PDA

View Full Version : Hex & Streaming

Zagar
10-08-2013, 10:43 AM
It seems most streamers that have little to no player base get a huge spike if they come into a very hyped game with a alpha or beta key and stream it well. Who here in the first 1000 players in, is hoping to make there streaming "Dream/hobby" come true. I know if I was one of the first 1000 players to get in. I would have a dream come true. But, I will be coming in when captains are let in. So, best of luck to those who are able to get that kick start and keep the people happy.

hacky
10-08-2013, 10:48 AM
For me, getting to stream HEX early is a way for me to share HEX with my friends and the gaming community at large. But, don't worry about not being the first of the first: a great and entertaining new streamer will grow a following no matter when they start.

Kami
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
This is a discussion regarding streamers and having a head-start due to Alpha invite order.

Please do not post here just to link to your stream. There are already places for you to do so.

Thanks.

On a side-note, I agree with hacky, a good streamer will earn a following regardless of when they start. :)

Quasari
10-08-2013, 11:26 AM
There are a lot of people who will be streaming and a lot of them have little streaming experience(thus followers). A lot will be streaming because it's a new game that will be receiving a lot of hype and thus potential viewers. Many will probably not stream for long as the higher view count streams eat the viewers. It's hard work growing an audience. I find it fun nonetheless interacting with the viewers. Slowly you should find a following, I just hope people stick to it when the viewers don't magically flock to them.

Hemotherapy
10-08-2013, 11:27 AM
What makes a good streamer?

I tried to have my dream come true during the hearthstone beta when I got in in the first wave, we had steadily increasing numbers, and then just BAM as more people got in, I had less and less people watching, now thye're all gone :(

Quasari
10-08-2013, 11:30 AM
What makes a good streamer?

I tried to have my dream come true during the hearthstone beta when I got in in the first wave, we had steadily increasing numbers, and then just BAM as more people got in, I had less and less people watching, now thye're all gone :(

Interaction with viewers and just being entertaining. I've got a meager following, but it mostly comes from the fact I interact with and am quite friendly to everyone who comes by. If you get a core group of viewers yo should grow over time.

jasofisle
10-08-2013, 11:54 AM
maybe ill stream some games... havent been streaming since I stopped playing CS 1.6. I will post a channel link then.

JakeFreedom
10-08-2013, 12:00 PM
What is the twitch address where CZE will be streaming?

Daer
10-08-2013, 12:02 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg

JakeFreedom
10-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Awesome, thank you!

freudinio
10-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Life is too short to watch streams. Get your own experiences. ;).

nylian
10-08-2013, 12:54 PM
This forum post has streamers you may or may not be looking for. :D

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24969&page=12

Kami
10-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Well, here's a tip from CZE themselves:

Streamers can skip a lot of headaches if they prioritize putting on an entertaining stream as opposed to playing correctly.

Hemotherapy
10-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Well, here's a tip from CZE themselves:

Ugh and here I thought it was the reverse!

I use to watch A LOT of SC2 streams back when I got serious into, the last thing I wanted to do was watch someone that played worse than I did but made jokes the entire time >_>

All the good koreans just sat there focused, not saying a word. Those are the guys that had a good following...I guess it's the reverse for TCG's?

dogmod
10-08-2013, 02:31 PM

I use to watch A LOT of SC2 streams back when I got serious into, the last thing I wanted to do was watch someone that played worse than I did but made jokes the entire time >_>

All the good koreans just sat there focused, not saying a word. Those are the guys that had a good following...I guess it's the reverse for TCG's?

I think doing both will net you the most ;o... I would rather watch a dud rockstar than an entertaining misplay.

Jugan
10-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Well yeah, who wouldn't want to use this opportunity to get more viewers? I think that if people enjoy your stream, they'll stick around. When I stream magic, there are a lot of other people they could watch, but decide to stick around for my stream (at the very least) because they enjoy my play and discussions.

Quasari
10-08-2013, 02:47 PM

You have to have a name already to make that work usually.