PDA

View Full Version : Common Fixes (Depracated)

Kami
10-09-2013, 08:51 PM
As others have previously suggested:

Various issues are popping up due to corrupted patcher files, if at first you don't succeed, do a Repair Install!
Others have also suggested closing the application, deleting mono.dll from Hex\Hex_Data\Mono, relaunching, and running a Repair Install immediately after. This may also resolve Error 193 issues.
If you have missing cards and/or decks in your collection, try to relog and/or repair install.

As more information trickles in, we'll do our best to keep this updated.

Please be friendly to others as we're all on the same team. :)

havocattack
10-09-2013, 09:04 PM
I think 50% of issues people are having are due to corrupt files being downloaded :(

It seems the shardassets files are very problematic, keeps trying to fix them

files 3, 6, 22 ... I have noticed those ones several times now :/

Corpselocker
10-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I think 50% of issues people are having are due to corrupt files being downloaded :(

I think the other 50% of issues are people not downloading corrupt files... or any files ;)

g11d
10-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Further to Havocattack; I've been trying to do the repair dance for awhile. Noticed a few things, repeatedly;

1. The Launcher will download both the hex patch notes and filelist txt files twice, once when launched, once at the beginning of the repair install.

2. sharedassetsN.assets seem to be the biggest problem, showing up over and over again, even when seemingly completed by the repair install process;

3. the repair process does not appear to finish properly, seemingly stopping after completing the latest file download. I think this might be cause for item 2, but also for things like, first repair is for 38 files, then the next time, 32.

Gwaer
10-10-2013, 12:37 AM
Yes, I can confirm that, The repair install often doesnt even try to download files after the first or second. I wish I could find a list of all the files it queues up to download so I could try to replace them with someone else, or just try moving them out and redownloading completely.

sh4ggy
10-10-2013, 12:42 AM
On my 7th repair. Keeps repairing different files each time. I have crash reports. Where can I send them?

sh4ggy
10-10-2013, 12:59 AM
Going through the crash reports. I am seeing that the Managed/UnityEngine.dll is failing. Also seeing NPE's. Will keep repairing. Going to also see if I can profile the memory with GlowCode to see if their is a memory leak somewhere.

Arbiter
10-10-2013, 02:56 AM
I can't even download the Install.exe. At its best I got to 7MB of the 9MB total.

duffath
10-10-2013, 04:20 AM
Currently running my third repair. 256 -> 101. When it works does it play music on the patcher screen before you click play?

It'd be good to have confirmation on what a properly running patcher looks/sounds like.

Edit: having done multiple repair installs I'm down to about 30 files being downloaded but it seems like the patcher gets bored part way through and just let's you click play even though it's not finished it's repairs.

Additionally it seems that hex.exe is working now. I click play and get a window popping up, with the cryptozoic logo followed by a flash of pink graphical artifact (happens too quick to be able to accurately screenshot it) and then frozen on black screen.

g11d
10-10-2013, 06:09 AM
@duffath:

Same here, after multiple repairs, I've reached the point where the game will run. First I got a pink flash, but as I repaired further, the screen filled with an image that seemed to be in parts (top, bottom, left, right). After that, black screen.

Running another repair now - currently 22 files left to repair, down from 32 on the previous attempt.

Typhon
10-10-2013, 06:24 AM
@duffath:

Same here, after multiple repairs, I've reached the point where the game will run. First I got a pink flash, but as I repaired further, the screen filled with an image that seemed to be in parts (top, bottom, left, right). After that, black screen.

I'm on my 3rd repair and this is the exact behavior I'm getting. "crytopzoic load screen", followed by a pink flash (that almost looks like the "earth" from the twitch stream ... and then a black screen.

I have 98 corrupted files.

duffath
10-10-2013, 06:34 AM
I believe the hex.exe must be working for all of us, but then it just hangs when it needs something out of....I'd hazard a guess at saying one of the ".assets" files.

It seems like those are what's left for my patcher to fix. 30 files needing done, it's currently at 10/30 and it's downloading a few .assets

Then out of nowhere the bar fills to 100% and says "all done" so I click play and get the pink flash ending.

Whenever do another repair install at this point the client doesn't seem to retain the repair details. As I typed it just went from 11/30 to 100% and I imagine when it inevitably fails and I repair again it's going to be trying to fix the same 30 files again.

Typhon
10-10-2013, 06:52 AM
If you're like me; you're not actually watching the patcher the entire time; but I did glimps over right before it jumped to 100% and is said:

Update Failed
Retrying (7): filelist.txt

The boom; "Patch Complete!". Clearly that's just the patcher timing out and sending back in incorrect response code, so I'm doing my 5th "Repair Install" at this time.

This time I'm down to 87 files that are corrupted (down from 90).

duffath
10-10-2013, 07:16 AM
Update Failed
Retrying (7): filelist.txt

That happened on my first initial patch, but I don't think it jumped straight to complete. :/

Typhon
10-10-2013, 07:31 AM
OK; patched it 7 times and I'm actually in now.

Profeta
10-10-2013, 07:38 AM
It took about 24hours for me to finish updating, however, when I start the game nothing shows up besides a full black screen.

I am now running a repair, where it seems that all issues where related with the sharedassets, as already mentioned here. I will let you guys know if the repair fixes the issue. :)

dhogoth
10-10-2013, 07:42 AM
I had two problems:

- Launcher crash: A repair fixed it
- Black screen after Cryptzoic's logo : Deleted mono.dll and them a new repair check

See you hexers online! :D

duffath
10-10-2013, 08:12 AM
I had two problems:

- Black screen after Cryptzoic's logo : Deleted mono.dll and them a new repair check

See you hexers online! :D

Can you clarify here...is this black screen with a brief pink flash before the black screen freeze? Thats a common occurence right now it seems

Gremio
10-10-2013, 08:39 AM
If you're at sharedassets, you can probably tell which ones it's trying to get. I suggest downloading directly for two reasons. 1) you can see the actual file size the files should be when they're done downloading and 2) you can retry without having to go through the whole HexPatch.exe process again.
Please refer to this thread http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=28156

Also the way it determines if it needs to rescan the files is by comparing the files listed in HexPatch.txt to their hash. It is a small subset of files, that is why you have to delete mono.dll sometimes (which is in that list) to kick off the full scan. However, if your mono.dll file is "2,051 KB" I would suggest deleting /HexPatch_Data/PlayerConnectionConfigFile instead. It will also force the full scan to work again with less issues (sometimes mono.dll will fail the re-download attempt).

Profeta
10-10-2013, 09:00 AM
It took about 24hours for me to finish updating, however, when I start the game nothing shows up besides a full black screen.

I am now running a repair, where it seems that all issues where related with the sharedassets, as already mentioned here. I will let you guys know if the repair fixes the issue. :)

The problem was solved after the first repair and I am now playing the game!

dhogoth
10-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Can you clarify here...is this black screen with a brief pink flash before the black screen freeze? Thats a common occurence right now it seems

Yes, exactly that. Nothing happen after the pink "flash".

duffath
10-10-2013, 11:21 AM

I'd say try a reinstall and repatch. I'm now on a working client screen that just doesn't seem to let me log in.

Battlepope
10-10-2013, 11:39 AM

That means your Shared Assets files are not complete. They are not fully downloading.

Karakadin
10-10-2013, 01:21 PM
mine let me login... I made a deck, tried to play vs people (didn't find anyone), tried to play vs AI (stuck on Pass Priority but didn't deal any cards and clicking it did nothing), so I restarted client and now it won't let me login

Gwaer
10-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Servers went down. They'll be back up soon hopefully.