PDA

View Full Version : Username change?

Sidewinder
10-09-2013, 01:45 PM
The alpha email gives you your username and password. I assume you will be able to change your password, but does anyone know if will you also be able to change your username? I ask because my username is my email address with a '1' on the end, and I'd like it to be something else, or just my actual email address if that's required. I assume this is because I am a multi-backer and they are trying to differentiate between the two forms of backing. I know it isn't a big deal, it's just a weird disconnect to have it be just off of my email. Thanks in advance for any info!

Shadowelf
10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Any chance at surveys being sent out to gather emails rather than using the ones tied to the accounts we pledged with? That would solve my problem of wanting to gift these accounts to friends by just letting me put their info in from the start.

That's around 20,000 surveys to process at this point. I don't see that happening, but we'll have to provide an option so they're not logging in with YOUREMAIL3 for the rest of eternity.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27721

Are the account names the email addresses? Can these be changed? I pledged 3 times with 2 different email addresses, and 2 of those accounts are going to other people (my girlfriend and a good friend) and the one I am going to use is tied to a different email than my normal one. I don't want other people logging in with my email address. I want these to be fully under their control once they are set up, and tied to their email addresses.

I see us giving players an option to change those things to their liking for a short period of time, but I don't have any specifics for that.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27721

Xenavire
10-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Safest plan is to use a name you want to keep, and be pleasantly surprised if you are allowed to change anything.

Sidewinder
10-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks. I searched and failed. Blame being at work! :-)

Kersed
10-09-2013, 02:13 PM
I believe that's just for alpha to account for the people that have multiple pledges. I think they mentioned saying that it would be that way in alpha and then on beta you have the option to merge or create accounts.