PDA

View Full Version : UI: suggest Chat Window minimize button

nicosharp
10-11-2013, 10:42 AM
The Chat window often times blocks me from selecting the last card in my hand, and the last card in play (if a lot are in play). A simple minimize button would solve this (I am using the default resolution so space is fairly limited)

Typhon
10-11-2013, 10:49 AM
I ran into this problem as well; you can actually move it around the screen to get it out of the way; but I agree that it would be very helpful to have a minimize button that would blink if there was a new message. In fact; I would like access to any guild and global chat as well while I'm in games (with an optional check box to determine if the box should blink if new messages came in on that channel). :)

Grimthorn
10-11-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm sure that chat box is the absolute bare bones at this point. There are no real channels and such. It also repeats whatever the last thing in there after I move screens.

Also, I can't scroll up/down or resize... I assumed that it's just a placeholder till they tackle that.

nicosharp
10-11-2013, 01:21 PM
I bet it is a placeholder as well. I was addressing it (with the current default settings), because it interferes with the gameplay. Would be a minor needed addition sooner rather than later. The alternative now is to move the box (which I did not know about until today), never use chat during a game, or find a small piece of screen to click on the corner of a card being blocked by it.

Marsden
10-11-2013, 02:23 PM
There's a chat window when in play? Hmmm, I don't think I've seen it. I will test and bug if relevant...

Sorry if I've been ignoring my opponents, it wasn't intentional!

nicosharp
10-11-2013, 02:31 PM
There's a chat window when in play? Hmmm, I don't think I've seen it. I will test and bug if relevant...

Sorry if I've been ignoring my opponents, it wasn't intentional!
It does not display until you hit Enter. Once you do, it won't minimize. There is no indicator that your opponent is chatting with you unless you open the window. Often times people say things to me before I do, cause I can hardly open it until I have less than 6 cards in hand (for ease of play)