon
10-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Samurai Bunnies vs Lupine Spirit walkers. I am getting Hex flashes of Ninjas vs Pirates.

Well it's gotta be a dungeon *somewhere*

Erebus
10-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Another application of Survival, is that it doesn't put a restriction on "another troop". That allows a few out of the box plays.

Kraken Guard Mariner -> 2x Genesis Hydra.... now kiss...er fight.

But seriously just with Genesis Hydra alone, the synergy is nice.

Showsni
10-04-2013, 10:30 AM
At the very least, you could make two of your own Battle Hoppers fight each other to get two 1/2s intead of two 0/1s.