PDA

View Full Version : Something I find exciting...

funktion
10-08-2013, 04:17 PM
So the forums are definitely chugging pretty hard right now from everyone hitting f5, but wanna see something I noticed and found somewhat exciting:

There are currently 709 users online. 282 members and 427 guests

Most users ever online was 868, 12-03-2010 at 12:27 AM.

We're pretty close to breaking their record... and the game is not even out yet.

Gwaer
10-08-2013, 04:27 PM
That's awesome news! I'm glad there's still a good bit of interest.

Icepick
10-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Yeah I noticed that myself, hopefully the forum server is due for an upgrade!

Shadowelf
10-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Almost broke it at the end of the stream; at some point there were 832 people online:cool:

Stok3d
10-08-2013, 04:57 PM
What I find uplifting is that Hex General Discussion already has more posts than the WoW TCG Geneneral Discussion and the game isn't out yet :)

Xenavire
10-08-2013, 05:15 PM
What I find uplifting is that Hex General Discussion already has more posts than the WoW TCG Geneneral Discussion and the game isn't out yet :)

Yikes.

Goes to show, WoW might have followers etc, but when something new comes along it get's a run for it's money. Especially when its an off-shoot of the core game (TCG instead of MMO).

knightofeffect
10-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Cool stuff =)

Madican
10-08-2013, 07:44 PM

Well, to be fair a lot of the posts are what I'd call junk in that they either don't contribute anything or are completely random, like any version of "What do you have/do/want/whatever" in a topic, or it's someone confused why they haven't gotten an alpha invite with their slacker backer so they absolutely must make yet another new topic.

Xenavire
10-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Well, to be fair a lot of the posts are what I'd call junk in that they either don't contribute anything or are completely random, like any version of "What do you have/do/want/whatever" in a topic, or it's someone confused why they haven't gotten an alpha invite with their slacker backer so they absolutely must make yet another new topic.

Active playerbase for a game not yet out. Compared to a forum for a game that has been out for years. I think we can forgive a little spam - we are just excited!

Patrigan
10-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Not to bust that WoWTCG bubble, but I believe there have been 3 or even 4 forums for WoWTCG? I think the current one isn't older than 2 years and the past year has been rather rough for WoWTCG.

That and there were some really toxic people in the WoWTCG forums, which literally kept the more casual players away from there. So please don't let these forums become toxic :(

nekoangel
10-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Not to bust that WoWTCG bubble, but I believe there have been 3 or even 4 forums for WoWTCG? I think the current one isn't older than 2 years and the past year has been rather rough for WoWTCG.

That and there were some really toxic people in the WoWTCG forums, which literally kept the more casual players away from there. So please don't let these forums become toxic :(

i was going to say something similar actually, been through the years of wowtcg on this forum and while it was good it wasnt the best.

we've got some amazing guys in here and staying positive and nice would defiantly be a good change and breed a much better environment.

havent checked the date exactly but id assume its when crypto launched the forum for wow after UDE went downhill?

Shadowelf
10-09-2013, 12:32 AM
havent checked the date exactly but id assume its when crypto launched the forum for wow after UDE went downhill?

CZE acquired the license of wow tcg at March 2010. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft_Trading_Card_Game) Forum rules appears to be one of the oldest posts (05-08-2010), so wow tcg's forum launch rough estimate somewhere between March-August of 2010

nekoangel
10-09-2013, 02:07 AM
CZE acquired the license of wow tcg at March 2010. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft_Trading_Card_Game) Forum rules appears to be one of the oldest posts (05-08-2010), so wow tcg's forum launch rough estimate somewhere between March-August of 2010

i bet thats when most migrated from UDE forums then =) well done on the dig up!

i do hope we break the record though and as you can see there are still some of us from 2010 representing strong! ( i was a few months late to the party but im here to stay =) )

Shadowelf
10-09-2013, 02:52 AM
i bet thats when most migrated from UDE forums then =) well done on the dig up!

i do hope we break the record though and as you can see there are still some of us from 2010 representing strong! ( i was a few months late to the party but im here to stay =) )

I'm sure that the Hex community will only win when dedicated people like you and others (Partigan, houjix, Fireblast etc), migrate from wow tcg to this game..:)

nekoangel
10-09-2013, 03:19 AM
I'm sure that the Hex community will only win when dedicated people like you and others (Partigan, houjix, Fireblast etc), migrate from wow tcg to this game..:)

dont you worry i and many others are going to be here for all of hex, i would have played wowtcg still too but yeah.... =(

Patrigan
10-09-2013, 03:54 AM

Hehe, little know fact, me and Fireblast always got in big discussions, we never agreed on anything. I sometimes can be a bit too headstrong for my own good. That said, Fireblast is indeed a great guy to have around.

I'm sure there are plenty more and as it already looks, this community really is shaping up to be a whole lot better than the WoWTCG community. Other new guys, like Gwaer, Hex_colin, Stok3d and plenty more where those came from really make a difference. That said, these forums have also already seen some very toxic discussions. But now that the wait is nearly over, it feels like everything is going to be just fine :)

Shadowelf
10-09-2013, 05:04 AM
dont you worry i and many others are going to be here for all of hex, i would have played wowtcg still too but yeah.... =(

Wow tcg was a great game; been playing for 4 years (2006-2010), and i was saddened by the fact that blizzard decided not to renew its licence :(

Hehe, little know fact, me and Fireblast always got in big discussions, we never agreed on anything. I sometimes can be a bit too headstrong for my own good. That said, Fireblast is indeed a great guy to have around.

Knew Fireblast, houjix from tcg player forums (if i'm not mistaken) back when i was playing wow tcg (doubt they will remember me as i wasn't a frequent poster), and i feel they will both be great addtions to this community.