PDA

View Full Version : Those of us who donated $500 or more through multiple tiers

ZaCrew
10-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Shouldn't we also get invited along with the GKs?

Same dollar amount as GK.

Willzyx
10-09-2013, 06:05 PM
There's no way for them to easily and reliably check for that, given that you'd be registered to 2 different email addresses. They're not going to sit someone at a computer to sort through thousands of pledges to find out who might have pledged twice.

MoikPEI
10-09-2013, 06:07 PM
It's not about who pledged the most. It's about who pledged the hardest.

ZaCrew
10-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Mine was actually through the same email address. I did one through paypal funding and the other through amazon funding.

Prism
10-09-2013, 06:25 PM
I bought 2x collectors, but I'm fine waiting. It'll probably be just tomorrow till it's here for us! :D

Shadowspawn
10-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Are you the guy that is going to complain when Alpha servers go down for fixes/maintenance as well? Relax, breath.

Zarien
10-09-2013, 06:56 PM
I really don't see this as a big deal. So we get in a day or two later during an Alpha, not a big deal. Spend the time doing something else and don't worry about it. Once you're in you're in for good. A little longer won't harm us.

jetah
10-09-2013, 07:33 PM
I have 4 250$ tier and i'm ok waiting.

elsimer
10-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Shouldn't we also get invited along with the GKs?

Same dollar amount as GK.
Considering the difficulties they're having with the invites they did send out, if they were basing it on dollars spent they would've had to narrow the range more. Then there would've been the inevitable complaint about not counting referrals or quality of pledge (ie someone buying dozens of lower pledges and slacker backers to resell or give away)

Soul-of-Void
10-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Like some other ppl i got 2x250 both via paypal but i can wait for next wave no big deal, too much ppl in first wave wont do better. Just keep it slow and steady.

Glognar
10-10-2013, 12:22 AM
I'd rather get in a few days later anyway, let the people in now go through the fustration of long download times, hopefully by the time we get in the downloads won't be so long and we can play and test for bugs in the game rather than the installation.

jaxsonbatemanhex
10-10-2013, 12:53 AM
As someone who ultimately spent $800 between the KS and slacker backer, I have no qualms waiting. We'll have plenty of time to use the alpha even if it takes a few more days to get it.

Fateanomaly
10-10-2013, 05:14 AM
Because they are going to be giving out a code per pledge. It wouldn't be fair if you get both earlier access and multiple codes would it.

ossuary
10-10-2013, 06:06 AM
More importantly, all they have is the list of backers from kickstarter. They can't tell automatically if multiple pledges came from the same person, since each pledge required a different address. There's no easy way to combine them at this particular point, and you shouldn't expect them to.

Diesbudt
10-10-2013, 06:47 AM
As someone who ultimately spent $800 between the KS and slacker backer, I have no qualms waiting. We'll have plenty of time to use the alpha even if it takes a few more days to get it.

I personally also do not care if I play much in the Alpha or not. And if I do it will be mostly bug / card testing personally. I would rather wait to put a lot of my playtime in when things become "real" (Mid beta.)

Turtlewing
10-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Mine was actually through the same email address. I did one through paypal funding and the other through amazon funding.

They may well have started with "we think the server can handle X people, how far down the tier list does that get us?" Not "we want people who spent X money to get in first".

Yoss
10-10-2013, 10:58 AM
I am in the same boat, and I'm fine waiting as long as CZE needs me to. As long as we all get into Beta at the same time, I'm happy.