PDA

View Full Version : Download Limit

Aethernaut
10-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Exciting times! Does anyone know if there will be a limit as to the number of machines we will be able to install the Hex client software on during Alpha. I am hoping to put it on my desktop and laptop.

Truhls
10-07-2013, 10:39 AM
you do realize that would only take one download and a file transfer on your part right?

origosis
10-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Just a guess.

You will probably be allowed to install the game on as many devices as you see fit, but being limited to playing it only on 1 at a time.. Or for as many logins as you get if you invested in multiple kickstarter / slacker backer packages.

origosis
10-07-2013, 10:41 AM
you do realize that would only take one download and a file transfer on your part right?

Unless the guy who wrote the FFXI (FF11) installer is working at HEX, then it will take an act of god to copy the files between computers. LOL

EDIT: 11

Truhls
10-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Unless the guy who wrote the FFIX installer is working at HEX, then it will take an act of god to copy the files between computers. LOL

really? i clicked the the ff14 folder and copied it to my friends laptop just fine lol.

origosis
10-07-2013, 10:44 AM
really? i clicked the the ff14 folder and copied it to my friends laptop just fine lol.

FF11, not 14.

EDIT: I just realized I type FF9, while thinking 11 and you thought 14.. I need coffee.. and so do you. LOL

Truhls
10-07-2013, 10:45 AM
FF11, not 14.

aha, i saw FF and just assumed 14, been playing it sooo much lately. Also you put the roman numerals for FF9 in your post lol.

origosis
10-07-2013, 10:46 AM
aha, i saw FF and just assumed 14, been playing it sooo much lately. Also you put the roman numerals for FF9 in your post lol.

Yeah I just realized it. Coffee time for everyone!

Icepick
10-07-2013, 10:56 AM
It's true, Final Fantasy 11 was a complete nightmare for things like that, but that was very much the exception. I doubt there will be any restrictions on installing, since it simply wouldn't make any sense. Access is account-controlled anyway.

origosis
10-07-2013, 11:03 AM
It's true, Final Fantasy 11 was a complete nightmare for things like that, but that was very much the exception. I doubt there will be any restrictions on installing, since it simply wouldn't make any sense. Access is account-controlled anyway.

I remember spending 3 hours getting a copy of FF11 to work.. and it was still worth it instead of spending 20 hours patching LOL. God it was bad.. still is in fact.

the_artic_one
10-07-2013, 11:32 AM
The best part was that if you tried to uninstall FFXI, it used to give you a popup that would say "these files may no longer be in use, would you like to delete them?". If you clicked yes on this prompt it would delete vital windows files that would stop your computer from booting unless you did a system restore. It took them a couple years to fix it too.

bcofido
10-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah this I got on other games as well but since Windows 7 it never happen anymore for me.