PDA

View Full Version : UI: Deck filters should be inclusive rather than exclusive

ramseytheory
10-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Severity: minor.

Issue: In the deck manager, the default is to show all cards. The current behaviour of e.g. the colour filters is that all colours are shown by default, and clicking on a colour removes all cards of that colour from the view. This is a problem for two reasons. Firstly, when a user wants to filter by colour they will generally want to look at cards of only one or two colours. This currently requires four or five clicks, making the deck builder feel clunky. Secondly, it is quite unintuitive that to see all available blue cards the user should click every colour button except the blue one.

Obviously the card type filter has a similar issue.

Proposed solution: Emulate this (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards) card database. By default, all colours are shown. While all colours are being shown, clicking e.g. the blue colour button should restrict the view to all blue cards. If not all colours are being shown, clicking a colour button should introduce or remove all cards of the appropriate colour from view. If this would result in no colour filters being active, all cards are shown. This approach is intuitive, and substantially reduces the amount of user effort required for the most common use cases.

Logically, make the filters ORs instead of ANDs, and add a special case that shows all cards if none of the filters are active.

Kami
10-10-2013, 10:29 AM
This is not a bug but a UI design decision.

Handsofevil
10-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Kami, I've seen you post that one a few topics so far. But I don't see where the imply that it's a bug? This forum is for bugs AND suggestions. The OP even said it's only "minor" in importance. Let people suggest things without griping on them.

Kami
10-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Kami, I've seen you post that one a few topics so far. But I don't see where the imply that it's a bug? This forum is for bugs AND suggestions. The OP even said it's only "minor" in importance. Let people suggest things without griping on them.

The goal of a bug report is to find something that is broken. Not for a suggestion of something that you would like to be implemented.

We are trying to keep the Bug Reports forum consisting of only bug reports as much as possible.

Daer
10-10-2013, 11:49 AM

He posts that when he moves the thread out of the bug forum and into the general alpha forum.

Handsofevil
10-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I apologize, it doesn't show me that it was moved. I found this is (and the others) in the general Alpha forum. Maybe tag on the end "Moved from XXX to YYY"?