PDA

View Full Version : Lord vs Lady, name changes, etc.

Aldazar
10-10-2013, 02:12 PM
I swear when I created my character, I selected "Lord" and not "Lady", yet my character is a lady and she's named Elizabeth even though I'm pretty darn sure I never chose a Elizabeth either... Is there a way to create new characters (using the same "keep name", of course), and/or to change the name and gender of the default character?

Scammanator
10-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Don't worry, Elizabeth is just your champion. You set which champion you're using in deckbuilding. She doesn't have anything to do with your Lord/Lady selections.

franky
10-10-2013, 03:05 PM
And so the confusion begins...

darkwonders
10-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Which is why this is Alpha... I'm sure something will be changed in the future.

Shaqattaq
10-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Alpha is for fixing bugs, getting some information on how users interact with our client. I want to use some of this time in order to evaluate the naming convention. Whether it changes or stays the same, I see us giving players a window to change their names sometime during the beta.

Zephyrspark
10-10-2013, 08:23 PM
I see us giving players a window to change their names sometime during the beta.
That makes me feel so relieved. I botched my in game keep name due to a missing asset making me unable to see what I was typing.
Tried to be careful...Wasn't careful enough

Cory_Jones
10-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Alpha is for fixing bugs, getting some information on how users interact with our client. I want to use some of this time in order to evaluate the naming convention. Whether it changes or stays the same, I see us giving players a window to change their names sometime during the beta.

NO... he is Lady Elizabeth FOREVER!!! :)

Rycajo
10-10-2013, 10:12 PM

Thus it is.

blakegrandon
10-10-2013, 10:14 PM

Quoted for reference later. Devs would NEVER say something and then change their mind.

Sorry Aldazar, I mean, lady Elizabeth.

larryhl
10-10-2013, 10:42 PM

So say we all.

Aldazar
10-11-2013, 12:16 AM

Nooooooooooooooo!!!! =P

Zomnivore
10-11-2013, 06:42 AM
I really hope you stay Lady Elizabeth now rofl.

ahahah

dhogoth
10-11-2013, 07:33 AM

http://www.troll.me/images/trololo/trolololo-lo-lo-trolololo-thumb.jpg

dogmod
10-11-2013, 08:48 AM
My one question is why he would want to be Lord Elizabeth??

Madican
10-11-2013, 10:21 AM
My one question is why he would want to be Lord Elizabeth??

Following in Sir Integra's footsteps.

Shinsaku17
10-12-2013, 05:23 AM
I would definitely be interested in a name change. Sooner > Later

jetah
10-12-2013, 07:37 PM
This is why I assumed that Alpha would have a complete wipe, including Lord/Lady name.

Auriok
10-13-2013, 07:00 AM
I hope this turn into meme make lord elizabeths followers guild or something

jetah
10-14-2013, 09:26 AM
I hope this turn into meme make lord elizabeths followers guild or something

Could be a card that confuses a troop.

Corpselocker
10-14-2013, 01:41 PM
If Aldazar is going to HexCon, we know what costume he will be wearing...

SomeoneRandom
10-14-2013, 01:55 PM
This is why I assumed that Alpha would have a complete wipe, including Lord/Lady name.

I thought the biggest part of the waves was to allow higher pledges to save names ahead of newer players. I wouldn't mind giving people the option to name change once or twice before we lock down stuff in beta, but I don't want my name stolen =[

Shadowelf
10-14-2013, 02:02 PM
I thought the biggest part of the waves was to allow higher pledges to save names ahead of newer players. I wouldn't mind giving people the option to name change once or twice before we lock down stuff in beta, but I don't want my name stolen =[

Despite the fact that we may be given a chance to change our names

i don't think there will be a name wipe. Reasons ? one is what you are saying;

Once we get close to Alpha launch, we'll let you know what's coming in an update both here and on the HEX website. You'll then receive an email via the email address we have on record with information directing you on how to register for your HEX account to reserve your character name,

update #31 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/503369#comments

Yes you will be registering names as you enter the Alpha, we are figuring out how to order entry of Alpha backers (and if its even feasible to use the Kickstarter data as a metric, such as level of pledge)

And also ;

What is a Keep? Most importantly, it is your primary identity within the game. Your Keep name will be completely unique. Your entire card and equipment collection will be bound to your Keep, as well as your identity within your guild and friends list. So, it would be a good idea to put some thought into your Keep name before you create your HEX account for the first time.

update #48 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/611776#comments

Drake6k
10-14-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm in the opposite boat. I'm thrilled to have my keep name and hope that I'm a unique Drake flower forever.

EmraldArcher
10-14-2013, 08:14 PM
This naming system nonsense is the most ill conceived part of the game thus far.

Which is pretty good in the grand scheme of things I suppose.

jetah
10-15-2013, 07:00 AM
This naming system nonsense is the most ill conceived part of the game thus far.

It's different for sure.

as for my wipe after alpha, CZE could still do that but reserve the names. A prompt could happen upon logging in asking if you wished to keep said name. If you select Yes nothing happens and you're a happy spectral lotus. If you select No then you get to choose a new one. After you select a new name the old name is released so another person can grab it.

EmraldArcher
10-15-2013, 07:14 AM
It's different for sure.

as for my wipe after alpha, CZE could still do that but reserve the names. A prompt could happen upon logging in asking if you wished to keep said name. If you select Yes nothing happens and you're a happy spectral lotus. If you select No then you get to choose a new one. After you select a new name the old name is released so another person can grab it.

Yea this is the logic way to do it.

I really doubt they would just wipe everyone's name.

Shadowelf
10-15-2013, 07:26 AM

Yeah sounds reasonable Jeta; it will be either this (best way imho) or they will notify everybody sometime prior to beta (or during beta) that they will open a short window to allow people that want to change names to do so

downtreader
10-15-2013, 01:19 PM
i like the idea, but way it seems to be implemented doesn't seem to live up to the importance that is placed on it. it's too constrained and simplistic. it's similar to the old republic's surname feature, but it seems like it's displayed inconsistently to me.

i feel like there should be more options about how the keep name is displayed, like adding 'the' as a prefix, or perhaps 'house' as a prefix. for example: if you chose cryptozoic as your account name, you would be give drop down menus in front and behind to have it display as '[character] of house cryptozoic', '[character] of the cryptozoic', '[character] cryptozoic', or even '[character] of the cryptozoic clan'. and when someone is assaulting your keep it shows up as 'keep cryptozoic'.

no one else could choose cryptozoic as their keep name, regardless of if they choose to display it different. heck, i'd even love to see the ability to associate an uploaded coat of arms with your keep.

Shadowelf
10-15-2013, 01:38 PM
i like the idea, but way it seems to be implemented doesn't seem to live up to the importance that is placed on it. it's too constrained and simplistic. it's similar to the old republic's surname feature, but it seems like it's displayed inconsistently to me.

i feel like there should be more options about how the keep name is displayed, like adding 'the' as a prefix, or perhaps 'house' as a prefix. for example: if you chose cryptozoic as your account name, you would be give drop down menus in front and behind to have it display as '[character] of house cryptozoic', '[character] of the cryptozoic', '[character] cryptozoic', or even '[character] of the cryptozoic clan'. and when someone is assaulting your keep it shows up as 'keep cryptozoic'.

no one else could choose cryptozoic as their keep name, regardless of if they choose to display it different. heck, i'd even love to see the ability to associate an uploaded coat of arms with your keep.

That's a whole different topic though; What we know about it is that they are considering it.

Once you've installed, you're in and you can name your Lord or Lady. Remember that this is a surname, like your family name or what you'd name your house or clan. We're currently taking in community feedback on this subject since our community is so passionate about how their character is named, but we'd like to go forward with this system right now and evaluate it over the alpha. That's what alpha is for, after all.

update #50 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/623888#comments

Aisriyth
10-16-2013, 02:09 AM
My major issue with the naming system is it feels mostly odd, combined with the fact I can't make an account with any of a slew of names i've tried and the likely hood they are all taken is astronomical. For now im just chalking it up to the buggy alpha. So, mostly waiting now, hoping the fix for the server login issue also fixes my issues with not being able to create a keep/lord.

Stok3d
10-16-2013, 04:15 AM
Yeah sounds reasonable Jeta; it will be either this (best way imho) or they will notify everybody sometime prior to beta (or during beta) that they will open a short window to allow people that want to change names to do so

Many people, like myself, are quite excited to have reserved their names. I hope there will not be an alpha wipe and instead let those who want a name change to do so.

Shadowelf
10-16-2013, 05:06 AM
Many people, like myself, are quite excited to have reserved their names. I hope there will not be an alpha wipe and instead let those who want a name change to do so.

Yeah i'm pretty happy too, more i would say than playing a buggy version of the game, that Alpha currently is (not that the game isn't awesome :) ).

I don't think there will be a mass wipe (reasons-check my post #22), but i see them opening a window for a short period of time to accomodate those that want to change theirs.

Bekkir
10-16-2013, 07:17 PM

Agree almost entirely with this. Heck, Id be happy with simply being able to add [ 's keep. ] on the end of the account name. [Character] of Bob's Keep! You are attacking Bob's Keep!