PDA

View Full Version : Starter decks in Alpha?

Xtopher
10-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I know we're going to have access to most/all of the cards, but I'm curious if the starter decks will be available in Alpha as well (or the card lists for each deck)? It would be especially good for the novice or new tcg player to get some dueling experience on a basically level playing field.

If not, I'm cool with that.

ossuary
10-02-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't think we have specific word on this yet, except that the current plan is to open up the store at some point during alpha for testing purposes, and give people unlimited platinum, so they can test out the buying interface. It's reasonable to assume that at some point during that process, they would add the starter decks to the store for testing.

That being said, there are decklists on the site from the GenCon articles, so if a newbie really doesn't know where to start building a deck, they could just make one of those and start from there.

Xtopher
10-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Excellent. I've been on a self-imposed spoiler black out, so didn't know about the deck lists. This weekend, though, I plan to do a lot of reading on everything Hex.

Patrigan
10-03-2013, 01:54 AM
That being said, there are decklists on the site from the GenCon articles, so if a newbie really doesn't know where to start building a deck, they could just make one of those and start from there.

I'm actually planning to just start there anyway. make those decks and then play a few games against friends to get the feel.

ossuary
10-03-2013, 04:52 AM
Yeah, it's not a bad idea. Even for players familiar with card games in general or Magic in particular, it's probably wise to get a feel for how the game flows with decks that already work well. And for generally uncreative people, it's a great way to get some inspiration, seeing a good deck in action firsthand. :)

Although personally, I've already got about 7 or 8 concept decks 80% built in my head, just waiting for CZE to open the alpha floodgates and let me in. ;)

hex_colin
10-03-2013, 01:40 PM
I know we're going to have access to most/all of the cards, but I'm curious if the starter decks will be available in Alpha as well (or the card lists for each deck)? It would be especially good for the novice or new tcg player to get some dueling experience on a basically level playing field.

If not, I'm cool with that.

Yes! I don't think this is a big secret... But don't shoot me if one or more of these doesn't make the final cut... IIRC they are: Wild/Blood Shin'hare; Ruby/Blood Orc Aggro (with a side of Burn - so fast...); Diamond/Sapphire Inspire (another nightmare to track manually ); and Artifact/Sapphire Dwarf.

jimmywolf
10-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Excellent. I've been on a self-imposed spoiler black out, so didn't know about the deck lists. This weekend, though, I plan to do a lot of reading on everything Hex.

in case anyone want options or too see others pre made deck with info we have

http://www.hex-datamine.com/decks.php

was site i found after reading random forums an love it! you get too test decks, see draw outcomes, even save your own deck. right now it limited in a sense since hex not in alpha but their be a lot more going on when more cards are shown.

shocker455
10-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Yes! I don't think this is a big secret... But don't shoot me if one or more of these doesn't make the final cut... IIRC they are: Wild/Blood Shin'hare; Ruby/Blood Orc Aggro (with a side of Burn - so fast...); Diamond/Sapphire Inspire (another nightmare to track manually ); and Artifact/Sapphire Dwarf.

All the starter decks are mono colored, expect for one, which i think is a kickstarter exclusive (or so they said during the kickstarter)

keldrin
10-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I agree. the first few games would be nice to try out starter decks, and tinker with them, before making a deck from scratch.
Thank for the info Hex_Colin
And, thanx fo the decks link jimmywolf :D

Aradon
10-03-2013, 03:37 PM
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/my-decks is also a nice deckbuilder tool, if you're looking to try putting together some cards.

Auriok
10-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I trust anssi will make me good deck

Xtopher
10-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the info, Colin. And thanks to those with the deck building links.

hex_colin
10-03-2013, 05:09 PM
All the starter decks are mono colored, expect for one, which i think is a kickstarter exclusive (or so they said during the kickstarter)

These aren't the launch starter decks - they're a starting point for players in Alpha.

Xtopher
10-03-2013, 05:31 PM
That's even better, actually. I was thinking they were the KS starter decks.