PDA

View Full Version : Features planned for somewhere during alpha?

lsmoura
10-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Hello, everyone!

These are all features that I believe will be implemented in the game, but I'm wondering if they will be available for testing BEFORE THE BETA (aka: during alpha). Does anyone have knowledge (or educated guess) if they will be available for alpha testing?

Mac Client
Tablet Client (iPad?)
Guilds
PvE

Also, do we have an ETA for the beta start?

Thanks, everyone!

Daer
10-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Alpha is PC only. Guilds and some PVE content won't be in the game until beta. Beta won't start for a couple months.

Shadowelf
10-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Alpha is PC only. Guilds and some PVE content won't be in the game until beta. Beta won't start for a couple months.

What Daer said ;

Alpha PC only ;

Is OSX (Mac) still launching with PC and doing alpha/beta?

If we can find the engineering resources, we're going to do a Mac alpha client. Currently the client is for PC.

(http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27721)

Guilds/PVE ;

Guild names are later, that will be part of Beta / PVE launch

Beta in several months

http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel/ check 0:36:32

As for tablets, launch is the best release estimate, since they are still working on it

http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel/ check 0:58:35

MoikPEI
10-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I think I remember seeing something about Mac being Alpha.
An iPad version would need to go on the App Store first for distribution, so probably not.
Guilds are likely for Alpha.
PvE (some forms) are likely for Alpha.

lsmoura
10-08-2013, 11:26 AM
I tought they would release the Mac Client sometime during the alpha (before the beta, not necessarily at alpha release).

I really would like to test the game mechanics before the beta starts...

jetah
10-09-2013, 04:53 AM
I think I remember seeing something about Mac being Alpha.
An iPad version would need to go on the App Store first for distribution, so probably not.
Guilds are likely for Alpha.
PvE (some forms) are likely for Alpha.

Not necessarily true, they could get our device ID numbers and add us as a developer person thingie and this would allow us to download the APP without the APP being on the App Store.

Berkhtar
10-09-2013, 05:09 AM
I tought they would release the Mac Client sometime during the alpha (before the beta, not necessarily at alpha release).

I really would like to test the game mechanics before the beta starts...

Do what every (clever) Mac User does, install Windows as second OS.

icetech
10-09-2013, 05:19 AM
Just curious on why it would matter if those features are in alpha or beta?

lsmoura
10-09-2013, 05:40 AM
There will be an Alpha Wipe. There will be no Beta Wipe.
It would be nice to know the game when we start the beta to not make rookie mistakes.

That's one of the reasons, anyway.

TZHX
10-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Not necessarily true, they could get our device ID numbers and add us as a developer person thingie and this would allow us to download the APP without the APP being on the App Store.

There's a rather low limit (100) on the number of devices that can be registered in this way. It's not at all practical for as wide an alpha/beta as this is going to be.

IIRC, the mobile development is going to be outsourced, so it likely won't happen until the interface for the servers is fairly well implemented.