PDA

View Full Version : The streaming and some comments :)

Merillo
10-08-2013, 02:11 PM
I am looking so much forward to this awesome game. :) Thanks Cory (Cryptozoic) and Colin for the gameplay during the streaming. It looked really fun to play the game.

Some minor comments about hex:
1. There were quite much clicking on different buttons during the game. If possible I hope it will be little less clicking when the game launch.
2. I feel that the colors of some cards needs to be changed like the orc which looked like a mage (don't remember the card name) which had little to strong colors to suit the other cards. (It looked like the card was from another game.) However the character looked great. Just change the colors some and it will be ok. :)
3. It would be great if it was little easier to see which player had the turn.

See you in alpha and thanks again Cryptozoic. :)

EmraldArcher
10-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Hopefully they add a button that lets you auto pass priority during your opponents turn like MTGO has.

Xtopher
10-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah, Cory had to ask Colin a number of times if he had priority, so it didn't seem obvious from the interface. CZE probably is already aware of that, though.

EmraldArcher
10-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Yeah, Cory had to ask Colin a number of times if he had priority, so it didn't seem obvious from the interface. CZE probably is already aware of that, though.

It seemed like he was just making sure the game hadn't frozen up.

RECHiD
10-08-2013, 02:16 PM
I imagine there will be a quick-pass button. F2 is the go-to for Mtgo users, but I would think you could remap to anything, including an extra mouse button (crosses fingers).

Gwaer
10-08-2013, 02:17 PM
The first time they asked the game was crashed.

Icepick
10-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Pretty sure Space Bar has already been confirmed as a Pass Priority shortcut.

jaxsonbatemanhex
10-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Space bar has already been shown to be "pass current priority" (Ben was in a video a while ago showcasing a game at a con, and he was spamming space bar to pass quickly).

In the Twitch chat HexTCG (that is, the actual channel, so official from CZE) said that there'd be a "pass everything" button. Though hopefully this extends to an additional "pass until my opponent does something" like in MTGO as that is, IMO, the most useful priority pass shortcut.

hex_colin
10-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Pretty sure Space Bar has already been confirmed as a Pass Priority shortcut.

Yup - it is.

I was reading some of the cards - rather than trolling Cory by not passing priority ;). I'd prepared to play Shin'hare Swarm... But I found a bug at the last minute and we decided to play it safe.

ossuary
10-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Poor Shin'Hare. Bugs affect them worse, too, because they're lower to the ground and have weak immune systems.

BossHoss
10-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Poor Shin'Hare. Bugs affect them worse, too, because they're lower to the ground and have weak immune systems.

Not to mention they multiply like... well... rabbits. So the bugs can spread quick

trapline
10-08-2013, 03:44 PM
it sure looked pretty though, I loved how the flyers float like in magic 2014, the design aesthetics are on the right track, I'd love to see the glowing highlights on the center circle and middle line be customizable or change based on your faction.
Hopefully down the line more gameboard backgrounds will also be introduced, perhaps as prizes or cash store purchases. Borders and backings could also be introduced as well.

Daer
10-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Hopefully down the line more gameboard backgrounds will also be introduced, perhaps as prizes or cash store purchases. Borders and backings could also be introduced as well.

One of the kickstarter stretch goals was more boards.

660K - 5 New Game Boards. Each additional themed game board will include exciting animations and effects.

Shadowelf
10-08-2013, 03:47 PM
it sure looked pretty though, I loved how the flyers float like in magic 2014, the design aesthetics are on the right track, I'd love to see the glowing highlights on the center circle and middle line be customizable or change based on your faction.

Additional gameboards were unlocked with the 660k KS stretch;

At 660K, we'll introduce 5 more game boards. You've seen the standard game board in our How to Play video with its flames of battle, but imagine fighting on a icy glacier or in the Shin'hare jungle!

(update #8 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=9)

Mr.Funsocks
10-08-2013, 03:47 PM
I'd definitely agree on having a "opponent is thinking" UI element, rather than just sitting there going "did it just crash? did they just disconnect?" or whatnot.