PDA

View Full Version : Once hex is out, where will you spend your hex time?

shocker455
10-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Once hex is released, what type of player will you mainly be, pvp constructed, pvp limited, or pve? Of course everyone is probably gonna spend time doing all 3 but people tend to spend most there hex time in 1-2.

I'm gonna be a limited player, probably drafting 5 times a week even after my kick starter resources run dry.

Lazybum
10-06-2013, 05:42 PM
when i played mtg i never played anything serious always like playing against friends and such. im more interested in the pve side of the game being the dungeons and raids. being a grand king i do have a free draft a week, so i will use that but i may end up opening all my packs instead of drafting with them.

Aradon
10-06-2013, 05:43 PM
I'll be playing PvE most of the time. It's a good place to try out wacky decks, jank decks just for fun, or even brutally oppressive decks that you should feel bad playing against other humans :P

Except for the free drafts, of course. I do plan on playing a fair amount of limited. PvP constructed will represent a very small portion of my playtime, I think.

havocattack
10-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Very much looking forward to drafting, but after watching the pve panel and reading about pve, I am really excited for that also, can't wait to raid with mates :)

jetah
10-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Are you talking about Alpha or Release?

Alpha is pvp only. with new items being added in.

At Release (or when everything is in and KS rewards are out) I'll probably do PvE. Once I get the hang of the game, I'll try PvP a couple of times.

MoikPEI
10-06-2013, 06:19 PM
PvE on weeknights, draft on weekends.

elfstone
10-06-2013, 06:25 PM
For me with the pro player Im focusing on limited PVP and PVE. I never did like constructed in MTG because I could never compete with all those psychos who spend 2000$ a month on cards. This time around im here from the start so I might actually find constructed fun! :)
Only time will tell :)

TheGateKeeper
10-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Id say about 90% of my time will go to PvP, probably mostly constructed. PvE will eat up little of my time, maybe just inbetween Qs or when Im my tablet waiting at a doctors appointment or something.

Skirovik
10-06-2013, 06:30 PM
It's the PVE that got me into the Kickstarter, so PVE is where I'll be spending most of my time. Of course, as others have mentioned, with the free drafts, I'll be doing that as well, just not as much as the PVE. I have a few RL friends who bought into the KS and an amazing guild so I'll probably spend a lot of time raiding. :D

Svenn
10-06-2013, 07:59 PM
I'll probably do a good mix of all 3. I would love to do mostly Limited for PvP, but I'll probably stick to my one a week from Pro and one a month from VIP mainly... though that depends on how hard it'll be to get platinum to pay for the draft fees through trading. I'll split my time between PvP and PvE pretty even at first, then who knows. It really depends on what my friends are doing.

Chiany
10-06-2013, 08:00 PM
I like PVP more then PVE, although I will spend a lot of time on both.
My favorite is PVP Limited.

knightofeffect
10-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Very much looking forward to drafting, but after watching the pve panel and reading about pve, I am really excited for that also, can't wait to raid with mates :)

Wow Havoc... that is exactly what I was going to say. Limited PvP is my thing, but the DragonCon PvE panel I attended got me unexpectedly excited for PvE.

dodecapod
10-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Constructed for me. I love the serious competitiveness and creativity that goes into this type of competition.

dredcrow
10-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Mostly PvE with some drafting once or twice a week. I'll check out the Constructed scene as well but I expect I'll be more creative than competitive.

Mr.Funsocks
10-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Nagging people in IRC to challenge me probably ;) Since it's always more fun to play with someone you know, and there won't be matchmaking when Alpha hits, I'll have to bully people into playing with me!

Banquetto
10-06-2013, 10:15 PM
PvE mostly, I expect. In my experience, no matter how much I initially enjoy a straight-up PvP game, I get bored of it very quickly due to repetition and lack of variety (every match plays out pretty much like every match).

So based on past history.. a bit of PvP now and then but 90%+ PvE.

mudkip
10-06-2013, 10:30 PM
PvE most of the time, but I'll use drafts to open the majority of my Kickstater packs.

Ghost
10-06-2013, 10:46 PM
I'll be on Hearthstone lol

DisOrd3r
10-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Constructed on release, drafting when it gets released

Commoble
10-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Draft doesn't really sound like something that floats my boat, so I'll be sticking to PVE and non-tournament constructed PVP.

Soul-of-Void
10-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Draft free once a week maybe more if realy like it, some PVE for sure, most of my time will take constructed probably .

Simo46
10-06-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm all for constructed, I'm absolutely jumping out of my skin to have a TCG that I can actually play regularly and not sell a kidney to need to play. I'm very keen to get the most value out of my packs and I'm also intrigued by the concept so I'll be doing a lot of drafting once we get all our packs. I'll do some PvE on the side to 'relax' as well, I always enjoy campaigns and that sort of thing too. Depends whether I'm feeling switched on or a bit mellow

Idus
10-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Does the fact I back DC (besides there were no GK left) indicate anying? PvE for me, although I expect to dabble in PvP as well. Just hoe the PvE has the legs to remain entertaining, unlike some oher MMO's, where it got old quick. My fingers are crossed I can play a long game in Crafting, but given we know nothing about it, that remains to be seen.

Ravallian
10-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Like many Im eager to try my hands at some Dungeons and Raids BUT IMO a TCG won't be the same without some drafting and duelling :)

Cazychel
10-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Hm, that will depend on, what kind experience HEX will offer in the different areas. I could see myself immersed in the PVE side, but I like drafts in MtG very much and will very likely play a lot of those in HEX, too. PVP constructed can be very interesting, as well, but because I am more of a tinkerer with strange or fun ideas, I most likely won't become someone seriously deep involved in high profile tournaments.

For the start I see myself in the PVP limited area, if only to pick up a bunch of cards while also playing the game.

escapeRoute
10-07-2013, 01:07 AM
mostly constructed and pve with friends...

keldrin
10-07-2013, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I'm looking 75% of my time PVE, with the remaining 25% being PVP tournaments. I'm wanting to dabble in both constructed and draft.
I do have a year of free drafts, so, that will likely have a impact on what I am doing the first year PVP.
And by the end of the first year, I would hope, I would be a decent PVP draft player, with a few wins under my belt.
Constructed, is a different animal. Lots more work building and tweaking your deck and side bar.(or stealing a deck list from the web). The plus side vs draft is, you actually get time to learn your deck properly and play it to max potential.
So, not sure what PVP focus I'll have by then end of year one.

DrakarT
10-07-2013, 02:18 AM
The reason that I'm a KS is the PvE, I will be mainly on it
But if there's some kind of battle between guilds I would gladly join :D

rwmwaffle
10-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Im expecting to spend 70% of my time in constructed pvp at probably 3-5 hours a day

Kingrags
10-07-2013, 02:43 AM
I'll split my time evenly between PVE and limited I think... But who knows... I will have a rather nice collection at start (King tier) so I might play some PVP constructed as well.

chi
10-07-2013, 02:50 AM
I'll draft until I run out of packs, then take those cards to PvE/constructed. And then I'll buy more pack to draft with.

Lorewise
10-07-2013, 03:45 AM
I'll probably be focusing mostly on PvE and scouring cards for tidbits of lore.

Athravan
10-07-2013, 03:49 AM
I'm really looking forward to the PvE side of things; but long term I expect I'll spend most of my time in PvP draft mode.

Gridian
10-07-2013, 04:23 AM
I'll likely go PvE mainly, causing havoc in any dungeon I can find.
Then again, I hold the MTG duels against my big brother in dear memory... so I'll be playing my free draft a week at least, probably more.

Berkhtar
10-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Since I am a completist... most probably both PvE and PvP, but pledged Dungeon Crawler, so my main interest is certainly PvE in general, although I played MTG (offline) for almost 8 years.

trapline
10-07-2013, 05:24 AM
I don't have the free weekly draft feature, and since it's going to run me between 4-7 bucks a pop to play draft I'll probably pve more than anything.
I'm hoping that at some point some form of drafting becomes part of a monthly sub fee, even if it's phantom with small prizes...as these games mature into fairly regular metas drafting really becomes the only really fun PVP, rewarding skill and deckbuilding.

One of the reasons I quit Magic Online was the prohibitive expense of drafting, to me an online game should cost 14 bucks a month, not 14 bucks a week.

I am looking forward to the PVE, hopefully we see some good storylines and concepts, there is a lot of potential in a card game linked to an adventure game style story. I hope we have good campaigns with choices and characters that draw us in.

chromus
10-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Guys, opening normal booster packs instead of drafting will always be a loss to you. Join the drafts for the maximum usage out of of those packs. Even if you're in it just for the cards, you are guaranteed at least 3 rare/legendaries but can often get more than that.

On topic: I'll be doing limited PVP with spare time going to PVE to clear the content at least once.

Lunarath
10-07-2013, 06:49 AM
I'll draft all my packs up, then go constructed... That will be my general game plan for most new sets aswell. Atleast 1 draft a week though at the minimum

Stok3d
10-07-2013, 06:56 AM
I'll be spending all my time moderating. It's going to be a lot of effort merging all the threads with titles such as:

"OMG Hex is AWESOME!!!"
"This is the BEST game ever"
"WoW was this worth the wait"
"Crytozoic knocked it out of the Park"

Shadowelf
10-07-2013, 07:28 AM
I'll be spending all my time moderating. It's going to be a lot of effort merging all the threads with titles such as:

"OMG Hex is AWESOME!!!"
"This is the BEST game ever"
"WoW was this worth the wait"
"Crytozoic knocked it out of the Park"

:)

I'll be here answering all sorts of questions (probably hire an assistant while i'm at it :p)

phyzycs
10-07-2013, 07:40 AM
PvP and limited mostly for me when the release comes. However, I'd like to get some friends into this as well and start doing PVE.

Gulbech
10-07-2013, 08:40 AM
I will draft as much as possible, but often takes 2-3 hours. So if i just get a little time, some friendly pvp and pve games.
Cant wait any longer, just a few more days.

Punk
10-07-2013, 08:51 AM
PvP Limited mostly.

nicosharp
10-07-2013, 08:56 AM
I'll probably be streaming at nights whatever I can play, with big disclaimers on it being Alpha. Mainly discovering the cards and their interactions through casual play.

keroko
10-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Flavor text review of all cards for one thing.

Drake6k
10-07-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm mostly interested in designing obscure PVP decks and playing them in constructed tournaments. I'll do my two weekly drafts for PVP cards (and because drafting is fun and educational) and then I'll acquire the rest of the PVP cards through trading all my KS rewarded booster packs for missing singles. I do want to experience PVE content, but probably just one play-through for fun.

Zomnivore
10-07-2013, 11:43 AM
In league of legends I teetered away from competitive play, but I got more into it. Once I feel comfortable with what I'm doing I'll probably shift towards pvping a lot.

I plan on sinking into PVE hardcore first though. Post Alpha.

Umaro
10-07-2013, 12:11 PM
On top of my account, I bought a slacker account. I'll be letting my friends use that one to play and experience Hex, so I can try and get them hooked on it before Beta starts. So I'll be playing a lot of constructed with them and with my guild mates, and then drafting whenever I can when that is introduced to the alpha features.

lucedes
10-07-2013, 12:45 PM
drafts when i have the time, PvE when i don't have the time to draft.

i'll probably also get into whatever alternate constructed format ends up being popular,
whether it's Wild West or Singleton or whatever.

Madican
10-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Dungeons. Dungeons and quests and all the PvE goodness.