PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please make a torrent or something with the game folder zipped up?

havocattack
10-09-2013, 04:13 PM
As title says, would really appreciate it if someone who is done downloading could do this, everyone in the community would <3 you ;)

blackroseyagami
10-09-2013, 04:16 PM
This is at the moment something that cannot be done per EULA terms

havocattack
10-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Oh really? dang :(

Kietay
10-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Do it anyways please. Someone needs to fix their mistake.

Draxy
10-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Can someone who is finished the install, package up the directory and post it as a torrent so people can just download it and extract it in the correct directory?

I would assume you can just begin your install as normal per the patcher, cancel out as you hit 1%, then extract the packaged files in to the directory that was created.

This may help get the client out faster.

Svenn
10-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Can the people who are pre-downloading it to be ready for when they get in let those of us who are ACTUALLY in get it downloaded first? Someone already posted the direct link to the client so now everyone is downloading it and eating up bandwidth knowing that they can't play it.

Look at it this way. If we can't get in to test it, we can't verify it can handle the current load, and more people can't be let in yet. The faster we get in and playing the quicker everyone else can get in.

caffn8d
10-09-2013, 06:37 PM
It doesn't matter to folks who aren't in already whether or not we can play it, I'm afraid. It was on the few hundred people who got the link to keep it to themselves, and apparently that was just too much to ask. Oh well. More time for Faeria I suppose. :)

ossuary
10-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah, the person who posted it to {website name redacted by me} will probably get themselves a nice fat ban if CZE figures out who it was.

shocker455
10-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Well it be nice if they were banned for a few weeks, kinda hard to argue a permanent ban when they donated 500 or more.

While there may be 1000s of people pre-loading, i dont think that it is the main problem. Most of the files we are downloading are under 1KB. At 40% iv only downloaded about 1350 files and 36MB total. Iv been downloading for over 3 hours now. I think there is something wrong with the patchier/installer, or the server.

Svenn
10-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Well it be nice if they were banned for a few weeks, kinda hard to argue a permanent ban when they donated 500 or more.

While there may be 1000s of people pre-loading, i dont think that it is the main problem. Most of the files we are downloading are under 1KB. At 40% iv only downloaded about 1350 files and 36MB total. Iv been downloading for over 3 hours now. I think there is something wrong with the patchier/installer, or the server.
The problem is that they expected about 1,000 people installing it at once... not tens of thousands.

caffn8d
10-09-2013, 07:21 PM
The server bandwidth was probably setup to handle 800-1000 people. Not 5000-10,000. Which could very well be the numbers we're looking at considering the link went out to people who never even supported at all, but could well be trolls or just plain curious. This is the internet, man. :) We'll see what happens in a couple of hours.

Edit: Svenn beat me to it.

Draxy
10-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Please Crypto, give us another download option.

Right now we have all the morons downloading it who have not even received invites and it is taking 8-9 hours to download.

Typhon
10-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Agreed; I'm almost 6 hours in and I've only been able to download 90%.

Niedar
10-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Seriously, there are people that have the client downloaded already. Make a torrent and this entire situation is solved within one hour of that torrent going up.

SomeoneRandom
10-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Sadly I think everyone who has already downloaded the whole game is playing instead of reading here =] I suppose with some clever editing of the filelist.txt we could obtain shards of the full library that we could share? Still would have to download it super slow though

Milamber
10-09-2013, 07:55 PM

No... its the flooding of people smashing the download client.
Thanks guy that got his 2sec of fame at the cost of everyone else posting it publicly!

Niedar
10-09-2013, 07:55 PM
That is probably possible but a pain in the ass to coordinate and verify nothing is corrupted in all those different shards.

ossuary
10-09-2013, 08:01 PM

They'd be fully within their rights, as posting it publicly is a violation of the EULA. But I didn't mean a permanent ban anyway, I just meant they should ban him from the alpha for awhile.

nicosharp
10-09-2013, 08:02 PM
4.5 Hours downloading - 1600 of 3376 (47.6%). I am such a tool for leaving work early. I won't even be able to play tonight.

Theostru
10-09-2013, 08:03 PM
I didn't leave work early, so I'm at 30.3% after 3 hours. Sigh.

RElapse
10-09-2013, 08:06 PM
I wonder if non-invite downloaders realize that in effect they are delaying their own invite, regardless if they have the client or not. If CZE does not get the data/test loads they require, then wave 2 will not come as fast.

Kalius
10-09-2013, 08:08 PM
I wonder if non-invite downloaders realize that in effect they are delaying their own invite, regardless if they have the client or not. If CZE does not get the data/test loads they require, then wave 2 will not come as fast.

There's multiple other threads of people complaining about downloaders, don't start here. Doesn't matter if they download it now or download it later, it'll still be slow if the speeds aren't fixed.

Svenn
10-09-2013, 08:10 PM
There's multiple other threads of people complaining about downloaders, don't start here. Doesn't matter if they download it now or download it later, it'll still be slow if the speeds aren't fixed.

It's slow because they set it up specifically for 1100 people to download. It wouldn't be slow if there were 1100 people. The next wave they would up the bandwidth, so it wouldn't be slow then. Instead they are just delaying the time until they even get the invite at all.

Even waiting a day or two to do the download would speed things up for them.

Niedar
10-09-2013, 08:14 PM
You guys are idiots, seriously calling for a ban? This client was going to be leaked out no matter what period. This is entirely the fault of CZE, there is no one else to blame. Is it a big deal? No.

draco
10-09-2013, 08:25 PM
There is another option than relying on players to torrent when they are probably playing.... we could ask crypto to put up a torrent for us.

Draxy
10-09-2013, 08:34 PM
What is the likely hood of that though...

Jugan
10-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Sadly I think everyone who has already downloaded the whole game is playing instead of reading here =] I suppose with some clever editing of the filelist.txt we could obtain shards of the full library that we could share? Still would have to download it super slow though

I know some people who finished downloading hours ago, and keep having to repair and re-patch it.

Selix
10-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Is it ok if one of us zips up the files and throws it up as a torrent link?

Draxy
10-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Yes! It is perfectly fine to do that. It's not illegal or bad, it's a really good thing.

Madican
10-09-2013, 08:55 PM
You guys are idiots, seriously calling for a ban? This client was going to be leaked out no matter what period. This is entirely the fault of CZE, there is no one else to blame. Is it a big deal? No.

Just like how if a store puts product by the door and someone comes along and snatches it it's the store's fault so there's no one else to blame and nothing happens because it was bound to happen eventually.

Oh wait, no that's not right. Yes the store shouldn't have put the product there but the thief also shouldn't have taken something that didn't belong to him. Which is why people who do that get arrested and charged. Not a perfect analogy, but saying it's entirely Crypto's fault is wrong.

Niedar
10-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah its a terrible analogy because there is no stealing going on.

Madican
10-09-2013, 09:00 PM
That wasn't the point, so bravo for missing it.

The point is that it's up to each person to do the right thing, regardless of how easy something might be to do otherwise. Someone didn't, so the blame rests upon them and they deserve the hammer as a result.

buffalobuffalo
10-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Your analogy is too awful to care about your point.

Milamber
10-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Is it ok if one of us zips up the files and throws it up as a torrent link?

Do it... for the love of the HeX gods.... do it!
6+ hrs and 50%
FFS you'd think that these randoms would stop smashing the client downloader

Milamber
10-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Is it a big deal? No.
Really... ? If you consider that its causing the further delay of a highly anticipated release of alpha to be delayed by days i'm pretty sure alot of people would choose to disagree.
Ontop of that its spitting in the face of the CZE team that would have worked around the clock to get the client up when they did ... yet now its not being utilised in the way they had worked towards, yes they will have learnt to put the password at the front of the client now but really....

The irony is that the people needlessly smashing the client are not only frustrating everyone else with their arrogance or naivety they are delaying their own opportunity.

Aruken
10-10-2013, 02:33 AM
The download problem we are witnessing now would only have been delayed by a few days at best when every alpha invits are out. CZE just did not prepare their servers enough, and this is an understatement. I am hearing people have downloaded 40Mb in 3 hours so there is obviously a problem and the few people that managed to get the downloader are only part of a bigger problem bound to happen anyway. Less QQ more pewpew!

Xenavire
10-10-2013, 02:47 AM
The blame rests solely on the person who posted the link. It was only meant for the people who actually got invites, not every tom, dick and harry that feel they have to have something they cant even use.

I actually want CZE to stop all invites that they had planned. People broke the rules, and CZE needs to fix a problem those people created. Bare minimum the culprut needs to have their account suspended until beta.

I want to play as much as the next person, but a bunch of idiots just increased CZE's workload by a lot, and they are already overworked this week. Good job, really fantastic way to thank them.

Livewire
10-10-2013, 03:43 AM
If someone compiled a torrent of the whole install file, it would reduce traffic from the patcher and official source. I'm just saying. Crypto could do it themselves if they wanted.

mudkip
10-10-2013, 06:54 AM
The blame rests solely on the person who posted the link.

You must be new to the internet. Be careful of the Nigerian Princes!

Are you seriously surprised this happened? I was expecting it to happen - there's no excuse for CZE to not expect and plan for it.

Niedar
10-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Sure here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36817635/Hex.torrent

Niedar
10-10-2013, 07:11 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36817635/Hex.torrent

venmar
10-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Thank you Niedar.
Much appreciated.

duffath
10-10-2013, 07:26 AM
To confirm...is that torrent of a fully working client?

keroko
10-10-2013, 07:27 AM
be a dear and use the dl from CZE - all part of the testing

Niedar
10-10-2013, 07:27 AM
It works to the login screen, I can not login. Someone else who can let me know.

Zephyrspark
10-10-2013, 07:29 AM
You have my thanks, I have a patcher version downloaded already, but my version is faulty. So i will try this one out.
Im going to seed the heck out of this with my internet. go go gadget business connection!

3pm EST 10/10/2013:
Alas. I will stop seeding then. My apologies to CZE, was just trying to help.

Hannay
10-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Hi all, just curious... what is the final size of the HEX folder? We have been downloading for 13+ hours and we are at almost to 3GB.

Mokog
10-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Thanks for posting this up. now is the wait for a key.

Jochirin
10-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Downloaded torrent in about 10min, seems to work only king backer so cant login. will continue to seed so every one thats having slow downloads can finaly get into the game.

RustySummerfield
10-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Downloading now, thank you. Will seed.

EDIT: Am Grand King, too, just sick of the 19 hour download that didn't even work the first time anyway. . .

darkbreaker
10-10-2013, 08:22 AM
I am currently at work and the download seems to be blocked. Does anyone know any service to download a torrent via web or something? BTW thnx for the upload.

Zaqnak
10-10-2013, 08:35 AM
edit: yeah just read the terms and it says i cant redistribute :/

RustySummerfield
10-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Okay apparently this breaks the EULA so nevermind, not seeding.

EntropyBall
10-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Okay apparently this breaks the EULA so nevermind, not seeding.
If you aren't in the alpha yet, I'm not sure what exactly they could do to you. Also, I'm sure they have more pressing matters than going after people who are helping them launch their alpha.

ru2dvs
10-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Hi all, just curious... what is the final size of the HEX folder? We have been downloading for 13+ hours and we are at almost to 3GB.

My folder is 1.3GB, and I can launch the game and login.

Kami
10-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Be forewarned that currently distributing the game files as a 3rd-party is against the EULA.

D. Additional Restrictions and Limitations.

1. The HEX Game is made available solely for use by Account holders according to the terms and
conditions of this License. Any use, reproduction or redistribution of the HEX Game or related
products or services not expressly authorized by this License is expressly prohibited and may
result in severe civil and criminal penalties.

2. Damaging Conduct. You are strictly prohibited from engaging in, or assisting others to engage
in, conduct that would damage or impair the property of HEX Entertainment including, without
limitation, the following: (a) copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, performing,
framing, linking, hosting, caching, reproducing, publishing, licensing, or creating derivative
works, in whole or in part, from any information, software, products or services obtained from the
HEX Game; (b) modifying, reverse engineering, disassembling or decompiling the HEX Game in whole or in part; (c) using intellectual property contained in the HEX Game to create derivatives or to provide other means through which others may play the HEX Game such as through server emulators or matchmaking services; (d) taking actions that impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on HEX Entertainment’s network infrastructure or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any of HEX Entertainment’s websites or other services; (e) interfering with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the HEX Game (including cheating) and any of HEX Entertainment’s websites; (f) attempting to gain unauthorized access to third party Accounts or the HEX Game, or any of HEX
Entertainment’s websites, via any means; (g) using third party software designed to modify the HEX
Game and/or the HEX Game experience in any means.

Of course, I do understand everyone wants to be able to have a working install though... ^^;

Sergan
10-10-2013, 10:28 AM
work perfect the torrent.. download and playing..

well...
me not..
a cousin..
u know..
me would not do anything against the eula.

trololololo.

Berkhtar
10-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Sure here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36817635/Hex.torrent

My hero :)

Works perfectly fine

mudkip
10-10-2013, 11:38 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36817635/Hex.torrent

Nice work!!

Handsofevil
10-10-2013, 11:39 AM
I highly doubt Crypto would enforce this particular EULA, at least at this point. They have updated the download servers so it should be okay. The torrent shouldn't be needed.

keroko
10-10-2013, 11:42 AM
help them out by using the actual downloader, including the awful hang up sessions that take hours. we don't want this happening to anyone at release / open beta so the more problems IDd now and resolved the better.

do your part!

blackroseyagami
10-10-2013, 12:03 PM
First reply to the Thread is:

"This is at the moment something that cannot be done per EULA terms"

Who cares?!?!?! Lets do it!!!

*sigh* :rolleyes:

Ennarian
10-10-2013, 12:25 PM
It's sad that people would resort to this. It's even more sad that one of the first people to get in actually planned to do this as soon as they were able. I honestly think that Cryptozoic has the right to ban anyone who used the torrent (not that they can track that) as well as the person / people responsible for making it. Maybe not permabans, but something that shows that they're not to be messed with.

Pezzle
10-10-2013, 12:39 PM
It's sad that people would resort to this. It's even more sad that one of the first people to get in actually planned to do this as soon as they were able. I honestly think that Cryptozoic has the right to ban anyone who used the torrent (not that they can track that) as well as the person / people responsible for making it. Maybe not permabans, but something that shows that they're not to be messed with.

Why? Because someone has a more effective distribution method than Cryptozoic? A method that allows those invited to log in and start playing? Isn't that what Cryptozoic wants? I do not see any victims here. As it is I fully expect to get home and have to run more fixes which will mean about 24 hours of downloading and patching. You still cannot play without a login provided by Cryptozoic. Why is this so sad (other than needing to do this because the normal method has failed)?

Kagim
10-10-2013, 12:41 PM
The problem has less to do with EULAs and more to do with they kinda need people downloading the game with their system at different levels of invites to test and look for problems.

So if a large number of people use a torrent it cuts down on the amount of data they can get to improve the launcher, which is kinda a bad thing. They shouldn't be permabanned, I just wish people realized that this is a true alpha and that using work arounds like this might help you more quickly... sit and wait for an e-mail... but hurts the company and goes against the whole point of a testing phase.

The point of this is to TEST every level and part of the game, that includes the launcher.

Why? Because someone has a more effective distribution method than Cryptozoic? A method that allows those invited to log in and start playing? Isn't that what Cryptozoic wants? I do not see any victims here. As it is I fully expect to get home and have to run more fixes which will mean about 24 hours of downloading and patching. You still cannot play without a login provided by Cryptozoic. Why is this so sad (other than needing to do this because the normal method has failed)?

Its a test, that's the problem.

Look, I would be understanding if this was a full retail launching of a game you paid for, but it's not. The point of alpha is to test it. So it failed? Then wait for a fix and try it again until it works. That is what cryptozoic wants. For the game to work.

It's not about your sixteen pages detailing why your four terabytes of movies you ripped of pirate bay makes you the real victim. It's about the fact that the WHOLE FREAKING POINT of an alpha is to test how every part of it works and improve it.

Your supposed to be testing it, waiting for a fix, then testing it again until it works. Using a third party torrent does not help crypto and does not help future players. They need data to fix the launcher, which people using third party distributors are depriving them of.

It's sad because so many people can't grasp that alpha is not the same thing as a fully launched game.

Pezzle
10-10-2013, 01:02 PM
We have tested the downloader and it is fairly terrible. What further useful information would you like? Enough people have commented on their experiences. Without word from Cryptozoic I am not sure what you expect people to do. Saying it does not work is not particularly useful as feedback the first time, to say nothing of the 1300th

This has nothing to do with grasping what an Alpha or Beta is (I expect the same excuses then). The downloader is awful and has been reported as such. Are we supposed to blindly mash away at something we have said is broken until it is fixed? Has Cryptozoic given any indication that they have made a change to it and want us to test it again?

Kagim
10-10-2013, 01:16 PM
We have tested the downloader and it is fairly terrible. What further useful information would you like? Enough people have commented on their experiences. Without word from Cryptozoic I am not sure what you expect people to do. Saying it does not work is not particularly useful as feedback the first time, to say nothing of the 1300th

It takes time to fix things. You wait for them to fix it and test it again, and again, and again until it works. You wait for each additional update and try it again. That is how you fix things.

You need to get out of the mindset that this will work instantly, or that fixes take a matter of seconds, or even a day. If crypto had been dead silent for a week, maybe I could understand, but they haven't been. http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943

You need patience. They couldn't immediately fix what could be a large problem? Someone isn't sitting on a twitter giving you a by the minute play by play of what is happening? These are not reasons to stop doing things properly for a fix. They know about the problem, they are working on it and trying to fix it.

This is not a full retail version, this is an alpha, and by not participating in the alpha properly, you are reducing the positive returns an alpha can bring.

This has nothing to do with grasping what an Alpha or Beta is (I expect the same excuses then). The downloader is awful and has been reported as such. Are we supposed to blindly mash away at something we have said is broken until it is fixed? Has Cryptozoic given any indication that they have made a change to it and want us to test it again?

Yes, they have.

10/9 - 4:50 PM

The servers will be brought down at times this evening and overnight to resolve download speed issues for players installing the client. We are aware of the issue and taking steps to remedy it. Note that this is alpha, so our engineers will often bring down servers to do work throughout the entirety of the alpha period.

10/10 - 10:03 AM

The game creation servers are back up! Additionally, the CDN has been upgraded so players should be experiencing a much faster download time.

That is from the wonderful link I gave you earlier. Maybe if you actually paid attention to the forums....

Niedar
10-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Their patching process is fundamentally flawed, glad we could test it but just changing a few parameters is not going to do anything. Come back in a couple weeks when they have a new patching process.

Also, enjoying my ban.

RustySummerfield
10-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Did you really get banned from the Alpha for that?

keroko
10-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Whomever posted a torrent had absolutely no right to do so and actively undermines CZE by bypassing the first component of play experience a user interacts with, the installer.

As has been stated it is essential that you follow the EULAs....

It is essential that you dl with the patcher. CZE said just today they'd adjusted settings with their content distribution provider - specifically to attempt to tune the download.

You actively subvert this effort, and then try to say they've 'failed'.

You need to be a participant in this alpha via specified means, or withdraw.

edit - additionally. you do not know that by bypassing the installer and directly applying someone else's files to your machine that you have correct permissioning for the host disk system, you do not know that there are missing artifacts that could cause errors on the server end that CZE shouldnt have to deal with due to your insistance on bypassing established protocol of interaction.

such action is unwelcome, and very unbecoming of those who would drop (or have parentes drop) 500USD+ on an account for this game. Acting in this manner indicates that you have no interest in testing, that you have no interest in the broad success of the game and that you have little respect for those who are pouring their lives into this endeavor.

desist.

Niedar
10-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Did you really get banned from the Alpha for that?

No, sorry I did not mean to imply I actually got banned. Was meant to be in response to the guy who said I should be.

Namiriel
10-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Why doesn't the actual game use distributed downloads? CZE could easily make a handy official torrent file, or have the actual installer use a distributed dl system so it pulls from the server AND all the other users who've gotten it already.

If we're blaming the guy who put up a torrent to remove bottleneck, then I hate to see what people want the next batch of alpha invites to look like. Or beta... or launch...

Thanks to whoever made the torrent, thanks to the people who put up the torrent links, and thanks to everyone who's currently seeding. You're doing a service to the community AND to CZE.

buffalobuffalo
10-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Whomever posted a torrent had absolutely no right to do so and actively undermines CZE by bypassing the first component of play experience a user interacts with, the installer.

As has been stated it is essential that you follow the EULAs....

It is essential that you dl with the patcher. CZE said just today they'd adjusted settings with their content distribution provider - specifically to attempt to tune the download.

You actively subvert this effort, and then try to say they've 'failed'.

You need to be a participant in this alpha via specified means, or withdraw.

edit - additionally. you do not know that by bypassing the installer and directly applying someone else's files to your machine that you have correct permissioning for the host disk system, you do not know that there are missing artifacts that could cause errors on the server end that CZE shouldnt have to deal with due to your insistance on bypassing established protocol of interaction.

such action is unwelcome, and very unbecoming of those who would drop (or have parentes drop) 500USD+ on an account for this game. Acting in this manner indicates that you have no interest in testing, that you have no interest in the broad success of the game and that you have little respect for those who are pouring their lives into this endeavor.

desist.
lol

shivore
10-11-2013, 07:03 AM
No, not lol. This is not a laughing matter. Keroko is exactly right, I admit he's posted some odd stuff before IMO, but in this case he is exactly right.

Shame on you. Shame.

Niedar
10-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Yea, this is super serial guys.

Jugan
10-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Did you make an account just to post that shivore?

sprmario2k3
10-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Kind of a moot point now. I downloaded the client from cze last night from 60% to 100% in about 15 minutes and did a repair in another 5 minutes.