PDA

View Full Version : Enhancement: Enable pasting of text into login/password fields

Miwa
10-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Steps:
1. Run Game
2. Try to paste in complex random generated password.
3. Fail miserably and squint while trying to read it to type it in. :P

copulat0r
10-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Steps:
1. Run Game
2. Try to paste in complex random generated password.
3. Fail miserably and squint while trying to read it to type it in. :P

i saw a streamer mention the same thing. disabling this feature is a security precaution used by web sites and apps that need to be more secure because of financial exchanges.

SOURCE: i get paid to hack websites

Kami
10-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I was surprised copy/paste wasn't available either.

I can understand from certain security perspectives but in the future with authenticators involved, I think it should be made.

However, this isn't technically a bug. :)

ramseytheory
10-10-2013, 11:12 AM
God yes, please do this. (Or let us change our passwords, one or the other.)

Marsden
10-10-2013, 11:15 AM
I'd be happy with a stay logged in option, so I just don't need to keep typing it in.

Liokae
10-10-2013, 12:08 PM
God yes, please do this. (Or let us change our passwords, one or the other.)

Or both. I keep every password that's capable of being copy-pasted at maximum length and complexity randomized and stored more securely. If I can't change it or C/P it, I have to either write it down or make it something I can remember, neither of which is terribly secure.

shocker455
10-10-2013, 12:32 PM
It be fine once random generated passwords go away.

My password sucks it has multiple lowercase L's, and cap I's. Took my so many times to get it right :(

houjix
10-10-2013, 12:40 PM
It be fine once random generated passwords go away.

My password sucks it has multiple lowercase L's, and cap I's. Took my so many times to get it right :(

I though it was bad enough when I had one. They just need to use a different font in their e-mails.

I would suggest anyone with what appears to be I's or l's to paste the password into a word file and change the font to Times New Roman or something that will display the I with the cross marks.

LwoodY2K
10-10-2013, 10:18 PM
In addition to paste, it would be nice to be able to select the password selection and delete its contents.

Example use case:
1. I type some stuff in the password section
2. I realize I made a type
3. I so something like ctrl-a/shift-home and then delete/backspace