PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at Loading Data...

Deckofmanythings
10-10-2013, 09:07 AM
The "Loading Data..." bar has been almost to the end for over half an hour now (restarted it once after a 10 minute wait).

Is it supposed to take this long? I was able to log into the client just fine.

Nonesuch
10-10-2013, 09:36 AM
As far as I can tell... this is new. The progress bar moves, but exponentially more slowly. Anyone else?

Daer
10-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah I finally finished my download and repairs and I'm on the Loading Data screen too. It has been 10 mins and it still isn't at the end, but the progress bar is moving very slowly, it isn't frozen.

Deckofmanythings
10-10-2013, 11:05 AM
More information: No matter WHAT credentials I give the game (wrong email/made up password) I can get to this point. Is it failing to Auth me?

Deckofmanythings
10-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Tweeted with @HexTCG, grabbed the new Installer, ran that, still having the same problem.

Brewdinar
10-10-2013, 12:21 PM
I had the same thing. It was fixed when I stopped blocking Gameforge Productions GMBH in PeerBlock.

Griffinheart
10-11-2013, 08:30 AM
I am still having this problem. Guess I'll try uninstalling and starting over. I'm not even using Peerblock.

Is there a separate download link for the newest installer?

traeki
10-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I am still having this problem. Guess I'll try uninstalling and starting over. I'm not even using Peerblock.

Yep, ditto. I think I'm going to have to give up and start from scratch.

nickon
10-24-2013, 01:12 PM
I actually have the same problem now... Did someone manage to find a workable solution to this?

houjix
10-24-2013, 01:14 PM
There was talk of the server being down for a little bit, so that's most likely the issue.

RoyHarper
10-24-2013, 01:41 PM
I was stuck on the loading data screen for over 45 mins, but after a quick restart it worked for me. However, now I'm stuck on the Account is being created screen. How long did this part of the process take for everyone else? It seems as if I'll be forever waiting in Hex purgatory here...

Daer
10-24-2013, 01:50 PM
I was stuck on the loading data screen for over 45 mins, but after a quick restart it worked for me. However, now I'm stuck on the Account is being created screen. How long did this part of the process take for everyone else? It seems as if I'll be forever waiting in Hex purgatory here...

That usually means your keep name has already be chosen.

Ditsch
10-24-2013, 01:52 PM
what i have to make a unique keep name ? which is not taken ?

RoyHarper
10-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks Daer, I'll try a different one and see how that goes.

Svenn
10-24-2013, 01:56 PM
what i have to make a unique keep name ? which is not taken ?

Yes, the keep name is your account name. It's the name everyone sees you by and the one used for messaging.

Ditsch
10-24-2013, 01:58 PM
@Svenn true did read something like that didn't know it had to be unique , talk about super crappy solution then i hope we can later rename as i had now tried a few till it worked, also the stuff i wanted was taken then :(

Svenn
10-24-2013, 02:06 PM
@Svenn true did read something like that didn't know it had to be unique , talk about super crappy solution then i hope we can later rename as i had now tried a few till it worked, also the stuff i wanted was taken then :(

I believe they mentioned the possibility and being able to change your name around beta time. You can also check out this ridiculously long discussion about the naming system: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27725

EntropyBall
10-24-2013, 02:10 PM
I get to the point in "Loading Data" where the bar is 99% full and then it seems to just stop. Have tried restarting once but no luck.

It's not frozen, I see the comets going, but the bar seems stuck. Have waited for 20 minutes.

RoyHarper
10-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Well, I finally got in. Definitely seemed to be that I was trying a keep name that was already taken. Wish there was a pop-up message to users simply stating that fact, to avoid the hassle of keeping people waiting. It was a frustrating experience not knowing what's going on.

Shaqattaq
10-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Well, I finally got in. Definitely seemed to be that I was trying a keep name that was already taken. Wish there was a pop-up message to users simply stating that fact, to avoid the hassle of keeping people waiting. It was a frustrating experience not knowing what's going on.

Sorry about that. It's definitely on our list of things that need to happen sooner than later, along with a message on when our servers are intentionally down as opposed to someone having a problem logging in.

mudkip
10-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Sorry about that. It's definitely on our list of things that need to happen sooner than later, along with a message on when our servers are intentionally down as opposed to someone having a problem logging in.

It's very frustrating. I'm sure it's easy enough for the engineers to identify.

EntropyBall
10-25-2013, 09:14 AM
So, with respect to this "loading data" problem. I had originally tried at the hospital (got my alpha invite an hour after my daughter was born) where the wireless is likely relatively locked down and doesn't have much port forwarding. Later on at home I tried it and it completed "loading data" in less than a second. My home network has uPnP set up and has a lot more ports forwarded. Can't say for sure that is what did it, but I'm back at the hospital now and its back to just hanging with the bar completely filled.

tl;dr - If you are having this problem, check your router settings.

Deckofmanythings
10-25-2013, 09:47 AM
I actually have the same problem now... Did someone manage to find a workable solution to this?

Yes, there is another thread about which port to open that has a port that needs to be opened in order for Hex to authenticate your account.

Hex.exe using TCP port: 9933

Allow that and everything should be smooth sailing (was for me anyway; you may need to bribe your IT guy)

Revamp
11-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Is it possible that the load time is increase based on the number of decks saved? After saving a bunch of deck my load time seems to be in the realm of 10+ mins, and gets exponentially slower as it gets closer to finishing.

StonHart
11-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Ditto. "Loading Data" was stuck at 99% for 20 minutes. I closed the window, started Hex again, bam "Loading Data" took no time at all.

Emitan
11-07-2013, 09:29 AM
I was having no issues logging in earlier but now I get stuck at "Loading Data". I wish I knew what the game was actually doing. What is it loading? Is the server down?

Damascus
11-07-2013, 09:43 AM
same problem lol, normally takes like 5 seconds to load but now takes 30+min and never completes

Icepick
11-07-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm getting this problem now too. Was working fine earlier today and last night, but now it's just taking forever.

rayzor
11-07-2013, 10:00 AM
I am getting the same thing. I tried to make sure that my firewall is not blocking Hex.exe and it is not.

DrakarT
11-07-2013, 10:03 AM
I was playing ok... until I closed the game and tryed to relog...
Does anyone knows if theres people playing?

VoidInsanity
11-07-2013, 10:07 AM
I wish I never relogged now, must be some sort of server side error.

Hagetaka
11-07-2013, 10:13 AM
I am also stuck at the "Loading Data" screen... not sure why it takes so long to load. My account is new,
got the Alpha invite an hour ago, so there should be not much to load?! Also tried close&open the client already...

TheOnyxRaven
11-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Was just referred here and same problem as everyone else 99% and not loading. Last night when I logged in I was asked to name my keep, and then this morning I was prompted again, so I named my keep name something else. I don't know if both keep names are conflicting with my account...

Merir
11-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Yep, I'm having the same problem as well. I confirmed that my firewall is not blocking Hex.exe. My account is a few weeks old, unlike some people that are having the issue. So it's definitely not just the new invitees that are affected.

DataDragon
11-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Please try now.
Server hamsters were sleepy and needed to be poked.

Dagerr
11-07-2013, 10:46 AM
I am having this same problem as well. Has anyone seen any comment from Crypto, or seen a solution?

...... is what I said RIGHT as Datadragon fixes the problem lol.

Hagetaka
11-07-2013, 10:53 AM
... so my issue with the "Loading Data" screen is solved. Only took the client 1-2 sec to load this time. The only changes I did was unticking the remember me option and checked my norton 360 firewall. The client was not blocked, but on automatic mode, changed it to always allowed...

My guess my firewall blocked the client...

Edit: Did not saw the post from DataDragon... :-)

TheOnyxRaven
11-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Please try now.
Server hamsters were sleepy and needed to be poked.

I might actually feel sorry for those hamsters if the game weren't so good.

Vorpal
11-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Hamsters are pretty cute when they are sleeping away the day and you poke them.

ArznikAaron
11-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Need a second shift of hamsters, Thanks for the kick to get em going.

Emitan
11-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Yup it's fixed for me. I hope later updates to the client will give better feedback so I'll know its the servers.

drachenfells
11-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Restarted the computer and tried it again but I`m still getting stuck on 99%

Umaro
11-08-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm getting this issue now, also. One of my computers (not the one at my house) works just fine, but my laptop has encountered this ever since the most recent patch.

I've tried repairing the install, but that doesn't seem to help. I might try and re-install tonight and see if that fixes it.

Eidle
11-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Hello, just got my invite to the alpha, trying to start it up and I'm having this issue, looking at previous posts I guess this is a server issue?

Valix
11-20-2013, 02:00 AM
Same issue here, haven't been able to log in for over 2 hours now because of it.

Maverickroll
11-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Got my Slacker Backer access today. Installation went fine, patching went fine, logging in went fine, get to the Loading Data and it'll get to the point where the progress bar stops at what would be 95% or more (if I had to eyeball a percentage when one isn't displayed numerically). I've left it sitting there for 30+ minutes, never gets past it. Restarted the client, same issue. Verified files, same issue. Been eager to play for months since I backed it, maybe the onslaught of the current tier is too much for the server to handle?

Piett2k
11-20-2013, 02:48 AM
Paid for alpha access, wait for month to play it, receive the access, can't play...

Really?

SiahofMars
11-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Im stuck at the 95% if I have to eyeball it point too. just sits there ive let it go for an hour... and no dice...I have been loggin onto hex tcg website for centuries it seems to see when its out and when im getting my access, finally get it. and I cant playyyyy.. soo frustratingggg :(

Lunarath
11-20-2013, 03:01 AM
Paid for alpha access, wait for month to play it, receive the access, can't play...

Really?

This is exactly the reason why people have alphas... Don't expect to get much gameplay out of an alpha. It's there to get shit fixed

OT: This is definitely an issue on their side. Nothing we can do but wait till a fix rolls out.

Not the first time this has happened. With alot of new people trying to get in, it's expected

Modrzew
11-20-2013, 03:02 AM
Unfortunately I'm stuck with you guys at 99%. Restarting computer, reopening the game and fixing installation didn't work for me :(

Frey
11-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Some issue here. I stuck at 99,9%.

One more time, please change the loading screen "music".

Flexical
11-20-2013, 03:38 AM
Stuck at loading screen as well :(

I have repaired install, restarted my pc, and reinstalled Hex with no success. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know. I'm not sure how to do anything with ports, as I've never had to do such a thing with my Virgin Media Super Hub. As far as I can tell, my firewall and anti-virus should not be affecting Hex.

At the moment I will keep trying periodically, unless someone tells me otherwise :)

Edit: Thought I should mention, I am a slacker backer that received the email this morning.

KawwaK
11-20-2013, 03:42 AM
Still stuck here too. Buy more servers.

Lagalot
11-20-2013, 04:01 AM
i'm stuck on loading screen aswell.

Bastinazus
11-20-2013, 04:04 AM
Same here. Stuck at 99.99% or something.

And yes, please, ¡¡CHANGE that "music"!!

Modrzew
11-20-2013, 04:14 AM
Hey!
I've made it!
And then created an already existing keep name... So I'm back at 99% struggle :D

yovalord
11-20-2013, 04:18 AM
Also stuck ~ bump for visibility.

dachewster99
11-20-2013, 04:45 AM
Still stuck here too. Buy more servers.

yeah, i posted a new thread stating that and I all i get is bashing, people are so stupid.

Emradin
11-20-2013, 04:47 AM
Still stuck here :/

dachewster99
11-20-2013, 04:55 AM
yeah i have tried leaving open for hours on end and still stuck

Ariatras
11-20-2013, 05:04 AM
I am also stuck, had access since yesterday, I immediately tried to get in, of course. And I was successful before anything else I pressed play AI took the shin'hare demo deck and never got to play, just a "Pass priority" sitting there, nothing happened. So I thought to myself, I'll figure this out tomorrow. (It was 5 am at the time) Well, tomorrow arrived and like many others my loading bar seems to have slowed down insanely the last two or three percent. To make matters worse, the sound that plays, is just a single, long and rather depressing note, on a loop.

Emradin
11-20-2013, 05:27 AM
I am also stuck, had access since yesterday, I immediately tried to get in, of course. And I was successful before anything else I pressed play AI took the shin'hare demo deck and never got to play, just a "Pass priority" sitting there, nothing happened. So I thought to myself, I'll figure this out tomorrow. (It was 5 am at the time) Well, tomorrow arrived and like many others my loading bar seems to have slowed down insanely the last two or three percent. To make matters worse, the sound that plays, is just a single, long and rather depressing note, on a loop.

Yeah that loop really drives one insane. Had to shut down all sound on the computer because of it, since there is no option to turn it off.

Atum
11-20-2013, 05:51 AM
is this problem solved? (loading data stuck)

Emradin
11-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Still not for me :P

Lagalot
11-20-2013, 06:42 AM
nope

kaleo
11-20-2013, 06:46 AM
;(

Soldack
11-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Last time there was a big wave of invites, the overloaded servers needed a patch and things were wonderfully better. I expect a patch in a few days and then this will be much better.

Storm_Fireblade
11-20-2013, 07:34 AM
I agree with Soldack here. Every wave caused massive server problems, which were followed by a patch, that made it run even smoother, than it did before. So I'm pretty confident, that the team of CZE is working their ass off behind the scenes to get those announced 10+ cards out and fix the server issues. Hang in there for a little longer and then everyone did receive their emails and the server has been patched :)

Kami
11-20-2013, 07:42 AM
I agree with Soldack here. Every wave caused massive server problems, which were followed by a patch, that made it run even smoother, than it did before. So I'm pretty confident, that the team of CZE is working their ass off behind the scenes to get those announced 10+ cards out and fix the server issues. Hang in there for a little longer and then everyone did receive their emails and the server has been patched :)

The huge wave was probably intentional.

I suspect they wanted to see how massive a load their current configurations could handle. During normal function, I doubt that many users would simultaneously pile on to the servers. :)

Clortbags
11-20-2013, 08:00 AM
I don't mind the login teething problems but that pink noise that keeps playing over & over is making my ears bleed.

Storm_Fireblade
11-20-2013, 08:06 AM
The huge wave was probably intentional.

I suspect they wanted to see how massive a load their current configurations could handle. During normal function, I doubt that many users would simultaneously pile on to the servers. :)

I suggest the same and if so, they were doing the right thing here. With the previous waves, they already were able to stabilize everything quickly. Since they did have the chance to test such a massive load with the current configurations, its only wise to do so and hopefully avoid any problems in the future. After all, we do want this game to run smoothly with many many more players than we've seen in the Alpha up to now :)

Tezius
11-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Got in this morning! Played a game all the way through to completion! However when i tried to play a second one with a new deck i was greeted by this fellow:
http://i.imgur.com/qZtQDzA.jpg

This screen shows up any time my game crashed, or i win a game apparently, and then try to start a new one. Force closing this screen guarantees the getting stuck at loading problem for me. Maybe the server thinks im still in a game so wont let me in?

rcl
11-20-2013, 12:47 PM

Hi Aritras, not trying to come across as nasty, want to help, but I just want to make sure you understand that you are supposed to click Pass Priority in order to proceed. That indicates that you don't want to play a quick action card etc. I hope you are able to play soon

Mejis
11-20-2013, 12:59 PM
I have also been stuck at loading data every time I try to log in (except for last night I got to Keep name creation but then it got stuck at Creating Account).
Just now I get "Login Failed" when I try to login, so guess the servers are down?

ChristianLove
11-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Hextcg just tweeted that the servers are down for emergency maintenance and will be down for about 30 min.

BlueAvocado
11-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Hextcg just tweeted that the servers are down for emergency maintenance and will be down for about 30 min.

Alpha is back up.

SiahofMars
11-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Alpha is back up.

tis back up but still cant get in... stuck in loading screennnn.. frustrating

SiahofMars
11-20-2013, 01:27 PM
best thing to do is create a server Queue so only x amount of people can login at a time, and show their wait time and it puts u in a queue and logs you in accordingly. its like a waiting line at the DMV.
but hey, you guys are the creators.

praesidium
11-20-2013, 02:30 PM
s-s-s-s-s-s-s-t-t-t-ttuuuuckkk

Maliceo
11-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Stuck :(

Tezius
11-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Yar, stuck at loading still as well. Happy with the one whole game i got in though earlier.

SiahofMars
11-20-2013, 02:58 PM
got through loading data... now stuck on... account and card collection being created..... uhggggg

0bliviousDjin
11-20-2013, 03:34 PM
got alpha last night first time i logged on it stuck then relogged and it went quickly and i got to play since then i always get stuck at the loading data

Barborin
11-20-2013, 04:08 PM
I've been in a few times. Generally, for me, if the loading bar has gotten to 30% or so, and hasn't loaded, then it's not going to load. So, I just restart and keep trying.

GrinningBuddha
11-20-2013, 04:18 PM
I was able to get into the game after a few tries last night and today but the AI doesn't respond and I can't save decks properly in the card manager.

bomdroppers
11-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Loading bar full here, but it's not moving on to the next screen. Looks like no game for me yet :)

thegreatestfall
11-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Same here I have a full loading bar but Not advancing past that. Oh well I can wait a few more days :)

nyikhmur
11-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Guys I have the same problem, just keep trying! Note if it loads, it loads in less then 10 seconds!!! If its taking more just restart and try again!

Morden
11-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Well. I got the exact same thing right now. Yesterday, it was good, but today, nothing seems to work. Full bar, but not launching.

Microdot
11-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Read a post earlier in the thread about opening up port 9933 on your router. This worked for me, although I'm still getting massive issues trying to play AI games once I'm in.

mydragoon
11-20-2013, 05:41 PM
hmmm... waited more than 30mins and its still loading data.

i was gonna suggest that they dun have so many 'downloading'... since there's a patch just as we start the game... then another after we login. but looks like it could just be a 'bug'.

ok, gonna try stopping and starting the game again...

Troads
11-20-2013, 06:40 PM
I can get past Loading Data now, but then I get stuck at Account and Card Collection are being created (I just got into the Alpha).

Simo46
11-20-2013, 06:49 PM
I got on ok this morning after the fix and had my first game against the computer. Just about made it to the end too before I had to get to work. Couldn't work out how to use the deck that I built though, it didn't appear in the drop down list.

Glide
11-20-2013, 09:02 PM
I had been stuck all day, leaving the game running for an hour to see if it will get past 99%. It won't.

I read earlier in this forum that by opening port 9933, TCP, in your router, you might solve the problem. Tried this, and the game immediately worked. This is awesome for me, but not an acceptable fix. I have two roommates who both also backed Hex, and it's not possible to forward a router port to three different locations within a network, at least, not with my router.

Dropbear
11-21-2013, 03:37 AM
OPENING PORT 9933 TCP WORKS FOR ME.

Try it yourself, it may be the solution here. Instantly got in when I port forwarded 9933.

Maxcorbu
11-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Just curious, is this forum read by officials?

nyikhmur
11-21-2013, 09:03 AM

Fellwolf
11-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Well, at least I feel much less alone now.

(Received invite this morning, installed and patched, could get to Loading Data but no further. Restarted, repaired install, tried again, no dice).

UPDATE: The port 9933 fix worked here, too.

Victae
11-21-2013, 09:48 AM

Try it yourself, it may be the solution here. Instantly got in when I port forwarded 9933.

Confirmed this instantly resolves the issue.

Glide
11-21-2013, 10:11 AM

That's awesome, but what do I do when there's more than one player within the same network? Myself and two of my roommates all pledged, and all received our alpha invites in the last couple days. To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to forward the same port to three different machines.

If I'm wrong, halp. If I'm right, this is at best a work around. Hex will never be a real e-sport if you can't have two people playing inside the same network.

Ender71
11-21-2013, 10:13 AM
For me worked adding rule for Hex.exe in firewall. It's not the same as HexPatch.exe

bhawthorne
11-21-2013, 10:27 AM
HOW DO I open this port 9933?? I cant play this game!!! its driving me crazy!!

StealthStalker
11-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Just wanted to add to the discussion, opening TCP 9933 allowed me to instantly hop in as well.

shrtstff
11-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Sine I do not have admin access to my Modem and I do not use a Router in between I was at a bit of a loss for the port forwarding trick but after repairing the game and power cycling my modem I logged in in about 20 seconds or so fully loaded. Hope this helps.

sagar52983
11-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Is this an issue that will be fixed or are we supposed to have this port open? I am no computer software expert nor do I know anything about networking or router configurations. As of last night I have been 'loading data' for about 5-10 minutes then it hangs up.

shrtstff
11-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Is this an issue that will be fixed or are we supposed to have this port open? I am no computer software expert nor do I know anything about networking or router configurations. As of last night I have been 'loading data' for about 5-10 minutes then it hangs up.

Well as of right now you will not be able to log in as they are applying a patch to the game. This will take up to about an hour or so according to the in game message.

Nekrabyte
11-21-2013, 11:14 AM

although Hex has not explicitly mentioned the port they use, or that you should open it, it's not all that surprising. there are a TON of games and programs that request that you open ports on your computer (games, downloading/torrenting programs, etc...). hell, even world of warcraft downloader worked a ton better if you opened ports. just because YOU don't know anything about opening ports or router configurations does not mean that there are not a TON of games and programs that run far far more optimally when you do so. and there are a TON of guides out there that show exactly how to do it, it is honestly not that hard.

rereading that, i hope it didnt come off as kinda condescending, did not mean it that way, just trying to be informative. also, the port opening, a LOT of people in this specific case of the "loading data..." have seen little to no difference between having ports open and not. what has given ME the most luck, is if it takes more than 10-15 seconds on the loading data, i just alt+F4, and try again, very often it zips me right in.

Vorpal
11-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Is there a good simple fix to this? it used to be more or less instant, and now I can log in and play an entire game of hearthstone before it finishes.

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to listen to that godawful shimmer for 10 straight minutes.

Adding both hex and hexpatch to my firewall allow list had no effect.

I'm surprised they weren't there already : other TCG's like solforge and hearthstone already had entries.

Bastinazus
11-21-2013, 04:18 PM
It's a bit hard to test the game if we simply cannot log in, in my opinion.

Vorpal
11-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Anyone have a good link to a tutorial on how to do the port 9933 thing? I have a verizon router, if it matters.

sagar52983
11-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Was anyone stuck at loading data and fixed after the patch? I'm wondering if this still an issue after todays patch.

Bastinazus
11-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Was anyone stuck at loading data and fixed after the patch? I'm wondering if this still an issue after todays patch.

The issue is still there.

Leingod
11-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Recently did a repair install after having been stuck in loading data or login failures and now am at the account creation/card collection screen. Have not opened any extra ports or manually unblocked any programs.

EDIT: After being stuck on Account creation, I closed it and repair processed again. I am now able to log in, however the keep name I used when I got stuck seems to be in limbo and unusable now.

StealthStalker
11-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Anyone have a good link to a tutorial on how to do the port 9933 thing? I have a verizon router, if it matters.

I'd just do a quick google search for your specific router, should give you walkthroughs on how to log in (generally an IP address 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 etc)... and just follow the steps.

Vorpal
11-22-2013, 12:40 PM
I guess I'm not even sure exactly what I'm trying to do..port forwarding?

uTired2
11-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Was stuck on loading data screen before the patch, have been able to login fine after the patch.

ouphie
11-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Last night I was stuck at the loading screen and/or getting the login failed message so I fired up Hex on my work laptop. It had not troubles getting in. I logged out and tried on my home one again and was met with the same fate, and my work comp had no issues mere seconds later.

The two laptops share little in common so figuring out what is causing the problem is going to be tough. I'll probably start with the antivirus and see if anything is getting blocked there.

jcalton
11-23-2013, 02:18 PM
I've been having this since the last batch of invites (I figured I'd wait a couple days for it all to die down). I'm at around 15 minutes right now. I think the longest I've ever let it go is 30 minutes? That wasn't today, though.

Since I've been playing for a couple weeks, I know this isn't an account-related issue.

It would kind of be nice if Cryptozoic could maybe add more detailed info to the "loading data" progress bar. Like a popup detailed list or have the text change based on each stage it's in.
I.e., if we are waiting on the server because the server is full then have the text say that.

If there's a queue it would FANTASTIC to have our queue number.

Malet
03-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Well, today I all of a sudden got this too. Tried repairing, uninstalling (did nothing..), manually deleted the folder and re-installed. It's still loading insanely slow and not finishing at the end.

Mejis
03-25-2014, 01:45 AM
Well, today I all of a sudden got this too. Tried repairing, uninstalling (did nothing..), manually deleted the folder and re-installed. It's still loading insanely slow and not finishing at the end.

Did you manage to log in Malet? I just logged in fine. It took me maybe 1 or 2 minutes to log in. It may have been the server was down when you tried?

KingDavid73
05-12-2014, 07:13 AM
It's doing this to me, too. It's stuck at "loading data" for a loooong time, then after a billion years sometimes it's all like oh "login failed", other times it just hangs with the bar full forever.

I reset my password on the website just to be sure it was correct.

Warrender
05-12-2014, 07:51 AM
I don't know if it was mentioned already in this thread but I had the same problem when I was using the Alpha client to connect to the Beta. Uninstalling the Alpha client and deleting the game directory completely and then installing the Beta client fixed this for me.

mister_Rollup
05-14-2014, 05:02 AM
same here the game worked perfectly and now i am stuck on loading data since 2 days

illustr8ive
08-24-2014, 07:49 PM
I am new to Hex and am currently experiencing this problem. I have ensured that Hex is not being blocked by my firewall. Is there a definitive fix for this issue, or as past occurences seem to suggest, is this a case caused by one of many isolated issues? Thanks in advance.

slipperyjoe
08-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Stuck on loading data like they were at the beginning of this thread. I could try restarting/reinstalling but it looks like it didn't work back then either.

Edit: Restarting comp hasn't fixed it. This a server issue?

Lockjaw
08-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Same here. Loading bar fills to the end - which really takes a few minutes already - and that's it. No error messages or anything.
Tried repair - no luck.
I just got the invite to the closed beta today, so it's a fresh install.
No router or firewall issue. (win7 64)

slipperyjoe
08-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Yeah repair install didn't work for me or messing with my firewall, does this happen everytime a bunch of new keys are sent out or what?

Rupansansei
08-26-2014, 03:54 PM
exactly the same problem here, so there is still no fix for this?

slipperyjoe
08-26-2014, 03:56 PM
exactly the same problem here, so there is still no fix for this?

Didn't look like there was one, think the servers couldn't handle the load last time, so they did something with them.

We might end up having to wait a day or two unless they can get on it soon.

Dopey
08-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Same for me. New Beta key, new install, am able to "login" but am stuck at "loading data" screen. Frustrating as I have been waiting for this Beta invite for some time :)

Rupansansei
08-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Didn't look like there was one, think the servers couldn't handle the load last time, so they did something with them.

We might end up having to wait a day or two unless they can get on it soon.

well, thanks for the replay mate, guess ima heading out n walking my dog then, hope the thing gets done after i come back : /

slipperyjoe
08-26-2014, 04:42 PM
well, thanks for the replay mate, guess ima heading out n walking my dog then, hope the thing gets done after i come back : /

It's up to Hex when they want to get around to fixing this issue, but yeah probably find something else to do. There was something about opening port 9933 but it was too vague.

Edit: Ran it for the sixth time or so, managed to get past the loading data screen. I have no idea how, but I guess just keep starting it up until it works. Again, maybe it's a server thing.

illustr8ive
08-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Alright, I'm not sure if this will work for anyone, but it did for me. I am running Windows 8.1 and had to download the Hex installer from the Gameforge website, rather than the Official Hex website.
Link: http://en.hex.gameforge.com/#/

ossuary
08-27-2014, 04:54 AM
You are all posting in the wrong forum. This is the alpha forum. It's been defunct since April. Please go to the BETA bug report forum to report any problems. Nobody is reading this forum anymore.