PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for my Wild/Blood Shin'hare deck?

N64Overclocked
10-11-2013, 06:50 AM
This purpose of this deck is to get as many creatures out on the field as possible, while buffing those creatures. What do you guys think?

4 Concubunny (wild) (3)
4 Cottontail Ronin (wild) (1)
4 Bucktooth Commander (wild) (3)
2 Evolve (wild) (3)
2 Rune Ear Commander (wild) (4)
4 Runts of the Litter (wild) (1)
2 Uzume, Grand Concubunny (wild) (6)
2 Shin'hare Eulogist (blood) (2)
4 Shin'hare High Born (blood) (2)
2 Blood Bearer (blood)(1)
4 Command Tower (artifact) (3)
2 Necessary Sacrifice (blood) (4)
2 Incubation Slave (blood) (2)

38/60
22 wild
12 blood
4 artifact

13 wild resources
9 blood resources

I'm considering going down to 2 concubunnies and up to 4 Incubation slaves, because of the fact that Incubation slaves make 2/1 creatures instead of 0/1.

These are all from the recent spoiler.

EDIT: I made a modified version of this deck in a deck builder, so you can check that out here (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=1892)

HyenaNipples
10-11-2013, 07:26 AM
With few Eulogists and no Black Cauldron Ritualists, I'm not seeing a lot of power inherent in the deck. It looks like a single 4/4 could safely face down anything you could throw at it.

N64Overclocked
10-11-2013, 07:33 AM
With few Eulogists and no Black Cauldron Ritualists, I'm not seeing a lot of power inherent in the deck. It looks like a single 4/4 could safely face down anything you could throw at it.

I disagree that a 4/4 could face down anything i could throw at it. If i'm doing it right, i should have 4 2/1 troops to his 4/4. He kills one with blocking and i still do 6 damage. I'm not as interested in killing my opponent's troops as I am in making so many troops they can't handle it.
I thought about adding Black Cauldron Ritualists, and I might replace the blood bearers with them. But I won't know for sure until I can start playing.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I see your point about the eulogists. I'll add 2 more and get rid of the blood bearers i think.

Edit to clarify: I don't find the Black Cauldron Ritualist appealing simply because it only lasts for one turn, and I have to lose a creature. If I am playing this deck right, I should have my shin'hares buffed decently. So sacrificing a perma 2/2 for a temporary 4/4 is not worth the loss in numbers.

bangari
10-11-2013, 09:29 AM
I disagree that a 4/4 could face down anything i could throw at it. If i'm doing it right, i should have 4 2/1 troops to his 4/4. He kills one with blocking and i still do 6 damage.

What exactly are you assuming he is doing before he drops that 4/4? What exactly do you think he will do after? Your opponent is not going to just let you prepare to overrun him without interference.

This deck isn't going to work. you have no protection vs midrange. you have no protection vs crush/flying. Your lord creatures are easy pickings for removal. All in all, there are just too many ways for the enemy to ruin your plan.

Also, you should have 2 onslaught. That card is made for this sort of decks.

If I am playing this deck right, I should have my shin'hares buffed decently.

the question is never "what will happen if i play this right". Its always "what will happen if my opponent plays it right". There is literally nothing in your deck that can react to your opponent's reactions. You're opponent isn't just going to put down a vanilla 2/2 on turn 2, a vanilla 3/3/ on turn 3 and vanilla 4/4 on turn 4, then die.

N64Overclocked
10-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Then is a "token deck" like I used to be able to make in MTG impossible in HEX?

bangari
10-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Then is a "token deck" like I used to be able to make in MTG impossible in HEX?

You're deck is less token deck and more tribal deck.

Shin hare decks should be possible. Its just that you seemed to have built this deck in a vacuum without taking into account what other people would do to stop it.

If you are playing a longer game, you need some sort of defence from wipes or way to reduce their impact. If your plan is for aggro, you need to focus more on speed (i.e more Black Cauldron Ritualist, less incubation slave), you have to test this out, but it doesn't look very fast.

Also, just because its a shin hare deck doesn't mean you can't have other faction/creature types.