PDA

View Full Version : Are the naming rules known yet? E.g. spaces, letter case, etc.

Vorsa
10-10-2013, 01:00 PM
With some people in alpha now, has anyone posted all the player/keep name rules yet?
E.g. spaces allowed, choose case or automatically capitalized 1st letters, character limit...

I won't get to play till the next KS tier down, but would like to have all my names short-listed by then so would love to know the rules for them. :)

~ Drat; this was supposed to be in the question forum - sorry. :(

beepharoni
10-10-2013, 01:10 PM
pretty sure they have announced that there can be one word, no spaces, no numbers.

Im sure shadowelf will chime in with links and quotes momentarily :P

dogmod
10-10-2013, 01:16 PM
pretty sure they have announced that there can be one word, no spaces, no numbers.

I saw some people with spaces... I personally used a hypen.

Juve
10-10-2013, 01:20 PM
on twitch streams u can see that some ppl made their names with space, more than one big letter, i think i saw one guy with numbers even

Showsni
10-10-2013, 03:39 PM
People have made names with spaces, numbers and other characters (apostrophes and so on).

Deathfog
10-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Spaces are really common now, most cities in Game of Thrones/Song of Fire and Ice are keeps.

Shadowelf
10-10-2013, 05:10 PM

That's from Alpha FAQ, but it appears that its no longer valid (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27721)

Can Keep names contain spaces?

No spaces.

Haven't tried spaces, but i can confirm caps/numbers :)

Werlix
10-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Spaces are really common now, most cities in Game of Thrones/Song of Fire and Ice are keeps.

Didn't they advise people not to name their keep after a place or building but rather as their surname?

traeki
10-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Yeah, but given how it's actually used, place names are way more felicitous. If they said "of House _____" instead of "of _____", then surnames would be more logical.

I think the place name thing is more fun in any case, personally.

(I mean, assuming the @#)($*@#()$ account creation step ever stops hanging, I think that will be fun. Hypothetically.)

Vorsa
10-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Thanks everyone; I think I'll just make a list assuming of contenders assuming anything goes then, and just be sure to include a few tamer options in there.

Erebus
10-11-2013, 12:15 AM
I was able to enter the name The Engima Engine. I wanted to test length max and I was surprised it let me have spaces. It accepted my name, not sure if this is a bug or a feature :D

ArcaneWeapon
10-11-2013, 12:15 AM
There are several people with spaces. Apostrophes and dashes are also showing up. Doesn't really seem like there are any restrictions other than possibly length.

This may change though, so name with care.

Juve
10-11-2013, 02:24 AM
cant find it now but they said that in the futere(close one) they will probably let us change nicks, and i see 2 options here, either they will "force" ppl to change nicks during that or they will let us keep this nicks as a gift for alpha testers (something like that)

Kradish
10-11-2013, 03:40 AM
I tried to get an and it wouldn't allow it but it might just be that I was using alt+148 as I don't have it on my keyboard.