PDA

View Full Version : Pass chain option

shocker455
10-11-2013, 03:25 AM
An option to pass priority on everything in the chain would be nice. Chains can become crazy long, were each ability trigger more abilities and etc.

One of my games i had:
2 Wretched Broods(create a battle hopper at the start of your turn at the cost of 1 life)
2 Adamanthian Scrivener(gain 1 life when a troop you control enter play)
2 Righteous Paladin( +1,+1 when ever you gain life)

So at the start of my turn, 2 Wretched Broods go on the stack, which causes 4 Adamanthian Scrivener to go on the stack, which causes 8 Righteous Paladins to go on the stack. So priority needed to be passed 28 times(14 per person) at the start of ever one of my turn.

Unsurprisingly after a few turns of this the priority bug kicked in and we couldn't finish the game.

tatsumasa
10-11-2013, 08:41 AM
That would be cool maybe a list of triggers on some table that pops up and you can then pick which ones you want to do something on when they trigger. Of course, if your opponent chose any, as soon as he acted on that one you would be able to then react as well. Since all the triggers would go on the stack at the same time, I don't see a problem with showing them like this.

Even better, maybe you can reorder the way they will fire by dragging them around on the table. Since you are the owner of the effects, you should be able to chose what order they happen in each turn.

ravenight
10-11-2013, 02:49 PM
So MTGO let you do this at the time an ability fires (you right-click and tell it to always yield to this trigger). That always seemed annoying because there was no way to look up which things you were passing on or adjust it piecemeal (you could cancel it all though and go back to responding to everything). Would be really cool if there was just a window you could pop up (and dock maybe?) that showed every trigger that is currently known (to you) and let you set/remove stops individually or in groups. Would be especially cool to be able to set defaults on the triggers created by cards while you were building your deck, so that if you always play a card with a trigger that you basically never respond to, you could set it to default to auto-pass on that trigger (but still have the option of setting a stop in a particular game if there was a reason to).