PDA

View Full Version : Alpha won't download

gbh101
10-09-2013, 10:51 PM
I am an invited member of the alpha and I have been trying to download the .exe from my email all day but every time I do it gets to about .1mb downloaded and stops. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sci3nce
10-09-2013, 10:56 PM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27997

gbh101
10-10-2013, 01:24 AM
That doesn't really help without any supplemental text. I am assuming that you are referring to the link at the bottom of the first post, but you could just as easily be insinuating that I had not read the post and was mistaken in my posting in this forum.

Please use your words if you are trying to help someone.

Kalius
10-10-2013, 01:35 AM
Search

These forums consists of many users who voluntarily support the forums. They're giving their own free time to help you. Please help them by seeing if the question has been asked and answered before.

You may find similar questions during your search. Please resist the urge to simply append your question onto an older post you found while searching. Odds are that if a question has been asked more than a month ago and it hasn't been answered by the time you found it, there is no answer. Please ask your question in a totally new thread of its own.

there, text. which you could have read if you followed the link.

Handsofevil
10-10-2013, 01:42 AM
@gbh101, you could have been nicer is your response. But I completely agree, a link without context that contains quite a bit of information isn't helpful unless you know what part they are directing you to.

@Kalius, you could be a LOT nicer. You picked a paragraph out of the middle. Maybe he did a search and didn't find one that fit his problem, so he's posting a new one? Try to be helpful instead of being a dick.

Now to respond to the original issues posted here. There have been major server drains for downloading, especially repairing installs (I know that's not your problem, but it's quite similar). Try restarting the downloader, or try again in the morning after the non GK+ people have greedily downloaded early.

Kalius
10-10-2013, 02:11 AM
there has been at least 4-5 threads on the question at hand so obviously he didn't search, and the rules say to do so. In fact, there's 2 threads on the first(of 2) pages of this forum that mention this problem.

And I am of no obligation to "not be a dick", as you put it, to those who decide the forum rules do not apply to them. The first person who responded to this thread posted the forum rules, the OP apparently did not bother to read them, as he didn't understand why it was linked. so I pointed out why.

:edit: correction, 3 topics on the first page, one of which is the Alpha Notes sticky. There's no excuse to not have noticed that.

Handsofevil
10-10-2013, 02:17 AM
you take this really personally... I'm sorry

Kalius
10-10-2013, 02:21 AM
you take this really personally... I'm sorry

I've been in a bad mood thanks to other people today, I apologize if you didn't mean to upset me.

Handsofevil
10-10-2013, 02:24 AM
It's all good, we all have bad days. Just try not to take it out on forum posters on an online community :P Nobody expects them to be brilliant. (not an insult to OP, but more of a general observation.)

Kalius
10-10-2013, 02:29 AM
It's all good, we all have bad days. Just try not to take it out on forum posters on an online community :P Nobody expects them to be brilliant. (not an insult to OP, but more of a general observation.)

eh, I always get somewhat peeved if people don't search themselves before asking a question unless it's obscure info. Moreso if their answer is in an easily accessible location(sticky/guide/etc..). And then I tend to get kinda rude when people don't follow rules xD

Hell, I've reported friends and family for breaking rules on occasions. And in friendly matches of MtG I annoy a lot of people by enforcing even "minor" rules like "you are not allowed to rearrange your graveyard"

Handsofevil
10-10-2013, 02:35 AM
off topic, but the rearranging your graveyard rule only matter if you have older cards (I don't remember which sets). There are no modern, and very few cards overall that graveyard order matters. I got into a lengthly discussion at one point with a friend over this. As a person who loves reanimate type decks, it's so much easier when I can sort it.

Arbiter
10-10-2013, 02:36 AM
I'm having the same problem. This is of course the first item I open on the forum for the problem and instead of linking the threads it seems some self important jerks are more interested in abusing people. It's not hard to link the correct thread rather than post abusive comments.

Kalius
10-10-2013, 02:37 AM
The rule exists in any format where cards that care about graveyard order exist. Considering I mostly play EDH/Commander, that rule exists. And I do run cards that care about said order.

I'm having the same problem. This is of course the first item I open on the forum for the problem and instead of linking the threads it seems some self important jerks are more interested in abusing people. It's not hard to link the correct thread rather than post abusive comments.

First off, there's no need to insult people. second, if you had read, there is mention of where to find your answer in the posts in this thread, as well as an actual answer. On top of that, if you had checked the Alpha Notes sticky you would have had your answer without searching.

Instead you thought it more important to insult people in the thread, of which 2 posts pointed out the rules, and 2 answered the question. who's the real jerk here?

Handsofevil
10-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Then make it clear when you start with a deck in it. Because a LOT of casual players don't even know it's a rule. Rather than getting mad at people for not knowing, help them and be understanding. Not everyone memorized the 100 page rulebook (I know it's not that big but you get my point)

Kalius
10-10-2013, 02:40 AM
Then make it clear when you start with a deck in it. Because a LOT of casual players don't even know it's a rule. Rather than getting mad at people for not knowing, help them and be understanding. Not everyone memorized the 100 page rulebook (I know it's not that big but you get my point)

I don't get mad, I inform them of the rule the first time, and then give them a game loss the second =P

:Edit: and please, have you ever taken the time to sit down and read the entire comprehensive rules for MtG? it could definitely be 100 pages xD But we're getting off topic, if you want to chat on it throw me a PM or something =)

gbh101
10-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I did search before posting and didn't see any with my problem. I only saw people who were having trouble with the patcher. I cannot even download the game to access the patcher. I did read the rules thread before posting here.

Kalius
10-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Well then, my apologies on that part

However, you still should have looked at the alpha notes thread.

gbh101
10-10-2013, 12:54 PM
As I stated in both my previous posts, I did.