PDA

View Full Version : How Good is Axe Bot?

Zomnivore
10-09-2013, 10:46 AM
When taking into consideration inspiration affects and troops that have buff mechanics around their attack damage.

I'm trying to figure out if the affect is good or not in the context of that.

Obviously colorless lends itself to dual colors and there are interesting inspire affects across colors.

If you're in a blue white you have access to fliers and inspire, and if this guy died you could potentially get value shifted to a flyer. In red Sword Trainer buffs this guy, and then you can kill someone with this guy, and if he dies he gives sword trainer even more attack to buff something else.

Hmm, I dunno.

vulture27
10-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Four cost gets you things like Vampire King, Zoltog, Eldritch Dream, or heck, even Noble Citizenry. Axe bot compares pretty directly to the last, 2/2 body vs a 2/3, and gives a 2/0 buff after it dies vs a 2/2 when it is cast. If I had to use one word to describe Axe Bot? Garbage.

Aradon
10-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Not as good as Axe Cop.

Yeah, he's decent in limited (if you have synergy with him) but poor elsewhere.

Icepick
10-09-2013, 12:25 PM
As Aradon said, it's passable in Limited, though there are still plenty of better options you could pick over it if they are available. I'd be very surprised if it ever saw any kind of Constructed play though.