PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at Account Creation

traeki
10-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Okay, so after reinstalling the game about 6 times, I finally got the game to move past the "loading data" screen to the account creation screen. But when I type in my Keep name and hit "Create Champion", the game tells me "Account is being created. Please wait." And then nothing happens. Forever. I've let it sit in that state multiple times for 30+ minutes, to no avail.

Anybody else seen this failure mode?

Any workarounds?

Drakmire
10-12-2013, 12:18 AM
From what I've read here, that happens as a result of trying a name that's already taken (though the message won't say that). Try a different name.

traeki
10-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Interesting. I chose a new name and finally was able to create an account. Not sure if the problem was that "Oz" was taken (and it just hung trying to create an existing account?) or if something else was going on and I just got lucky this time.

In any case, issue resolved. See you in there.

traeki
10-12-2013, 12:35 AM
From what I've read here, that happens as a result of trying a name that's already taken (though the message won't say that). Try a different name.

Ahah. Okay, that explains it then. No worries, I'm pretty happy to have gotten my second choice.