PDA

View Full Version : wave two breakdown

malloc31
10-12-2013, 07:42 AM
I assume that wave two being 4-5k people will not all be at the same time. Has it been stated anywhere, or can crypto tell us (they must have some plan and would just take a quick post) what the order will be among the $250 pledge levels for getting alpha invites? (Ie. alphabetical or smallest group to largest group).

Before any one flames me; I am not asking for dates, I don't want to know how long, just the order, when ever it does happen.

Thanks

Shadowelf
10-12-2013, 07:45 AM
We don't yet know , becasue they themselves don't yet know; latest offcial info is this ;

As for players asking when we will be able to send out the second wave of invites, the nature of the issues we're handling don't allow me to make any projections on that. At this point, I prefer to announce things that we've done as opposed to things that we plan to do. That means we'll announce when the second wave has already been sent as opposed to trying to project when we can send the invites.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943&page=2

Our team is evaluating how large the next group of invites should be and when we will be able to add those players. We don't have a date yet for Wave 2, but we will get players into the alpha as soon as we can do so safely.

update #51 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/626183#comments

Sci3nce
10-12-2013, 08:12 AM
It should either go by date backed, or Pro Player should be first, followed by collector then the PVE tiers. Since there is only PvP in the game it makes since that the players most excited to play PvP be the first in. I know that PP sold out quick and the PVE tiers weren't even close before they added a year of drafts, but someone has to get the short end of the stick. There's a PvP tier and an alpha that only has PvP in it, makes sense that they'd be the first invited.

That being said I'm pretty sure this is not the criteria they will be using

beepharoni
10-12-2013, 08:16 AM
It should either go by date backed, or Pro Player should be first, followed by collector then the PVE tiers. Since there is only PvP in the game it makes since that the players most excited to play PvP be the first in. I know that PP sold out quick and the PVE tiers weren't even close before they added a year of drafts, but someone has to get the short end of the stick. There's a PvP tier and an alpha that only has PvP in it, makes sense that they'd be the first invited.

That being said I'm pretty sure this is not the criteria they will be using

It's not even worth it to worry yourself with when you're going to get in. Just go outside and live your life until you get the email. Saying pro player should be first because it's only pvp isn't valid. It's based on contribution amount. 250$ tiers are all equal, regardless of the actual kickstarter bonus the account will get.

With that said, I have a feeling that all the 250 tiers will be opened up at once. It's just a matter of them fixing a few bugs and sending out a patch first.

They are under enough pressure to get the game in working condition as it is.. let's not stress them out even more with yet another "when will i get alpha" post.

Sci3nce
10-12-2013, 08:25 AM
It's not even worth it to worry yourself with when you're going to get in. Just go outside and live your life until you get the email. Saying pro player should be first because it's only pvp isn't valid. It's based on contribution amount. 250$ tiers are all equal, regardless of the actual kickstarter bonus the account will get.

With that said, I have a feeling that all the 250 tiers will be opened up at once. It's just a matter of them fixing a few bugs and sending out a patch first.

They are under enough pressure to get the game in working condition as it is.. let's not stress them out even more with yet another "when will i get alpha" post.

The OP clearly states this isn't a "when will I get in" thread, but rather a discussion on the order of entrance of the 250$ tiers. Also the criteria for the order of entry for the next wave is not the amount paid because they said its likely not all 250 tier players are likely to get in at the same time, so they can't use amount paid as a deciding factor to split the 250 tiers

Zygon
10-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Guys. The first wave of an alpha is almost always the longest.

Because they have TONS of bugs, and have to fix those first. Once they fix the gameplay bugs, they can launch wave 2, and just work on the servers from there, and waves will be much quicker.

Right now the game freezes a ton and there's a lot of broken cards. It's not like the game is perfect and they're making you wait sitting on your hands.

Go play something else.

ShadowIronblood
10-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Like op said this isn't about when but who. Logically you could do half from each tier or say pro player one day collector the next and so forth. Of course they have bugs to fix its beta, and I'll rather wait till its stable to jump in and play...which would be great if its Monday ;)

Vengus
10-12-2013, 09:32 AM
I believe there are pretty much 3 options for that particular situation:
1: They look at who pledged first. I believe they already considered doing this a while back so it is very possible they take this route.
2: They base it on the particular tier people pledged for, so like ShadowIronblood said letting for example the Pro Players in first, then the collectors and so on.
3: Totally random who gets in.

chromus
10-12-2013, 09:32 AM
It's pretty safe to say they will not prioritize any specific $250 tier. They will either say it's "random" and slowly send out invites OR they will not invite anyone until their systems can support 2000-3000 extra users, at which point every $250 backer gets an invite.

icetech
10-12-2013, 09:36 AM
It's pretty safe to say they will not prioritize any specific $250 tier. They will either say it's "random" and slowly send out invites OR they will not invite anyone until their systems can support 2000-3000 extra users, at which point every $250 backer gets an invite.

I just hope they take their time and don't rush.. better to slowly let people in and make sure the servers can handle it.. rushing people like me into the cheap seats wont help much:)

ShadowIronblood
10-12-2013, 09:46 AM
True no reason to rush... we'll just end up waiting on the inside instead of the outside Lol .

Soul-of-Void
10-12-2013, 09:48 AM
they can just inv all 250 tier couse , if you look at now there is so little ppl playing from that 1k invs. But sure they need to be sure that servers cna handle half the players invited.