PDA

View Full Version : Reginald Lancashire: Exclusive Reveal - Threshold Podcast Article

OutlandishMatt
10-03-2013, 09:50 AM
http://www.thresholdpodcast.com/reginald-lancashire-exclusive-reveal/

Reginald Lancashire.

“Hello. My name is Reginald Lancashire. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”

HyenaNipples
10-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Man they were saving all the coolest stuff for last!

Estar1
10-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Wow. works well with the red howling mine. Though never play Relentless Corruption with this card or you could destroy yourself lol.

funktion
10-03-2013, 10:06 AM
WTF!!!! HE DESTROYS YOU! Best card text ever, not "you lose the game"... nope... "he destroys you"

I'm gonna be thinking that all day long now. Hopefully I don't say it out loud at work while someone is nearby.

Armies
10-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Hello My name is Reginald Lancashire you killed my father prepare to be destroyed! and if that fails I will just draw more ragefires with the extra card draw!

Vengus
10-03-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't understand what they mean with "he destroys you", clearly he doesn't end the match otherwise you wouldn't have to draw 3 cards afterwards.

Chiany
10-03-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't understand what they mean with "he destroys you", clearly he doesn't end the match otherwise you wouldn't have to draw 3 cards afterwards.

There may be formats/dungeons/raids where you play against multiple opponents at once.

Dralon
10-03-2013, 10:23 AM
OH, too fun!

Daer
10-03-2013, 10:24 AM

After he deals combat damage to the opponent you shuffle him into the opponents deck, when the opponent draws him they lose the game.

You each draw the 3 cards after you shuffle him into the deck.

Xenavire
10-03-2013, 10:25 AM
The card draw is after shuffling him into the opponents deck, giving a chance to autokill them.

hex_colin
10-03-2013, 10:30 AM
The card draw is after shuffling him into the opponents deck, giving a chance to autokill them.

Exactly... and when your opponent draws him they really do lose the game!

dogmod
10-03-2013, 10:32 AM
I calculate that he has a ~13% chance to win you the game outright on turn 4/5 if he connects in a draft game.

The thing that some of you are missing is that he has to be drawn to "destroy you". As in he gets put into the deck, then once the opponent draws him, he destroys them. Thus the card draw.

Edit: I was triple beaten to the punch

Icepick
10-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Hahah, this guy is so cool! Best name ever.
The effect here is great too - I'm starting to wonder if I should splash some Ruby in my planned mill deck to stick a few copies of him in.
What's interesting is that he's Unique, but he quickly removes himself from the battlefield, so in theory you could have 4 copies of him floating around in your opponent's deck.

dogmod
10-03-2013, 10:35 AM
What would be more awesome is running this card in a mirror match. Everytime you draw him you wonder if it was your opponents or your own. The tension ;o

hitchslap88
10-03-2013, 10:35 AM
That's what I was thinking, Icepick. I wonder if the opponent's deck is counted as an extension of the battlefield as far as legendaries are concerned? I doubt it.

Maphalux
10-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Wow, I can't believe this is a PvP card. LOL Very cool and insane card.

Vengus
10-03-2013, 10:58 AM
After he deals combat damage to the opponent you shuffle him into the opponents deck, when the opponent draws him they lose the game.

You each draw the 3 cards after you shuffle him into the deck.
Even more insane then, looks like Ruby/Sapphire mill is a viable strat.

jtatta
10-03-2013, 11:01 AM
What. This card is wacky.

My first thought was that the card was insane but the more I think about it, the worse it gets. 3/3 for three is perfectly fine but having to connect to do anything at all isn't too great. Add to that he gets removed from play and it's a double whammy. His effect is clearly powerful but I think it might be a bit too random for serious play.

Pretty awesome card though flavor wise.

Vengus
10-03-2013, 11:21 AM

My first thought was that the card was insane but the more I think about it, the worse it gets. 3/3 for three is perfectly fine but having to connect to do anything at all isn't too great. Add to that he gets removed from play and it's a double whammy. His effect is clearly powerful but I think it might be a bit too random for serious play.

I was thinking the same thing but with the destruction and some control Ruby has it should be easier than it looks to get a shot at the champion.

Xenavire
10-03-2013, 11:32 AM

A clever player can do some interesting things with this card those. From forcing trades or forcing chump blocks, to getting through because the opponent thinks it is worth the card draw... This is a good card. Figuring out the best way to use it is going to be a journey, but I can see it slotting into several top tier decks.

Oh, and it should be fairly broken in legacy - any kind of win-con like this will get better and better as more cards come.

And I have to say, Ruby has that new mana card - this can drop on turn 2. Not many decks will have answers that early, and even if they do, they are forced to play it, so you can even use him as a lure.

Droool.

Derringer
10-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I dislike the auto-win. If it read something like, "Reginald does 10 damage to you and goes to his owner's graveyard," I would feel this is more balanced. Or if it had a higher casting cost or 4 or 5.
As it is, this card is more or less a giant target for removal; as soon as this gets played, somebody is dropping an inner conflict or a murder, or chump blocking the rest of the game. I just this being dropped too early with too strong an ability.

It might end up in a banned list for constructed? Maybe? Thoughts?

Xenavire
10-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I dislike the auto-win. If it read something like, "Reginald does 10 damage to you and goes to his owner's graveyard," I would feel this is more balanced. Or if it had a higher casting cost or 4 or 5.
As it is, this card is more or less a giant target for removal; as soon as this gets played, somebody is dropping an inner conflict or a murder, or chump blocking the rest of the game. I just this being dropped too early with too strong an ability.

It might end up in a banned list for constructed? Maybe? Thoughts?

If it was within range of burn, I would say no chance. But at 3 defence, it might just hit the ban lists.

Still, very situational - it isn't an "I win card", its a "I might win if you draw a lot or I can mill you" card. It is still incredible, but it would take a special deck in constructed to make it worth playing, and if it is that centralising for that deck, the win-con swaps from one thing to another. So it wouldn't really be helping that much.

The real danger is giving an accidental win to aggro. But they might not like losing board advantage for a 'possibility' to autowin.

Its an enigma of a card, so I think the real danger will be in legacy, not constructed. Draft/sealed, it could possibly dangerous too.

Falaris
10-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I am definitely not a fan of random generator auto-wins. Flavorful card, but meh

bwarner
10-04-2013, 01:37 PM
If Reginald has invaded my opponent's deck, and then I use Relentless Corruption and end up drawing him, who does he destroy?

Erebus
10-04-2013, 02:17 PM
The RAW logic says you are destroyed.