PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Preview: Hop'hiro, Samurai

Icepick
10-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Today on Casual Hex, we have an awesome exclusive card preview for you!
I really love this card, so I'm super happy to be the one to reveal it to the world - Hop'hiro, the amazing Shin'hare Samurai!

Check him out here! (http://www.casualhex.co.uk/2013/10/03/exclusive-preview-hophiro-shinhare-samurai/)

Vengus
10-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Nice card, it's possible to build a whole deck around this little guy. Gotta love the fact that he himself can sacrifice troops, you don't even have to combo him with any of the other sacrifice cards. His Warlord effect is darn nasty with all the tokens the Shin'Hare can generate. The only weak points are his low stats and the amount of sacrifices you have to make to get the most out of him.

Rycajo
10-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Very nice card in a deck that plans on sacrificing troops. With him out, runts of the litter eventually becomes removal.

Slish
10-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Damn, you have received a nice card preview. This card is pretty sick, in looks and originality I mean at least. I don't know about the power of the card, seems pretty good too?

jtatta
10-03-2013, 07:51 AM
This card.

I could write an entire article about this card alone and I feel like you did an excellent job talking about it. First of all, the art is incredible. Moving on from that, the card is extremely good. It's the one-drop that Shin'hare decks are looking for to not have to play with 0/1 Rage bunny. Also makes Wretched Brood MUCH more appealing. It rewards you for doing something that you'd likely actively be trying to do anyway.

I could go on and on but this is one of my favorite cards to date and one that I think will see quite a bit of play in all formats.

hex_colin
10-03-2013, 08:59 AM
This is my favorite of all of the community spoilers so far... I can definitely see myself disappearing down the rabbit hole in my first couple of decks...

Also, I'm sure Will will share the picture at some point, but I may have been play testing a paper version of the Shin'hare Alpha Starter Deck last night and it was CHAOS - proof positive that this stuff only really works in a digital format... ;)

HyenaNipples
10-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Suuuper cool card!

Juve
10-03-2013, 09:38 AM
i wonder if every color will have card like this

Vengus
10-03-2013, 10:07 AM
i wonder if every color will have card like this
Other colors have cards that transform into different cards aswell, but I doubt they will have the exact same effect. :p

Dralon
10-03-2013, 10:27 AM
My natural affinity for combos, loves the transform cards in this game. This guy adds a ton of fun factor for me!

Juve
10-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Other colors have cards that transform into different cards aswell, but I doubt they will have the exact same effect. :p

I was concerned about whether in set 1, all colors will have the transform power

Icepick
10-03-2013, 10:34 AM
This is my favorite of all of the community spoilers so far... I can definitely see myself disappearing down the rabbit hole in my first couple of decks...

Also, I'm sure Will will share the picture at some point, but I may have been play testing a paper version of the Shin'hare Alpha Starter Deck last night and it was CHAOS - proof positive that this stuff only really works in a digital format... ;)

Oh, so they are including pre-built decks with the alpha then?
Anyway yeah, I really like this card a lot, probably my second favourite, next to the Mushwocky of course :D

hex_colin
10-03-2013, 10:35 AM
I was concerned about whether in set 1, all colors will have the transform power

Well, we've seen transformation examples in Ruby, Diamond, Artifact, Blood, and now Wild. Wracking my brain for a Sapphire example... Cosmic Transmogrifier perhaps? Just go to http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards.php and search for "transform" to see all of the examples.

Maphalux
10-03-2013, 10:35 AM
This is the very first Shin'hare card I can actually say that I like.

hex_colin
10-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Oh, so they are including pre-built decks with the alpha then?

Indeed! I don't think this is a big secret... But don't shoot me if one or more of these doesn't make the final cut... IIRC they are: Wild/Blood Shin'hare; Ruby/Blood Orc Aggro (with a side of Burn - so fast...); Diamond/Sapphire Inspire (another nightmare to track manually ;)); and Artifact/Sapphire Dwarf.

Icepick
10-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Indeed! I don't think this is a big secret... But don't shoot me if one or more of these doesn't make the final cut... IIRC they are: Wild/Blood Shin'hare; Ruby/Blood Orc Aggro (with a side of Burn - so fast...); Diamond/Sapphire Inspire (another nightmare to track manually ;)); and Artifact/Sapphire Dwarf.

Hah, awesome. I just assumed (rather baselessly) that they wouldn't bother, but I guess giving a new played multiple copies of 350+ cards and telling them to go nuts would be a little overwhelming.

keroko
10-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Rly like the art... Mouth shape.

Would be nice to see flavor change with xforming cards like this and shadowelf's icon one etc.