PDA

View Full Version : Biggest nerf revealed so far?

dogmod
10-09-2013, 09:17 AM
I think blood aura got hit by the nerf hammer pretty hard... was a limited power house now meh

MoikPEI
10-09-2013, 09:20 AM
I prefer Blood Aura's new form.
Voiding strikes me as really essential given how much "from graveyard" there is.

Maphalux
10-09-2013, 09:24 AM
I like the change to blood aura. Makes it someone playable now at least as a sideboard answer to Xentoth's Inquisitor (formerly Warlock Inquisitor).

Biggest "nerf," in my opinion and if you can even call this a nerf, is the change to Ash Harpy with makes it no longer act as a recurring board sweeper against weenie decks (read Shin'hare). Though what it gained was nice. Rage 4, yikes.

EDIT: OH! and also Phoenix Guard Aeronaut lost the ability to force your opponent between playing spells or attacking. That's a super nerf.

ossuary
10-09-2013, 09:30 AM
I'd say the biggest nerf was to milling, with the reveal of an exact copy of feldon's cane. :)

Aradon
10-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Yeah, Phoenix Guard got the biggest hit, easily. That ability is incredible. Disappointed with Wrenlocke's change, but not surprised at all. Not looking forward to seeing the new Dream Dance, but I think it's still salvagable.

Vengus
10-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Aeronaut definately got hit the hardest, but I figured that would happen.

Jbizzi
10-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Aeronaut definately got hit the hardest, but I figured that would happen.

I am a little surprised as it isn't a game breaking mechanic, MTG:O has a similar effect.

Zomnivore
10-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Aeronaut definitely lost its negative play pattern power house ability.

Really though Archmage Wrenlocke nerf yikes.

dogmod
10-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Forgot about the aeronaut... for sure ;/

mudkip
10-09-2013, 10:34 AM
I'd say the biggest nerf was to milling, with the reveal of an exact copy of feldon's cane. :)

Only as a side deck. Unless you knew your opponent was going to mill, it's a pretty useless card.

Aradon
10-09-2013, 10:38 AM
The way it's worded, you can side your own in against it, too. Shuffling their graveyard into your own library won't be so amazing, but it's better than nothing.

knightofeffect
10-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I would probably say the archmage.

I had been testing a blood/sapphire mill and with dream dance, archmage, the new tutor, peek, oracle, etc it was getting pretty ridiculous. Consistent turn 5 wins. Not too surprised to see that nerd in the archmage and the anti-mill artifact. If archmage was still intact the anti mill artifact wouldn't matter because you could just completely go off and mill close to infinity (thanks escalation)

Malakili
10-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Nothing was nerfed, because nothing was released!

Zomnivore
10-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Nothing was nerfed, because nothing was released!
Oh you!

I'm still going over stuff, but I definitely noticed the archmage dropping in power. I think people also showed how insane it and the green primal...did stuff brain can't remember names...ugh.

nicosharp
10-09-2013, 11:46 AM

I actually thought mill would be competitive until I saw that.
I guess they want to deter players from going competitive with 'un-fun' to play against decks by making them easily counter-able through side-boarding.
Artifact spam decks got the same treatment with Ruby mass removal.

You could take a gamble with either, hoping your competitive opponent doesn't bet on anyone running it.

Aradon
10-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Artifact decks got a *huge* boost though, with the 1-drop that pings when an artifact enters play. I wouldn't count them out yet.

nicosharp
10-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Artifact decks got a *huge* boost though, with the 1-drop that pings when an artifact enters play. I wouldn't count them out yet.
True. Both can still be competitive, but they will have blow-out match-ups against them where they may have a 10% win-rate, especially after sideboard.

houjix
10-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Nobody maindecks a shatterstorm unless the format is lousy with artifacts. For game 2 you just save countermagic for things like that.

The trick against any mass removal card is not overextending. If you vomit your artifacts against Ruby, then you should be prepared to get your world blown up.

ossuary
10-09-2013, 12:01 PM
All I know is I need to seriously retool my ruby/sapphire mill deck now that I know the opponent can easily overthrow the whole thing with a single sideboard card, and Wrenlocke isn't as strong as he used to be. Fortunately, they added a pyroclasm like I was hoping they would, so I was planning to update it anyway. That's pretty much the only thing that I felt the deck needed to stave off the Shin'Hare hoards. :)

nicosharp
10-09-2013, 12:29 PM
All I know is I need to seriously retool my ruby/sapphire mill deck now that I know the opponent can easily overthrow the whole thing with a single sideboard card, and Wrenlocke isn't as strong as he used to be. Fortunately, they added a pyroclasm like I was hoping they would, so I was planning to update it anyway. That's pretty much the only thing that I felt the deck needed to stave off the Shin'Hare hoards. :)

They still cannot avoid a Inigo Montoya to the face.

ossuary
10-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah, that's why I built alternate win-cons into the mill deck. Doesn't matter if you send your graveyard back to your library quite as much if I have 4x Reggies and a dozen or so booby traps in there. ;)

BenAndrion
10-09-2013, 02:30 PM
for me, verdant wyldeboar going from a 1 cost to a 2 cost.....
maybe not as much of a nerf as some of the other cards, but it makes me very very sad

BenAndrion
10-09-2013, 02:33 PM
actually, check that;
where is my gain plus four/four till end of turn????
where did it go????????????????????????????????????????????