PDA

View Full Version : when will slacker backer end? will we be notifies beforehand?

Purpherb
10-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Just wondering if there was ever any news on when slacke backer will end. I am going to back it to get into alpha, but since I will be let into the alpha last I was just going to wait until I got paid again on the 10th. So will slackerbacker end right when alpha starts or will it continue until release?

Skirovik
10-03-2013, 10:30 PM
We have no word just yet on when Slacker Backer will end.

I think the general assumption is that it will last for at least some time into the Alpha so waiting until the 10th should be fine. That said, don't take my word as law as there has been no confirmation one way or the other.

keldrin
10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Yeah, a lot of people speculate it will exist through closed Beta. But, I'm confident it will be through Alpha.
Although, there's been nothing specified. I would think they will mention it coming to a end, in some kind of update, before it happens.
Heck, they mentioned in a update during kickstarter that the Grand Kings where selling out.

jetah
10-04-2013, 01:02 AM
Today we should have an update on KS, there might be something in there about slacker backer.

Updates are around 3:30pm cdt/1pm PDT

dogmod
10-04-2013, 02:00 AM
I don't know why everyone expects slacker backer to be available after alpha starts.. I don't know of many alphas that allow you to just buy in at any time, especially with an improved cost benefit over regular pricing. If I was a news site I would buy up some slacker backers to give away on streams and the like.

Shadowelf
10-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Well i feel that if the Slacker Backer was to stop being offered with Alpha's release, we would have been informed by now. I don't think that they purposely left it to be announced the last few days, so there is a good chance that it will be offered past Alpha's release.

Soul-of-Void
10-04-2013, 02:30 AM
We could assume they annouce ~1 month before alfa end the slacker backer will be gone. Then Closed beta starts that could last month and after that Open Beta begins with all ks rewards given to us.
Or maybe today we will get some info about that.

HyenaNipples
10-04-2013, 04:53 AM
I would think that there might be a need to stop it if Alpha membership numbers get out of hand. Then again, I'm not sure regarding the sales numbers on a F2P game, but $50 might be at or above the predicted average investment of casuals. Meanwhile non-casuals won't be dissuaded by the problems associated with an Alpha-stage play experience. Keeping Slacker Backer going till release might just be good business sense.

jimmywolf
10-04-2013, 05:28 AM
I would think that there might be a need to stop it if Alpha membership numbers get out of hand. Then again, I'm not sure regarding the sales numbers on a F2P game, but $50 might be at or above the predicted average investment of casuals. Meanwhile non-casuals won't be dissuaded by the problems associated with an Alpha-stage play experience. Keeping Slacker Backer going till release might just be good business sense.

well said an i agree

their not having a NDA on alpha too encourage more people wanting too play alpha, an buy into hex. slacker backer is a reward for showing support ealry versus waiting an see how it goes.

just as kickstater was a reward for helping them get this far. even after it launch, am sure their be some form of a bundle too help those that waited but want something more then $10 starter deck get something.

Svenn
10-04-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't know why everyone expects slacker backer to be available after alpha starts.. I don't know of many alphas that allow you to just buy in at any time, especially with an improved cost benefit over regular pricing. If I was a news site I would buy up some slacker backers to give away on streams and the like.
Quite a few games allow you to buy in to the "alpha/beta". It's not that uncommon. The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot and Scrolls come to mind as ones doing it right now. Hex is already doing it... why stop it just because the Alpha has launched?

zadies
10-04-2013, 11:56 AM
They will hopeful clarify it with today's update.

jetah
10-04-2013, 04:06 PM
it's still available. they'll let us know when they are going to stop it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/618987?ref=activity

Zarien
10-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Yeah, they aren't sure of when it will end, but they said they would let us know beforehand when they intend to end the slacker backer deal. I imagine it will still be a little while before they decide to close it still though.

Shadowelf
10-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah, they aren't sure of when it will end, but they said they would let us know beforehand when they intend to end the slacker backer deal. I imagine it will still be a little while before they decide to close it still though.

Since you're out there helping other gamers see how much fun HEX is and how great the community is, we don't want your friends to be left out. So, we're keeping Slacker Backer available during the alpha and when we eventually take it down sometime in the future, we'll give people a heads-up so anybody on the fence about joining can get in before that window closes.

(update #49 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

So it is right to assume that SB will be offered at least as long as Alpha access is relevant..

jetah
10-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I'll toss out a guess right now that SB will be available till launch.

Daer
10-06-2013, 09:55 AM
I'll guess that it ends at open beta.