PDA

View Full Version : UI SUGGESTION: Keywords are not explained in UI

DocX
10-12-2013, 08:53 AM
TITLE: Keywords are not explained in UI

DESCRIPTION: Some cards have keywords (such as Flight, Crush, Invincible) that are in green text on the card. These effects are not explained in the UI, even on mouse over or left click on the card text.

SUGGESTION: These keywords should have a pop-up on mouse-over or on left click that describes the keyword's effect.

Kami
10-12-2013, 09:38 AM
This is not a bug but a UI design decision.

Moved from Bug Reports.

mindl
10-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Should definitely have an in game highlight on the keywords showing what they do. If you can't or won't do that put the rules test for the ability on the card like MTG does.

Kami
10-12-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm sure it'll be implemented eventually but it's not something that's broken atm. :)

Eierdotter
10-12-2013, 09:48 AM
if those keywords are explained in teh tutorial its fine
if you play this game, you should be able to remember a few simple terms and their effect.

i would rather see every symbol also written on the card, but that is going to happen anyway

Shadowelf
10-12-2013, 09:50 AM
if those keywords are explained in teh tutorial its fine
if you play this game, you should be able to remember a few simple terms and their effect.

i would rather see every symbol also written on the card, but that is going to happen anyway

You can also check the keywords here http://hextcg.com/keywords/

Vorpal
10-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Pop up could be annoying, but having them be a hyperlink to a glossary of some sort might be useful.

Covnam
10-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Pop up could be annoying, but having them be a hyperlink to a glossary of some sort might be useful.

I think a mouse over pop-up would be fine since it would only show up when you hover over the word and be the most intuitive for players. The words are already in bold, so that already draws your attention (and cursor)to them.

Drake6k
10-13-2013, 05:02 PM
I had some fun fighting that 2 cost white totem guy; I don't know all the keyword symbols yet and I couldn't figure out if the guy had lifelink, swiftstrike, steadfast, or what. Maybe I missed something, but I couldn't find a tooltip or anything.

The_Wine_Gnat
10-14-2013, 10:41 AM
I think a mouse over pop-up would be fine since it would only show up when you hover over the word and be the most intuitive for players. The words are already in bold, so that already draws your attention (and cursor)to them.

+1. New players and old fogies like myself would love to see an explanation of what those effects do if you hover over them. This will be even more useful as new effects get added each set.

Harmonica
10-14-2013, 10:44 AM
alpha guys. just because it isnt in doesnt mean its not planned. you guys should really wait with the suggestion threads until beta comes around.