PDA

View Full Version : Card Achievements and Experience // Guild Pool

afroats13
10-02-2013, 06:49 PM
IIRC, the guild is going to be able to share cards between members as part of their guild pool. If I am incorrect, then this is a moot post. Otherwise, if I am correct, how are the experience and achievements of each card going to be effected? For example, take the Pack Raptor (http://hextcg.com/double-back/) shown on the Hex TCG website. Let's say I generated 75 copies of the Pack Raptor using a particular copy. However, I switch to mono-ruby and my buddy George wants to run mono-wild with the Pack Raptors, but he would need to borrow the copies of the Pack Raptor from the guild pool. Would any copies he generates using my card affect that acheivement, or does the achievement leveling stop unless the true card owner is using it?

jaxsonbatemanhex
10-02-2013, 06:55 PM
If *I* remember correctly, you submit decklists to the guild vault, which other players can play with/against, or something like that - at no time are you actually giving cards to the guild in that process.

Aradon
10-02-2013, 07:07 PM
The cards you 'check in' to the guild vault are also removed from your collection. They might also just be usable for in-guild PvP matches for playtesting purposes. I would guess that the card gathers experience and achievement credit while in the vault, but we don't really know.

Showsni
10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
We're not sure entirely how the guild bank feature works. They've said that players can put decks into the guild bank for other members of the guild to play, and that guild members can then choose to play other members in the guild by choosing from any deck in the bank to use, and then guild members can attach notes to those decks - like, "This deck is lacking some mid game plays, maybe add more of card X?" or whatever. Cory said you can't just take the cards in the bank and run off with them or anything like that, they stay in the bank. I think we're not quite sure of the uploading process, though; like, do you just enter a decklist to put a deck in the bank? Or do you need to have all the cards and they're removed from your collection whilst the deck is in the bank?

Basically, I suppose you can view it as a playtesting tool to use with your friends.

Aradon
10-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I know in one video Cory clearly said that cards for the guild vault are 'removed from your collection' until you withdraw them. It was associated with the guild decks, so I believe that in order to post a deck list to the guild vault, you need each card in it. The note/comment system seemed really neat, though.

It's worth mentioning that since then, there's been talk about restructuring the guild system to have PvE guilds and PvP teams. We don't really have much information on that.

afroats13
10-02-2013, 08:33 PM
With that being said, if the 4 people in my guild operate under the notion that we are donating all of our cards to the guild vault, aren't we effectively creating a traditional card pool? My understanding, and I wish I could recall which interview with Cory it was, was that any cards donated to the guild pool would be accessible by anyone for any reason, aside from transferring ownership (e.g. trade, sell, post on AH) unless the owner retracted the card for their own use. This would include tournament play. However, if George is using the Pack Raptors for his deck in a tourney at 10am, I can't use them for my deck in my tourney at 10:30. I guess we would just need clarification on if and how this is going to work. I know the thread topic has now morphed a little, but now I am curious/worried since the 4 of us all backed the game operating under this premise. Can anyone locate more efficiently information directly from CZE regarding this?

Corpselocker
10-02-2013, 09:42 PM
The play testing guild deck pool seems like an easy way to internally try out decks with guild mates, but I would suspect that most guilds will prop up a shell account to work as a real guild bank for members to interact with.

If this is against the CzE code, let me know because I'll keep 10 feet from it.

Maphalux
10-02-2013, 10:17 PM
As far as I know the guild card pool was meant to create decks you could playtest with or against. Sort of like running the gauntlet. I don't believe it was ever mentioned that people could check out cards like some sort of community grab bag.

Shadowelf
10-03-2013, 12:56 AM
This is what we know about the guild bank;

3) Guild Bank = Yes, not sure if there will be a common pool to access, but there will be common decks. Let me explain:

Guildies will be able to create decks and put them into the guild bank (I believe there are a limited number of slots). Any guild member will then be able to "check them out" and play them against other guild members (can't play them against non-guild members or in tournaments). Think of this like a "gauntlet" where you put all the best decks in the current format in there, then you and your guildies test out all your decks against the guild decks to see if your strategies are working. We want to make sure deck testing is easy and intuitive for you.

You won't be able to trade the cards in these decks, and the original owner can check them back out for good or just to modify them. Also, only one person can have one of these checked in decks in a game at a time.

Lastly, we are also thinking of some way for guilds to gain the ability to have the top decks of major tournaments populated into their deck repository to play against.

afroats13
10-03-2013, 05:22 AM
Thanks, Shadowelf.... somehow I knew you would be able to locate that information! Thanks to everyone else for their replies as well.

It seems that if the guild bank system follows only that and there are not other changes or features implemented, we will just have to do what we did with our paper TCG cards, which is just hand them over to let someone borrow them and keep track of who has what. This is an "okay" remedy for our guild as it is made up of people we know IRL, so the risk is minimal. I would be interested to see if they would implement a guild pool feature for lending cards, but I have read both pros and cons to doing so thoughout the forums.

Thanks again!

Deciphered
10-03-2013, 05:31 AM
"Lastly, we are also thinking of some way for guilds to gain the ability to have the top decks of major tournaments populated into their deck repository to play against."

That part? That will be amazingly useful for PvP players, testing for tournaments. Features like that are what get me really excited about Hex.

Maphalux
10-03-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm not so sure that will happen anymore because the latest talk was that guilds would be just for PvE and PvP will have 8 man teams. But maybe the 8 mans will have their own gauntlet thingymabob.