PDA

View Full Version : Play Now?

iscariotrex
10-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Maybe I'm an idiot, but it took 5 hours for this thing to download and now I just have a box that lights up yellow(and does nothing else) when I click it. What am I missing?

renword
10-09-2013, 07:52 PM
I just finished the download and it also appears to do nothing for me.

funktion
10-09-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm having the same problem, I've tried repairing a few times. It finds new files each time, but still the same issue.

iscariotrex
10-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys, glad to know it wasn't just something I did wrong. Sorry you are stuck outside as well though. Yeah, I am trying the repair route, but all downloading goes abysmally slooooooooooow. We are almost there. Be strong, brethren.

renword
10-09-2013, 08:57 PM
I am down to about 160 files on my latest repair ;)

iscariotrex
10-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Starting a fresh repair...lol. Ummm... it told me pathcing complete without any files found and downloaded, and still doesn't work. Try, try, try... try...

ostrakon
10-09-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm having the same issue. Is there a bug report for this in the bug subforum yet?

caffn8d
10-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Expect to repair several times and just keep doing so until it doesn't come up with any problems. The load on the download server is causing corrupt files quite frequently.

ostrakon
10-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Expect to repair several times and just keep doing so until it doesn't come up with any problems. The load on the download server is causing corrupt files quite frequently.

That makes sense. Maybe the crazy load is causing some dropped packets in the download that the patcher isn't registering or something? Is there an existing bug thread for THAT issue?

negativeZer0
10-09-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm on 7 hours of downloading the client because someone didn't have the bright idea to require authentication BEFORE allowing the program to patch.

This has nothing to do with "It's alpha", this was just a complete lack of foresight.

renword
10-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah! I'm playing now! ;)

Konsaril
10-09-2013, 11:19 PM
I still havenīt got any invite.......is that normal? Iīm a Slacker Backer ;-)

AJPST
10-09-2013, 11:41 PM

Yes, we have to wait propably for a couple of days.

Konsaril
10-09-2013, 11:46 PM
I havenīt got an E-Mail whith the Download Link either... ;-P
So...iīm Waiting!! xD

Handsofevil
10-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Slacker backers, don't be surprised if it's a week at least until you get it. Unless their servers perform wonderfully.

Xenavire
10-10-2013, 02:14 AM

Plan for weeks of waiting. That way you can't be dissapointed, and if it comes early it is a nice surprise.

Konsaril
10-10-2013, 02:16 AM
I hope ;-)

But this we iīm playing GTA5 ;-P an friend gives his XBox to me xD

Handsofevil
10-10-2013, 02:23 AM
Ow!! The grammar and spelling mistakes are hurting my soul.

Silk_Velvet
10-10-2013, 02:32 AM
It took me about 2 hours to complete the first install, and then the game didn't start. After 2 repairs, all worked just fine. It is a bit of a lottery at the moment, but we knew that's what Alpha is all about.

Konsaril
10-10-2013, 02:36 AM
Ow!! The grammar and spelling mistakes are hurting my soul.

My english is very bad ;-) Iīm sorry xD

Wolfjaw
10-10-2013, 05:36 AM
Mine is doing the same thing.

phyzycs
10-10-2013, 06:32 AM
This has nothing to do with "It's alpha", this was just a complete lack of foresight.

It's comments like these that really bug me (pun intended).

Yes it has everything to do with alpha. That's the point of all this. So buck up and get over it. You're in for a long road of testing.

Mathaw
10-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Yes, we have to wait propably for a couple of days.

From what I've heard, replace days with weeks.

But I'm more in favour of your optimism :)

Mathaw
10-10-2013, 07:08 AM
It's comments like these that really bug me (pun intended).

Yes it has everything to do with alpha. That's the point of all this. So buck up and get over it. You're in for a long road of testing.

It's funny, because it's comments like yours that bug me!

Remarkable that this is such a given for you, given that Crypto's own estimate had the alpha billed for 4 weeks. I'm sure nobody ever considered that someone might leak the download link immediately after receiving it. I mean, who would?

phyzycs
10-10-2013, 07:15 AM
It's funny, because it's comments like yours that bug me!

Remarkable that this is such a given for you, given that Crypto's own estimate had the alpha billed for 4 weeks. I'm sure nobody ever considered that someone might leak the download link immediately after receiving it. I mean, who would?

So that clearly means a witch hunt must begin immediately - day one of alpha mind you - and try as hard as we can to discredit CZE's intentions and inform them how to *properly* run an alpha.

I don't buy into that satire. If it bugs you that the alpha is intended for *testing*, you should probably uninstall and wait for the release client.

jpmoser
10-10-2013, 09:18 AM
It is an alpha meaning test. Therefore please test and report an issue and patiently wait for the fix and or work around. If you have supported this game (which you have or you wouldn't be in alpha) support the testing process patiently so that we can deliver a great game to everyone. Please test and report that is your job as an alpha tester.

DarkSeverance
10-10-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm on 7 hours of downloading the client because someone didn't have the bright idea to require authentication BEFORE allowing the program to patch.

This has nothing to do with "It's alpha", this was just a complete lack of foresight.You do realize that requiring authentication before isn't a solution nor completely the best option. The real answer is the server needs to be adjusted to handle the load. Although authentication has its benefit it also has its downside. For one you can't patch without logging in and if the authentication server is down, that means you can't patch. It also means you can't patch or pre-download. If certain MMO's required me to authenticate before downloads I'd be in a world of hurt.

This is Alpha. That being said there is no benefit getting access today vs tomorrow of even next week. It isn't like you will suddenly be days behind in content behind everyone else. This also isn't what most people perceive an Alpha is either as I only know a handful of people here who have actual real alpha, black box, and white box testing.