PDA

View Full Version : Update - October 4th

Shaqattaq
10-04-2013, 02:22 PM
This is a repost of the Kickstarter update for October 4th.

http://hextcg.com/update-october-4th/

Icepick
10-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Oh god I hope that animal herd art is for an Overwhelming Stampede card!

Jinxies
10-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Nice to see a summary of all the exclusive spoilers I had missed a few of them :3

Daer
10-04-2013, 02:36 PM
I am excite.

rwmwaffle
10-04-2013, 03:02 PM
I was really hoping for more info on how they plan on gating access to the Alpha. We know that GKs and up are getting in first, which is roughly 1,000 people but what then? If everything goes smoothly will all the $250 pledges get their invites that day? The next day? considering there are roughly 5,000 $250 pledges (not counting multiple tier pledges) will only half get in right away? Should everyone expect to get in by the end of the day or week? I know a lot of this is dependent on how the servers handle the initial load but they must have some sort of plan and I feel like they have been keeping things a bit close to the vest during this whole process.

Shadowelf
10-04-2013, 03:11 PM
I was really hoping for more info on how they plan on gating access to the Alpha. We know that GKs and up are getting in first, which is roughly 1,000 people but what then? If everything goes smoothly will all the $250 pledges get their invites that day? The next day? considering there are roughly 5,000 $250 pledges (not counting multiple tier pledges) will only half get in right away? Should everyone expect to get in by the end of the day or week? I know a lot of this is dependent on how the servers handle the initial load but they must have some sort of plan and I feel like they have been keeping things a bit close to the vest during this whole process.

As an example: if we let in 500 people day one, 1000 day two, and the server is handling it no problem, we could go 5000 day three and the rest day four, but this is all based on server performance.

(update #47 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

It appears that access will be granted on a daily basis

On Monday, we're going to create an Alpha subforum in the HEX section of the Cryptozoic forums.You'll want to check that forum post for any information on alpha such as: any potential delays on the alpha client release, when we've sent out group invites to the alpha, scheduled downtime, updates to the client, patch notes, and anything else that falls under the "Alpha" umbrella. You can also follow the HEXTCG Twitter for any update news, announcements, or messages.

(update #49 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

As for further updates you won't have to wait till next Friday; they are creating a subforum for Alpha, and we may even have further news on Monday

MoikPEI
10-04-2013, 06:41 PM
I noticed the update said theire will be an in-client reporting system. Will there be a guide as to what constitutes a reportable bug?

Ex:
- Game crashes when using multi-touch inputs on Win8 tablets. Reportable if it happens?
- Various Time Bug infinite-turn exploits?
- UI alignment issues?

keroko
10-04-2013, 07:27 PM
I need clarification on what I cannot test with respect to client server transaction dynamics.

Daer
10-04-2013, 08:11 PM
How about you just play the game?

Ginaz
10-04-2013, 08:36 PM
How about you just play the game?

There is no need to be upset.:p

Ginaz
10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
As an example: if we let in 500 people day one, 1000 day two, and the server is handling it no problem, we could go 5000 day three and the rest day four, but this is all based on server performance.

(update #47 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

It appears that access will be granted on a daily basis

On Monday, we're going to create an Alpha subforum in the HEX section of the Cryptozoic forums.You'll want to check that forum post for any information on alpha such as: any potential delays on the alpha client release, when we've sent out group invites to the alpha, scheduled downtime, updates to the client, patch notes, and anything else that falls under the "Alpha" umbrella. You can also follow the HEXTCG Twitter for any update news, announcements, or messages.

(update #49 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts)

As for further updates you won't have to wait till next Friday; they are creating a subforum for Alpha, and we may even have further news on Monday

Ha! This works out great for me if this is the case. I won't be able to play on 08 Oct. anyway as I'll be shooting on the range all day and won't be getting home until around 9pm, at which time I'll probably just go to bed. Next weekend, however, is Thanksgiving here so its a long weekend plus the extra day I'm taking off so 4 day weekend for me. I plan on playing much Hex...when its up and running.

EmraldArcher
10-04-2013, 09:56 PM
You couldn't make the links to the fansite spoilers clickable?

Is the tap symbol on Carrion Ooze a new symbol or a new one? I like it much better then the one I've seen recently.

Survival of the Fittest is my new favorite card. So awesome in PvE with the equipment.

Icepick
10-05-2013, 03:49 AM

Is the tap symbol on Carrion Ooze a new symbol or a new one? I like it much better then the one I've seen recently.

Survival of the Fittest is my new favorite card. So awesome in PvE with the equipment.

Oh, sheesh. Yeah, please make those links clickable!

Shadowelf
10-05-2013, 05:05 AM

Oh, sheesh. Yeah, please make those links clickable!

I bet they will fix it once they get the time; meanwhile you can use the ones from the KS update-they are clickable

update #49 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts

Svenn
10-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Have you/when did you gather the emails for our accounts? I changed my emails around after last update (so I could try and get at least 1 of the accounts on the right email address from the start). Is that going to work or did you guys already have the emails saved?

keroko
10-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Expecting everyone here to be 100% civilized and not ninja names of each other here if given option to set in alpha (dunno if we're getting a 'user123abc' type acct or we set names at this stage)

We can expect a level of maturity amongst us at this stage, yes?

arastor
10-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Expecting everyone here to be 100% civilized and not ninja names of each other here if given option to set in alpha (dunno if we're getting a 'user123abc' type acct or we set names at this stage)

We can expect a level of maturity amongst us at this stage, yes?

You're new to the internet, aren't you? :p

Although now that I think about it, an incidental benefit of going from the top down on pledges means that we're less likely to have name ninja'ing early on. I doubt many people who have spent $500+ will permanently set their account name just to spite someone on the internet whom they've never met.

MoikPEI
10-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Some of the people who spent $500+ did so with multiple pledge tiers and will have extra accounts they can name whatever.

/tinfoil hat

mydragoon
10-06-2013, 10:37 PM
i can't wait for alpha...

i'll just be... playing the game and gloating and boasting about it to my non-backer friends. ;)